|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the second murder victim?
2. When Lynley and Helen attend the jazz concert, two men are playing a game. What are they playing?
3. When Lynley and Havers are questioning Thorsson, what does Lynley take from Thorsson's room?
(a) His computer.
4. While being questioned by Lynley and Havers, whose room does Gareth claim to have seen Elena coming out of the morning she was killed?
(a) Lennart Thorsson.
(b) Adam Jenn.
(c) Victor Troughton.
(d) Anthony Weaver.
5. When Lynley arrives to pick up Helen for their date, what do Lynley and Pen discuss?
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Rosalyn promised Melinda she would do until the killer was caught that Melinda assumed Rosalyn had done anyway?
2. When Lynley and Helen attend the jazz concert, who is playing?
3. During the meeting Thorsson claims to have had the morning Elena was found murdered, what does Thorsson claim was the purpose of the meeting?
4. After realizing new arrangements need to be made for her mother, where does Havers take her mother to see?
5. After leaving Thorsson, who do Lynley and Havers meet with at the Cambridge Constabulary to discuss the investigation?
Short Essay Questions
1. To get around the petty dispute of the two forensics experts at the Cambridge Constabulary, what does Lynley suggest to the Detective Inspector?
2. What does Adam Jenn remember about the first time that he ever met Elena?
3. Before collecting several items from Thorsson's bedroom, what does Lynley have Havers do?
4. When Lynley sees Anthony's car in Sarah Gordon's driveway, what does Lynley notice on the front seat of Weaver's car?
5. When questioned by Lynley after leaving the jazz concert, what does the professor admit to?
6. Why does Melinda decide that she and Rosalyn need to leave Cambridge?
7. How does Lynley figure that Sarah Gordon got into Cambridge unseen when she killed Elena Weaver?
8. Why was Rosalyn jealous of Elena Weaver?
9. While questioning Gareth Randolph, what do both Lynley and Havers notice about Gareth?
10. When Sarah tells Anthony why she killed Elena, how does Anthony respond?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)