|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosemary hate talking about?
(b) Literature of the 1800's.
(c) Boring practical things.
(d) Sports and gambling.
2. Vinnie's hypothesis is that which version of rhymes is more ancient and literary?
3. Why does Vinnie "borrow" things from public places when things go badly?
(a) She is a miser.
(b) They were hers to begin with.
(c) She believes life owes her something.
(d) She is a compulsive shoplifter.
4. What about Chuck awakens Fido from hibernation?
(a) His whininess.
(b) His health.
(c) His attire.
(d) His smell.
5. In which periodical did L. D. Zimmern publish an article attacking Vinnie's field of study?
6. Where did Fred meet the people with whom he is dining?
(a) Graduate school.
(b) The London Zoo.
(c) The Druids' midsummer solstice celebration.
(d) High school.
7. What does Fred feel is Roo's only fault?
(a) Bad taste.
(c) Bad spending habits.
8. Where does the late-night caller in Chapter 5 invite Vinnie?
(a) A boat ride.
(b) South Leigh.
(c) The theater.
(d) Dinner and an opera.
9. Where does Vinnie prefer to do her work?
(a) The British Museum.
(b) The London Library Reading Room.
(c) The London Zoo.
(d) Her flat.
10. How old is Virginia "Vinnie" Miner?
11. Why is Fred broke?
(a) He is a habitual gambler.
(b) He is unemployed.
(c) All his money goes to alimony.
(d) His salary checks are not clearing.
12. According to Chuck, the Tower of London is just an abandoned what?
13. Who is typically late meeting Fred at the theater?
(d) The Vogelers.
14. Who invites Fred and Rosemary to spend a weekend in the country?
(a) Colonel and Lady Jenkins.
(b) Jimbo and Posey Billings.
(c) Joe and Debby Vogeler.
15. Fred Turner travels to London to research a long poem by whom?
(a) Robert Browning.
(b) Walt Whitman.
(c) John Gay.
(d) William Butler Yeats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vinnie observe primary school girls doing at the beginning of Chapter 5?
2. Where does Jimbo frequent on business trips?
3. How do Fred's friends feel about Roo?
4. In what city is Rosemary's house located?
5. Where is Fred going for dinner in Chapter 2?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)