|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is not a contributor to Fred's bitter mood at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(c) The weather.
(d) His research.
2. When Fido leaves Chuck in Chapter 12, where does he go?
(a) To L. D. Zimmern.
(b) To Fred.
(c) To Rosemary.
(d) Back to Vinnie.
3. Where is Fred when he realizes who Mrs. Harris really is?
(a) At the zoo.
(b) On the train.
(c) In bed.
(d) Flying home.
4. Where does Edwin declare he would like to die?
(a) Anywhere in London.
(b) In bed.
(c) In a plane crash.
(d) Far from home.
5. What do Vinnie's acquaintances assume about her and Chuck?
(a) They have moved in together.
(b) They are related.
(c) They detest one another.
(d) They are lovers.
6. What animal reminds Vinnie of Chuck?
(a) Grizzly Bear.
(d) Polar Bear.
7. In what condition is Mrs. Harris when Fred finds her?
8. To where does Chuck return after some encouragement by Edwin?
(a) New Mexico.
(c) South Leigh.
9. What does Vinnie not do for Chuck to make him love her?
(a) She cheers him.
(b) She is nice to him.
(c) Travel with him while he researches his ancestors.
(d) She restores his confidence.
10. What does Vinnie feel deserves divine retribution?
(b) Poor service at restaurants.
(c) Turning children's literature into a scholarly discipline.
11. What term does Chuck not use to describe his "folks"?
(a) Not too law abiding.
12. Where is Ruth March traveling for a job?
(a) New Mexico.
(b) New Hampshire.
(c) New Jersey.
(d) New York.
13. How does Vinnie christen Barbie mentally?
(b) Very elegant.
(c) A cowgirl.
(d) The Barbarian.
14. Where does Roo want to rendezvous with Fred?
(a) Panama City.
(b) Atlantic City.
(c) New York City.
(d) Jersey City.
15. What does Fred find while packing?
(a) Rosemary's undergarments.
(b) An unopened letter from Roo.
(c) Keys to Rosemary's house.
(d) A stash of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vinnie want Chuck to avoid putting in his pockets?
2. In which magazine does Fred read an article about Rosemary's "Yankee connection"?
3. Who does Fred want to see when he passes out?
4. What rumors does Fred confirm to Vinnie?
5. What does Vinnie take before falling asleep at the end of Chapter 7?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)