|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a factor Rosemary claims complicates her relationship with Fred?
(b) Sexual orientation.
2. Who will Vinnie attend the English National Opera with?
3. At what age does Chuck's sister-in-law say his mind is stuck?
4. What is William Just often called?
(a) Just William.
(b) Slick Willey.
(c) Lady Justice.
(d) Boring Bill.
5. Who does Rosemary announce she and Fred will eat with after the play?
(b) Maria Jones.
(d) Mrs. Harris.
6. What does Vinnie do about Chuck's defeatism in Chapter 5?
(a) Rails him about brooding.
(b) Tells him she never wants to see him again.
(c) Embraces him.
(d) Takes him to bed.
7. Fred's friends Debby and Joe are both what?
(d) Tour guides.
8. How does Fred feel about Mrs. Harris?
(a) He feels she is a bad influence.
(b) He wants her to clean his house.
(c) He takes pride in her being hired.
(d) He wishes she were more polite.
9. Where does Vinnie prefer to do her work?
(a) The British Museum.
(b) The London Zoo.
(c) Her flat.
(d) The London Library Reading Room.
10. Why does Vinnie "borrow" things from public places when things go badly?
(a) She is a miser.
(b) She is a compulsive shoplifter.
(c) They were hers to begin with.
(d) She believes life owes her something.
11. What did Roo invite Fred to do when they met?
(a) Go horseback riding.
(b) Go to a party.
(c) Go to a polo match.
(d) Have lunch.
12. In an effort to stop the man sitting next to her from conversing with her, what does Vinnie offer him?
(b) A newspaper.
(d) A lunch date.
13. Vinnie's hypothesis is that which version of rhymes is more ancient and literary?
14. What does Vinnie observe primary school girls doing at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Jumping rope.
(b) Gossiping about boys.
(c) Sneaking cigarettes.
(d) Playing softball.
15. Where does the late-night caller in Chapter 5 invite Vinnie?
(a) Dinner and an opera.
(b) A boat ride.
(c) The theater.
(d) South Leigh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jakie pull from the mantle at Rosemary's party in Chapter 6?
2. Where is Fred going for dinner in Chapter 2?
3. Who interrupts Fred and Vinnie?
4. Where was the lucrative role that Rosemary gave up?
5. What cannot be said about Vinnie and Rosemary?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)