|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Fred see Rosemary in the lobby of the theater in Chapter 4?
(a) At a meet and greet event.
(b) At intermission.
(c) After the show.
(d) Before the show.
2. What does Vinnie contemplate on her bus ride home from Fortnum & Mason's in Chapter 3?
(a) Hosting her next party.
(b) Abundant time and money.
(c) Taking extra care to avoid Chuck.
(d) Finishing her research.
3. Who works in the Tulsa real estate market?
(a) Edwin's boyfriend.
(b) Chuck's wife.
(c) Rosemary's ex-husband.
(d) Fred's wife.
4. According to Chuck, the Tower of London is just an abandoned what?
5. What did Roo invite Fred to do when they met?
(a) Have lunch.
(b) Go to a polo match.
(c) Go to a party.
(d) Go horseback riding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is William Just often called?
2. In an effort to stop the man sitting next to her from conversing with her, what does Vinnie offer him?
3. Vinnie's hypothesis is that which version of rhymes is more ancient and literary?
4. Which of the following descriptions would most English teachers, who have fallen in love with the Elizabethan or Edwardian periods, not use to describe the contemporary country?
5. Where does Vinnie prefer to do her work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Edwin say has him concerned about Mrs. Harris at the party in Chapter 6?
2. Describe the decor of the Billings' house.
3. Why does Fred think the letter he finally receives from Roo in Chapter 6 is ill-timed?
4. What is the overall impression of Mrs. Harris' work at the party in Chapter 6?
5. Why is Fred uncomfortable at dinner?
6. What information does Fred know about Mrs. Harris when guests are questioning him at the party?
7. What does Chuck say about tourism in Chapter 3?
8. Describe the "best part of her life" that Vinnie is reminded of while watching the girls jump rope at the beginning of Chapter 5.
9. Why is Virginia "Vinnie" Miner traveling to London?
10. What are Fred's concerns at the beginning of Chapter 6?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)