|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lennart Thorsson live?
(a) On Ashwood Court.
(b) On Hinton Street.
(c) On Trinity Passage.
(d) On Fulborn Road.
2. After leaving Thorsson, who do Lynley and Havers meet with at the Cambridge Constabulary to discuss the investigation?
(a) Detective Inspector Madingley.
(b) Detective Inspector Pleasance.
(c) Detective Inspector Drake.
(d) Detective Inspector Sheehan.
3. Who are the forensic experts for the Cambridge Constabulary?
(a) Drake and Sheehan.
(b) Madingley and Sheehan.
(c) Madingley and Pleasance.
(d) Drake and Pleasance.
4. When Havers suggests to Lynley to have her reassigned and ask someone else to assist Lynley with the case, who does Havers suggest she talk to in order to pave the way for her replacement?
5. When Lynley and Helen attend the jazz concert, who is playing?
(a) Victor Troughton.
(b) Anthony Weaver.
(c) Randie Webberly.
(d) Adam Jenn.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the professor from the jazz concert characterize Elena just before Lynley leaves?
2. What is the position at the university of the person who approaches Havers and Lynley to provide an alibi for Lennart for the morning when Elena was killed?
3. According to the conversation between Anthony and Justine that Glyn overhears, who wants to read a poem that Elena was fond of at Elena's funeral?
4. How did Elena make Adam feel when they first met at the history faculty's party?
5. What is the name of the dog that found the second body discovered in the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. Before collecting several items from Thorsson's bedroom, what does Lynley have Havers do?
2. When Lynley sees Anthony's car in Sarah Gordon's driveway, what does Lynley notice on the front seat of Weaver's car?
3. When questioned by Lynley after leaving the jazz concert, what does the professor admit to?
4. According to the professor that Lynley meets at the jazz concert, why did Elena sleep with the professor?
5. While questioning Gareth Randolph, what do both Lynley and Havers notice about Gareth?
6. When Rosalyn talks to Gareth, what can Rosalyn tell about Gareth Randolph?
7. To get around the petty dispute of the two forensics experts at the Cambridge Constabulary, what does Lynley suggest to the Detective Inspector?
8. How does Pen discover what had originally been on the destroyed canvas that Glyn Weaver gave to Lynley?
9. What ties the two murder victims together?
10. Although Anthony is taken to police headquarters after shooting Sarah Gordon, why do the police believe that he would be acquitted by a jury if brought up on charges?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)