|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Howard's enemy describes man's weapon as which of the following?
2. What is true of grammar in the society described in Anthem?
3. Where was Anthem published?
4. What does Peter Keating seek?
5. What is Howard's occupation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Rand defends the concept of self-interest, especially in Atlas Shrugged. How does Rand defend self-interest? What kind of self-interest does she defend, if so? Is this a good thing or a bad thing?
Essay Topic 2What characteristics of dystopia are found in the stories in this text? Why does Rand write about dystopia so often? Why is this theme significant to the message of the text?
Essay Topic 3What role does money play in each story? Does Rand defend money?
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)