|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to what Sarah tells Anthony, why did Sarah murder Elena?
2. What had Rosalyn promised Melinda she would do until the killer was caught that Melinda assumed Rosalyn had done anyway?
3. The night before the second victim's body is found, who did Rosalyn meet with?
4. What kind of car does Lennart Thorsson drive?
5. According to the woman who claims to have seen Elena's murderer, what was the woman wearing when she was seen by the murderer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Rosalyn jealous of Elena Weaver?
2. What type of scholar was the second murder victim?
3. What is a muller?
4. Why does Glyn Weaver snoop around Anthony's house after Justine goes out for a run?
5. Why could the professor that Lynley meets at the jazz concert not be the father of Elena's baby?
6. Why does Melinda decide that she and Rosalyn need to leave Cambridge?
7. What ties the two murder victims together?
8. After learning that his assumption about the father of Elena's baby is incorrect, what is Anthony Weaver's response?
9. When questioned by Lynley after leaving the jazz concert, what does the professor admit to?
10. According to the professor that Lynley meets at the jazz concert, why was the professor having an affair with Elena?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Adam Jenn and Gareth Randolph.
a. How are the two characters similar in terms of their personal and professional lives?
b. How are the two characters similar in their personality characteristics, strengths, and weaknesses?
c. Looking forward, how might being involved with Elena have affected each of these men as they moved forward with their lives? Would they be similarly affected?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the course of the novel, Anthony Weaver is involved with two quite different women. Compare the relationship Anthony has with Justine to the relationship Anthony has with Glyn. Then, compare these two women. How do these two relationships influence not only Anthony but also the other people in the story?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the characteristics, roles, loyalties, and agendas of the following people in the story: Sarah Gordon, Justine Weaver, Glyn Weaver, and Rosalyn Simpson.
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)