|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During questioning by Lynley and Havers, who does Thorsson say he met with the morning Elena was found murdered?
(a) A graduate student.
(b) An undergraduate.
(c) A substitute lecturer.
(d) A professor.
2. Who is an expert on Shakespearean literature?
(a) Sarah Gordon.
(b) Elena Weaver.
(c) Simon Allcourt-St. James.
(d) Lennart Thorsson.
3. How does the professor from the jazz concert characterize Elena just before Lynley leaves?
4. According to the woman who claims to have seen Elena's murderer, what was Elena wearing the morning she was murdered?
(a) A headband.
(b) A college sweatshirt.
(c) A radio.
(d) A tracksuit.
5. When Lynley arrives at Sarah Gordon's house and sees whose car is in the driveway, who does Lynley have Havers call?
(a) St. James.
6. Who does not go to the crime scene where the second body is discovered?
7. Where does Pen take the ruined canvas that Lynley brings to show her?
(a) The Art Museum.
(b) The Mathilda.
(c) The Fitzwilliam.
(d) The Allcourt St. James.
8. What is the name of the dog that found the second body discovered in the story?
9. How is the second victim killed?
(a) With a knife.
(b) With a pistol.
(c) With a shotgun.
(d) With a rope.
10. After leaving Thorsson, who do Lynley and Havers meet with at the Cambridge Constabulary to discuss the investigation?
(a) Detective Inspector Drake.
(b) Detective Inspector Pleasance.
(c) Detective Inspector Sheehan.
(d) Detective Inspector Madingley.
11. Who blames Justine for Elena's sexual promiscuity?
(a) Adam Jenn.
(b) Anthony Weaver.
(c) Sarah Gordon.
(d) Glyn Weaver.
12. When Anthony Weaver finally returns home after the shooting at the Gordon home, who meets Anthony at the front door?
13. At the time of her murder, how long has the second victim been living in Cambridge?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) One year.
(c) Three years.
(d) Five years.
14. While Lynley and Havers are at the Cambridge Constabulary, another body is discovered. Where is the body found?
(c) Ivy Court.
15. According to the conversation between Anthony and Justine that Glyn overhears, who wants to read a poem that Elena was fond of at Elena's funeral?
(a) Gareth Randolph.
(b) Terrence Cuff.
(c) Adam Jenn.
(d) Victor Troughton.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to what Sarah tells Anthony, why did Sarah murder Elena?
2. What kind of car does Lennart Thorsson drive?
3. When Lynley arrives to pick up Helen for their date, what do Lynley and Pen discuss?
4. What is the name of the person that Mrs. Havers mistaken her caregiver for?
5. How did Elena make Adam feel when they first met at the history faculty's party?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)