|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Vinnie late at night at the end of Chapter 5?
2. From where does Fred think he can learn the most about British theater?
(a) From books.
(b) Only from going to the theater.
(c) By watching the BBC.
(d) Through Rosemary.
3. What does Fred think of Rosemary's house?
(a) It is located too far from the city.
(b) It is beautiful.
(c) It is too large for just her.
(d) It is a mess.
4. Who works in the Tulsa real estate market?
(a) Rosemary's ex-husband.
(b) Fred's wife.
(c) Chuck's wife.
(d) Edwin's boyfriend.
5. Why does Vinnie think Chuck probably doesn't frequent prostitutes?
(a) He has no money.
(b) He is homosexual.
(c) He is happily married.
(d) He needs to talk (they're probably not good at that).
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Chuck been doing research?
2. Which of the following is a factor Rosemary claims complicates her relationship with Fred?
3. In the three years since her break-up, what has Vinnie protected herself against?
4. How old is Fred?
5. Which of the following descriptions would most English teachers, who have fallen in love with the Elizabethan or Edwardian periods, not use to describe the contemporary country?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Fred's issues with money, mentioned in Chapter 4.
2. Describe Fido.
3. What information does Fred know about Mrs. Harris when guests are questioning him at the party?
4. Why does the British Museum frustrate Fred?
5. How does Fred's mother react when her son tells her he plans to marry Roo?
6. Why does Fred take the Underground for the first time?
7. Why does Fred think the letter he finally receives from Roo in Chapter 6 is ill-timed?
8. What are Fred's concerns at the beginning of Chapter 6?
9. Why is Virginia "Vinnie" Miner traveling to London?
10. What causes Vinnie to lose her temper with Chuck at the end of Chapter 5?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)