|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What struggle is indicated in The Fountainhead?
2. What is the name of Howard's foe?
3. What does Peter Keating seek?
4. In The Fountainhead, the act of collecting which emotion is deemed private?
5. Howard's enemy describes man's weapon as which of the following?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is Rand's book, For the New Intellectual, propaganda? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How does Rand suggest a culture should be judged? Does Rand follow through with this technique in judging other cultures?
Essay Topic 3
What message does Rand send to the reader about industrial work and employment? What context clues are used to convey this message?
This section contains 131 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)