|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Howard views the poor as having what relationship to his work?
2. Where was Anthem published?
3. Howard says that what type of person is always persecuted?
4. Rand says that America is built on which ideal?
5. What is Howard's occupation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Rand's use of titles. What effect do the titles have on the reader? How do the titles correspond to the stories? How do the titles influence the way the reader approaches the text?
Essay Topic 2
Do you consider Howard to be a loyal person? If he is loyal, who does he prove his loyalty to at the end of The Fountainhead?
Essay Topic 3
What message does Rand send to the reader about industrial work and employment? What context clues are used to convey this message?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)