|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving Thorsson, who do Lynley and Havers meet with at the Cambridge Constabulary to discuss the investigation?
(a) Detective Inspector Drake.
(b) Detective Inspector Sheehan.
(c) Detective Inspector Pleasance.
(d) Detective Inspector Madingley.
2. What word is on the ruined painting that Lynley and Pen discover with the photographs?
3. On the way to the car after questioning Gareth Randolph, who do Lynley and Havers meet?
4. When Barbara returns home and her mother's caregiver tells Barbara that she and Barbara's mother had a "scuffle," what started the scuffle?
(a) Mrs. Havers wanted to visit Barbara.
(b) Mrs. Havers wanted to see the crime scene.
(c) Mrs. Havers wanted some coffee.
(d) Mrs. Havers wanted her husband.
5. When Lynley and Havers go to question Gareth Randolph the morning after questioning the professor, where do Lynley and Havers find Gareth?
(a) In the dining hall.
(b) In the chapel.
(c) In the street.
(d) In the lecture hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. While being questioned by Lynley and Havers, whose room does Gareth claim to have seen Elena coming out of the morning she was killed?
2. What is the position at the university of the person who approaches Havers and Lynley to provide an alibi for Lennart for the morning when Elena was killed?
3. According to what Sarah tells Anthony, why did Sarah murder Elena?
4. After realizing new arrangements need to be made for her mother, where does Havers take her mother to see?
5. How is the second victim killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Glyn Weaver snoop around Anthony's house after Justine goes out for a run?
2. How does Lynley figure that Sarah Gordon got into Cambridge unseen when she killed Elena Weaver?
3. How does Pen discover what had originally been on the destroyed canvas that Glyn Weaver gave to Lynley?
4. When Lynley sees Anthony's car in Sarah Gordon's driveway, what does Lynley notice on the front seat of Weaver's car?
5. After learning that his assumption about the father of Elena's baby is incorrect, what is Anthony Weaver's response?
6. What type of scholar was the second murder victim?
7. Why could the professor that Lynley meets at the jazz concert not be the father of Elena's baby?
8. While questioning Gareth Randolph, what do both Lynley and Havers notice about Gareth?
9. How does Mrs. Havers's caregiver deter Mrs. Havers from leaving the house when Mrs. Havers is insistent?
10. According to the professor that Lynley meets at the jazz concert, why did Elena sleep with the professor?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)