|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the forensic experts for the Cambridge Constabulary?
(a) Drake and Pleasance.
(b) Drake and Sheehan.
(c) Madingley and Pleasance.
(d) Madingley and Sheehan.
2. According to the conversation between Anthony and Justine that Glyn overhears, who wants to read a poem that Elena was fond of at Elena's funeral?
(a) Adam Jenn.
(b) Gareth Randolph.
(c) Victor Troughton.
(d) Terrence Cuff.
3. At the time of her murder, how long has the second victim been living in Cambridge?
(a) Three years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) One year.
(d) Five years.
4. When Barbara returns home and her mother's caregiver tells Barbara that she and Barbara's mother had a "scuffle," what started the scuffle?
(a) Mrs. Havers wanted her husband.
(b) Mrs. Havers wanted some coffee.
(c) Mrs. Havers wanted to visit Barbara.
(d) Mrs. Havers wanted to see the crime scene.
5. During the meeting Thorsson claims to have had the morning Elena was found murdered, what does Thorsson claim was the purpose of the meeting?
(a) To return a paper.
(b) To submit a paper.
(c) To write a paper.
(d) To review a paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does not go to the crime scene where the second body is discovered?
2. While Lynley and Havers are at the Cambridge Constabulary, another body is discovered. Where is the body found?
3. According to the woman who claims to have seen Elena's murderer, what was Elena wearing the morning she was murdered?
4. While being questioned by Lynley and Havers, how many times goes Gareth Randolph admit to having sex with Elena?
5. How many children does the professor from the jazz concert have with his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the second murder victim found in the story.
2. According to the professor that Lynley meets at the jazz concert, why did Elena sleep with the professor?
3. Although Anthony is taken to police headquarters after shooting Sarah Gordon, why do the police believe that he would be acquitted by a jury if brought up on charges?
4. When Rosalyn talks to Gareth, what can Rosalyn tell about Gareth Randolph?
5. What does Adam Jenn remember about the first time that he ever met Elena?
6. What is a muller?
7. Before collecting several items from Thorsson's bedroom, what does Lynley have Havers do?
8. In her house, why does Sarah tell Anthony Weaver that she killed Elena?
9. What type of scholar was the second murder victim?
10. What ties the two murder victims together?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)