|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vinnie want Chuck to avoid putting in his pockets?
(a) His hands.
(c) Maps and guidebooks.
(d) A wallet.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 12, how long has it been since Vinnie heard from Chuck?
(a) Three days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One month.
(d) One week.
3. After the symposium and reception, who calls Vinnie?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 8, how long has it been since Fred spoke to Rosemary?
(a) Twenty-four hours.
(b) Twelve hours.
(c) Seventy-two hours.
(d) Fourty-eight hours.
5. What does Vinnie do with Chuck's plastic raincoat in Chapter 9?
(a) Stuffs it in a trashcan.
(b) Burns it.
(c) Steals it for herself.
(d) Sells it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Roo's father?
2. Who takes a taxi from Daphne's party with Vinnie in Chapter 9?
3. Where are Chuck's ashes?
4. What does Fred find while packing?
5. What does Fred find at Rosemary's house in Chapter 10 that brings back intimate memories?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the events that lead up to Vinnie disposing of Chuck's raincoat.
2. By the time Chuck leaves his belongings with Vinnie when he returns to Wiltshire in Chapter 7, how has his relationship with Vinnie changed from the beginning of the book?
3. Describe the events in the kitchen that ultimately lead up to Chuck and Vinnie making love.
4. Describe the symbolism Fred takes from the postcard he finds from Roberto Frank.
5. How has Chuck changed from the beginning to the end of the book?
6. Explain whether or not you believe Mrs. Harris was ever a real person.
7. Describe Vinnie's thoughts at the professional symposium she attends at the beginning of Chapter 11.
8. What does Fred think is strange when he goes to find Rosemary at the radio station?
9. Why can Vinnie no longer imagine sharing space with anyone?
10. How does Vinnie try to change Chuck's appearance in Chapter 9?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)