|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Howard says that men should strive to do which of the following?
2. What does the man in Anthem want to achieve?
3. Rand says that America is built on which ideal?
4. What does Peter Keating seek?
5. What struggle is indicated in The Fountainhead?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Rand suggest a culture should be judged? Does Rand follow through with this technique in judging other cultures?
Essay Topic 2
Is For the New Intellectual a piece of realism? Are the stories in the text realistic? What elements of fantasy are present?
Essay Topic 3
Is Rand's book, For the New Intellectual, propaganda? Why or why not?
This section contains 132 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)