|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Howard's foe thinks that he can beat men down with which emotion?
2. What does the man in Anthem realize he owes?
3. What is true of grammar in the society described in Anthem?
4. When was Anthem published?
5. What does Anthem concern?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Rand's purpose in writing For the New Intellectual? How do you know? Is the purpose clear and straightforward? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Do you consider Howard to be a loyal person? If he is loyal, who does he prove his loyalty to at the end of The Fountainhead?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the role of capitalism in the societies that Rand describes. Discuss the diction Rand uses to describe capitalism.
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)