Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What struggle is indicated in The Fountainhead?
2. In The Fountainhead, Howard thinks that happiness equals what?
3. What is true of grammar in the society described in Anthem?
4. Rand says that America is built on which ideal?
5. In Anthem, Rand imagines a future where what concept is accepted?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the role of one of the archetypes Rand mentions, such as the Witch Doctor or Attila.
Essay Topic 2
How does Rand suggest a culture should be judged? Does Rand follow through with this technique in judging other cultures?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role symbolism plays in For the New Intellectual. Specifically focus on one of the stories in the text. What are the characters in this story symbolic of? How does symbolism relate to Rand's whole thesis and to the central conflict of the story?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)