|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chuck do when Vinnie buys him a new raincoat?
(a) Refuses to accept it.
(b) Buys her a raincoat.
(c) Throws it away.
(d) Loses it.
2. Who does Fred mistake for a small, stupid looking Druid?
3. After the symposium and reception, who calls Vinnie?
4. Why does Fred not approach Vinnie about Rosemary?
(a) Vinnie probably does not understand romantic love.
(b) Vinnie won't answer her phone.
(c) Vinnie has gone back to the United States.
(d) Vinnie is angry with Fred.
5. Where does Roo want to rendezvous with Fred?
(a) Jersey City.
(b) Atlantic City.
(c) New York City.
(d) Panama City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fred find at Rosemary's house in Chapter 10 that brings back intimate memories?
2. What had Vinnie accepted the rest of her life would be like?
3. What is Jakie's first word?
4. How does Vinnie feel about Chuck knowing about his condition and not taking precautions?
5. With whom does Fred walk along the Regent's Canal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can Vinnie no longer imagine sharing space with anyone?
2. What does Fred find at Rosemary's house when he arrives in Chapter 10?
3. Describe the events that take place between Rosemary and Vinnie in the taxi at the end of Chapter 9.
4. Why is Fred so bitter at the beginning of Chapter 10?
5. How does Vinnie try to change Chuck's appearance in Chapter 9?
6. At the end of Chapter 11, why has Fred never in his life felt worse about himself?
7. What does Fred think is strange when he goes to find Rosemary at the radio station?
8. Describe the thoughts Fred has in bed at the end of Chapter 10 and the ultimate realization he makes.
9. Describe the events that lead up to Jakie saying his first word.
10. Describe Edwin's interaction with Fred at Rosemary's house in Chapter 11.
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)