|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Glyn not want to attend Elena's funeral?
(a) Justine Weaver.
(b) Lennart Thorsson.
(c) Helen Clyde.
(d) Sarah Gordon.
2. How does the professor from the jazz concert characterize Elena just before Lynley leaves?
3. According to the conversation between Anthony and Justine that Glyn overhears, who wants to read a poem that Elena was fond of at Elena's funeral?
(a) Adam Jenn.
(b) Victor Troughton.
(c) Terrence Cuff.
(d) Gareth Randolph.
4. When Lynley arrives at Sarah Gordon's house and sees whose car is in the driveway, who does Lynley have Havers call?
(c) St. James.
5. What is the name of the second murder victim?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who blames Justine for Elena's sexual promiscuity?
2. While being questioned by Lynley and Havers, whose room does Gareth claim to have seen Elena coming out of the morning she was killed?
3. According to the outside forensic expert, how many times had Elena been struck by her murderer?
4. According to the woman who claims to have seen Elena's murderer, what was the woman wearing when she was seen by the murderer?
5. When Melinda hears about the second body being discovered, who does she assume is the victim?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the professor that Lynley meets at the jazz concert, why was the professor having an affair with Elena?
2. When questioned by Lynley after leaving the jazz concert, what does the professor admit to?
3. What does Melinda find when she returns home in Chapter 16?
4. When Rosalyn talks to Gareth, what can Rosalyn tell about Gareth Randolph?
5. How does Mrs. Havers's caregiver deter Mrs. Havers from leaving the house when Mrs. Havers is insistent?
6. After taking Gareth Randolph's possessions to the police station, Lynley returns to the Weaver home. Why does Glyn believe Lynley is at the Weaver home?
7. Although Anthony is taken to police headquarters after shooting Sarah Gordon, why do the police believe that he would be acquitted by a jury if brought up on charges?
8. Describe the second murder victim found in the story.
9. After learning that his assumption about the father of Elena's baby is incorrect, what is Anthony Weaver's response?
10. How does Lynley figure that Sarah Gordon got into Cambridge unseen when she killed Elena Weaver?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)