|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Chuck awakens Fido from hibernation?
2. Where was the lucrative role that Rosemary gave up?
3. Where does Rosemary confront Fred about being uncomfortable?
4. What days does Mrs. Harris work?
5. What simile does Vinnie use to describe England? Quiet English life is like. . .
Short Essay Questions
1. What reasons does Chuck give for spending so much time in England?
2. What reasons does Chuck cite as to why he's depressed in Chapter 5?
3. Why does Fred leave the Vogelers' angry in Chapter 2?
4. Why does Fred agree to convince Rosemary to hire a housekeeper?
5. Describe the man seated next to Vinnie on the plane.
6. What is the overall impression of Mrs. Harris' work at the party in Chapter 6?
7. Why does Vinnie think both Rosemary and Fred appear to be improved by their relationship when she sees them during intermission in Chapter 5?
8. Why does Vinnie like to work in the London Library Reading Room?
9. Why is Rosemary opposed to hiring a cleaning lady?
10. Describe Chuck's appearance when he arrives at Vinnie's house late at night in Chapter 5.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fred has separated from his wife Roo and come to London where he meets Rosemary.
1. What do the two women see in Fred?
2. What are the major differences between Roo and Rosemary?
3. Which do you think is a better match for Fred and why?
Essay Topic 2
After observing girls jumping rope, a girl named Mary offers to tell Vinnie some rhymes the girls won't repeat in front of teachers for a fee. How is Mary like Vinnie in appearance? When Vinnie returns to her apartment she considers not using the rhymes she learned from Mary. Why does she not want to use them? Does she decide to use them? What is her motivation for the decision? How does this decision make her and Mary more similar?
Essay Topic 3
Vinnie is furious that Chuck did not disclose his health condition with her. Had he told her, would Chuck have lived any differently? What would Vinnie have done had Chuck told her? Would this have made Chuck's life better? Would he have died anyway? What would have been accomplished by telling Vinnie he had a health condition?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)