|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Lynley that Elena never wanted to be part of the Deaf culture?
(a) Adam Jenn.
(b) Anthony Weaver.
(c) Randie Webberly.
(d) Gareth Randolph.
2. After the police decline Glyn's first demand, what is Glyn's second demand?
(a) To question the witnesses.
(b) To witness the autopsy.
(c) To witness the suspect interviews.
(d) To observe the investigation.
3. How old was Elena when Anthony had walked out on Elena and Glyn?
(a) Eight years old.
(b) Ten years old.
(c) Five years old.
(d) Thirteen years old.
4. While at the police station, what does Glyn Weaver demand?
(a) To see the evidence.
(b) To hear the interview recordings.
(c) To see Elena's body.
(d) To question the suspects.
5. Where does Lynley travel to in order to conduct his initial interview with Sarah Gordon?
(d) Ivy Court.
Short Answer Questions
1. While investigating Elena's murder, where is Lynley staying?
2. What is Barbara Havers's rank?
3. When Lynley arrives at Ivy Court on his way to Seymour Street, whose name does Lynley see written on one of the front doors?
4. When Lynley returns to the crime scene, what does he notice nearby where Elena's body was found?
5. Where did Glyn raise Elena?
Short Essay Questions
1. During his meeting with Lynley, what is the Master of St. Stephen's College reluctant to speculate on with Lynley?
2. As Glyn is picking out Elena's coffin, what does she realize?
3. In Chapter 3, why is Helen Clyde staying at her sister's house?
4. When did Sarah Gordon and Elena Weaver first meet?
5. After driving her mother to an assisted-living facility, why does Barbara Havers return to Acton?
6. Why did Anthony Weaver's assistant start working for Weaver?
7. According to Chapter 7, what does Pen feel oppressed by?
8. What is a Ceephone?
9. The morning that she came upon Elena's body, what had Sarah Gordon decided to do?
10. Why is Lynley suspicious of Sarah Gordon even though her alibi checked out?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)