|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lynley meet with Dr. Cuff?
(a) At Ivy Court.
(b) At the chapel.
(c) At the bank.
(d) At the police station.
2. As Lynley and his companion discuss the Gordon interview over lunch, where are they eating?
(a) Cambridge commons.
(b) Lynley's room.
(c) A crowded pub.
(d) An empty bar.
3. Who is Rosalyn's chief competitor in the running club she belonged to?
4. When Lynley reaches the crime scene, how many local men are in the workshop?
5. As the story opens, what time does Elena go running on the last day of her life?
(a) 4:00 P.M.
(b) 8:00 A.M.
(c) 1:00 P.M.
(d) 6:00 A.M.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Elena when Anthony had walked out on Elena and Glyn?
2. What is "Randie" Webberly's real first name?
3. What is Barbara Havers's rank?
4. What is Anthony's reaction when he sees the coffin that Glyn picks for Elena?
5. Who cares for Barbara Havers's mother while Barbara is at work?
Short Essay Questions
1. How would life change if Anthony Weaver is awarded the Penford Chair?
2. What is a Ceephone?
3. Why does Glyn want an open casket public viewing of Elena's body?
4. As the story opens, one of the characters has decided to take up drawing and painting again. Why?
5. How is Sarah Gordon's alibi confirmed for the day Elena was killed?
6. As the story opens and Elena is running, why is she running alone?
7. Why did Pen originally decide to become a stay-at-home mother?
8. In Chapter 7 when Harry Rodger returns home, why does he leave for Cambridge shortly after arriving home?
9. According to the New Scotland Yard's Superintendent, who contacts the New Scotland Yard to request assistance in the investigation into Elena's murder?
10. In Chapter 3, why is Helen Clyde staying at her sister's house?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)