|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lynley goes to Elena's room to look for clues, what does Lynley realize Elena had been fond of?
2. Where did Glyn raise Elena?
3. When Havers receives a call about her mother while having tea with Lynley in his rooms, where does Havers depart for?
4. As the story opens and Elena is out running, what is the weather like?
(a) It is sunny.
(b) It is foggy.
(c) It is raining.
(d) It is snowing.
5. What subject does Anthony Weaver teach?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rosalyn is introduced in Chapter 12, where has Rosalyn just returned from?
2. What is Justine Weaver's maiden name?
3. What is Barbara Havers's rank?
4. What is the name of the woman that Rosalyn Simpson is involved with?
5. When Lynley visits Helen at Pen's home, where do Helen and Lynley make plans to go the next night
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Elena's difficulties in adjusting to life at Cambridge manifest themselves?
2. Why did Pen originally decide to become a stay-at-home mother?
3. As the story opens and Elena is running, why is she running alone?
4. What does the preliminary report into Elena's murder state?
5. After driving her mother to an assisted-living facility, why does Barbara Havers return to Acton?
6. What did Anthony Weaver's assistant tell Lynley about the night before Elena was killed?
7. In Chapter 7 when Harry Rodger returns home, why does he leave for Cambridge shortly after arriving home?
8. According to Justine, why did she not run with Elena the day that Elena was murdered?
9. As the story opens, one of the characters has decided to take up drawing and painting again. Why?
10. According to Chapter 7, what does Pen feel oppressed by?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)