|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who rings Vinnie's doorbell at 11 PM?
2. Which of the following descriptions would most English teachers, who have fallen in love with the Elizabethan or Edwardian periods, not use to describe the contemporary country?
3. Where was the lucrative role that Rosemary gave up?
4. For Chuck to visit his ancestral village, Vinnie advises him to travel by what?
(d) Rental car.
5. What does Jane write?
(a) Children's fiction.
(d) Science Fiction.
6. Where is Fred going for dinner in Chapter 2?
(b) Joe and Debby Vogelers' home.
(c) Monsieur Thompson's.
(d) The British Museum.
7. Who discusses with Fred not liking Mrs. Harris' dominant personality and suspicious behavior?
8. Why is Fred broke?
(a) He is a habitual gambler.
(b) All his money goes to alimony.
(c) He is unemployed.
(d) His salary checks are not clearing.
9. What does Vinnie contemplate on her bus ride home from Fortnum & Mason's in Chapter 3?
(a) Hosting her next party.
(b) Finishing her research.
(c) Abundant time and money.
(d) Taking extra care to avoid Chuck.
10. What is Fred's profession?
(a) An English teacher.
(b) A Poet.
(c) An historian.
(d) A novelist.
11. Chuck learns of an ancestor named what?
(a) The Phantom of the Opera.
(b) The Hermit of South Leigh.
(c) Jack the Ripper.
(d) The Hunchback of Norte Dame.
12. According to Vinnie, scholars cannot afford to be what?
13. Where did Fred meet the people with whom he is dining?
(a) High school.
(b) Graduate school.
(c) The London Zoo.
(d) The Druids' midsummer solstice celebration.
14. What about Chuck awakens Fido from hibernation?
(a) His attire.
(b) His smell.
(c) His whininess.
(d) His health.
15. When a bulky, balding, Western-attired man seated on the aisle asks to look at a newspaper lying on the seat between him and Vinnie, what magazine does Vinnie bury herself in to avoid conversation?
(c) Better Homes and Gardens.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does Chuck's sister-in-law say his mind is stuck?
2. Vinnie's research is comparing the Play-Rhymes of which two cultures?
3. What does Vinnie consider doing with the text from Mary?
4. How do Fred's friends feel about Roo?
5. What phrase best describes Vinnie's relationship with Edwin Francis?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)