|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chuck do when Vinnie buys him a new raincoat?
(a) Throws it away.
(b) Buys her a raincoat.
(c) Refuses to accept it.
(d) Loses it.
2. Where does Vinnie go when she leaves London at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) New York.
(d) South Leigh.
3. What does Vinnie take before falling asleep at the end of Chapter 7?
(c) A bath.
(d) Vitamin C.
4. What keeps Vinnie from going to Wiltshire?
5. Where is Fred when he realizes who Mrs. Harris really is?
(a) In bed.
(b) On the train.
(c) At the zoo.
(d) Flying home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Vinnie feel about Chuck knowing about his condition and not taking precautions?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 12, how long has it been since Vinnie heard from Chuck?
3. Where is Fred watching the Druids' midsummer solstice rites?
4. After the symposium and reception, who calls Vinnie?
5. Why are Joe and Debby preoccupied with Jakie in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the thoughts Fred has in bed at the end of Chapter 10 and the ultimate realization he makes.
2. At the end of Chapter 11, why has Fred never in his life felt worse about himself?
3. Describe Vinnie's thoughts at the professional symposium she attends at the beginning of Chapter 11.
4. Describe the symbolism Fred takes from the postcard he finds from Roberto Frank.
5. What does Chuck tell about his childhood in Chapter 7?
6. Describe the events that take place between Rosemary and Vinnie in the taxi at the end of Chapter 9.
7. Why do you think Fido shrinks and waits outside when Vinnie enters her flat at the end of the novel?
8. Explain the events that take place when Fred gets to Holland Park.
9. Why is Fred so bitter at the beginning of Chapter 10?
10. What does Fred find at Rosemary's house when he arrives in Chapter 10?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)