|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Howard blows up his project as an act of which of the following?
2. What is true of grammar in the society described in Anthem?
3. The story in Anthem covers the rediscovery of what word?
4. In Anthem, Rand imagines a future where what concept is accepted?
5. What is Howard's occupation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the role of protagonist and antagonist in each of the five chapters in For the New Intellectual. Which has a more significant impact on the reader?
Essay Topic 2
How does Rand suggest a culture should be judged? Does Rand follow through with this technique in judging other cultures?
Essay Topic 3
What message does Rand send to the reader about industrial work and employment? What context clues are used to convey this message?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)