|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Help Yourself primarily employs what?
(a) Single mothers.
(b) Out-of-work performers.
(c) Recovering drug abusers.
(d) Former prostitutes.
2. Who invites Fred and Rosemary to spend a weekend in the country?
(a) Colonel and Lady Jenkins.
(b) Joe and Debby Vogeler.
(d) Jimbo and Posey Billings.
3. What type of sandwich does Vinnie have in her bag in Chapter 1?
4. Why is Fred broke?
(a) He is unemployed.
(b) His salary checks are not clearing.
(c) He is a habitual gambler.
(d) All his money goes to alimony.
5. Where did Fred meet the people with whom he is dining?
(a) The Druids' midsummer solstice celebration.
(b) Graduate school.
(c) High school.
(d) The London Zoo.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Virginia "Vinnie" Miner?
2. What does Jakie pull from the mantle at Rosemary's party in Chapter 6?
3. What character from Roo's childhood fantasy did Fred resemble?
4. According to Fred, in elementary school, girls are divided into what two groups?
5. What simile does Vinnie's seatmate on the airplane use to describe airline fare? Airline fare is like. . .
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Fred uncomfortable at dinner?
2. After revealing she is American, what does Vinnie learn about Chuck?
3. Describe Rosemary's acting abilities.
4. Why is Virginia "Vinnie" Miner traveling to London?
5. Describe the "best part of her life" that Vinnie is reminded of while watching the girls jump rope at the beginning of Chapter 5.
6. Describe the problems caused by Fred's physique.
7. What does Fred's father think of Roo?
8. What reasons does Chuck give for spending so much time in England?
9. Why does Fred think the letter he finally receives from Roo in Chapter 6 is ill-timed?
10. Describe the man seated next to Vinnie on the plane.
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)