|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Havers suggests to Lynley to have her reassigned and ask someone else to assist Lynley with the case, who does Havers suggest she talk to in order to pave the way for her replacement?
2. What is the name of the second murder victim?
3. What kind of car does Barbara Havers drive?
(a) An old Ford.
(b) An old Mini.
(c) An Oldsmobile.
(d) An old Beetle.
4. Where are Havers and Lynley when someone approaches them to provide an alibi for Lennart for the morning when Elena was killed?
(a) The Cambridge chapel.
(b) The Bliss Tea Room.
(c) The Ivy Court.
(d) Robinson Crusoe's Island.
5. How is the second victim killed?
(a) With a pistol.
(b) With a shotgun.
(c) With a rope.
(d) With a knife.
6. According to the conversation between Anthony and Justine that Glyn overhears, who wants to read a poem that Elena was fond of at Elena's funeral?
(a) Terrence Cuff.
(b) Gareth Randolph.
(c) Victor Troughton.
(d) Adam Jenn.
7. Who cares for Mrs. Havers when Barbara is at work?
(a) Mrs. Gustafson.
(b) Mrs. Weaver.
(c) Mrs. Flo.
(d) Mrs. Sheehan.
8. Where is the second murder victim from?
9. When Barbara returns home and her mother's caregiver tells Barbara that she and Barbara's mother had a "scuffle," what started the scuffle?
(a) Mrs. Havers wanted some coffee.
(b) Mrs. Havers wanted to visit Barbara.
(c) Mrs. Havers wanted to see the crime scene.
(d) Mrs. Havers wanted her husband.
10. What kind of car does Lynley drive?
(a) A Mini.
(b) A Bentley.
(c) A BMW.
(d) A Lexus.
11. Who is Simon Allcourt-St. James?
(a) An insurance investigator.
(b) A forensic expert.
(c) A crime lab technician.
(d) A police investigator.
12. After Gordon and Weaver ended their affair, what item did Anthony forget to ask Sarah to return?
(a) His book.
(b) His key.
(c) His wallet.
(d) His paints.
13. While Lynley and Havers are at the Cambridge Constabulary, another body is discovered. Where is the body found?
(a) Ivy Court.
14. According to the woman who claims to have seen Elena's murderer, what was Elena wearing the morning she was murdered?
(a) A college sweatshirt.
(b) A headband.
(c) A tracksuit.
(d) A radio.
15. After the scuffle in Sarah Gordon's home when Lynley bursts in, who actually fires the gun?
(a) Anthony Weaver.
(b) Thomas Lynley.
(c) Sarah Gordon.
(d) Barbara Havers.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lynley arrives to pick up Helen for their date, what do Lynley and Pen discuss?
2. Who does not go to the crime scene where the second body is discovered?
3. When the outside forensic expert joins Havers at the Cambridge Police Station, what does he tell her that the weapon used to beat Elena was most likely made from?
4. According to Gareth's story, where was he at the time when Elena was murdered?
5. According to what Sarah tells Anthony, why did Sarah murder Elena?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)