|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character from Roo's childhood fantasy did Fred resemble?
(a) A prince.
(b) The perfect model.
(c) A British king.
(d) Her father.
2. From where does Fred think he can learn the most about British theater?
(a) Only from going to the theater.
(b) By watching the BBC.
(c) From books.
(d) Through Rosemary.
3. In what city is Rosemary's house located?
(c) New Castle.
4. Why does Vinnie "borrow" things from public places when things go badly?
(a) She is a compulsive shoplifter.
(b) She believes life owes her something.
(c) They were hers to begin with.
(d) She is a miser.
5. When Fred and Rosemary part, where does she claim she must go?
(a) Back to the theater.
(b) To her ex-husband's house.
(c) To America.
(d) To bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts Fred and Vinnie?
2. What does Jakie pull from the mantle at Rosemary's party in Chapter 6?
3. What does Fred think of Rosemary's house?
4. Fred thinks the Vogelers dress like characters from what when they come to meet Rosemary?
5. Where is Fred going for dinner in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Fred agree to convince Rosemary to hire a housekeeper?
2. Why does Vinnie think both Rosemary and Fred appear to be improved by their relationship when she sees them during intermission in Chapter 5?
3. What reasons does Chuck give for spending so much time in England?
4. Describe the man seated next to Vinnie on the plane.
5. Explain Fred's issues with money, mentioned in Chapter 4.
6. What is the overall impression of Mrs. Harris' work at the party in Chapter 6?
7. Why does Vinnie think the man sitting next to her should be particularly shunned?
8. Why do the Vogelers feel Fred getting involved with Rosemary is a mistake?
9. What information does Fred know about Mrs. Harris when guests are questioning him at the party?
10. After revealing she is American, what does Vinnie learn about Chuck?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)