|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Howard attack head on?
2. Howard says that what type of person is always persecuted?
3. The story in Anthem covers the rediscovery of what word?
4. In The Fountainhead, Howard thinks that happiness equals what?
5. What is true of grammar in the society described in Anthem?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the role of capitalism in the societies that Rand describes. Discuss the diction Rand uses to describe capitalism.
Essay Topic 2
What characteristics of dystopia are found in the stories in this text? Why does Rand write about dystopia so often? Why is this theme significant to the message of the text?
Essay Topic 3
What evidence of Rand's personal views can the reader see in the text? Does this make the book part non-fiction? Why or why not?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)