|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rand says that America is built on which ideal?
2. Howard's foe think that a broken man does which of the following?
3. Where was Anthem published?
4. What struggle is indicated in The Fountainhead?
5. Howard views the poor as having what relationship to his work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is Rand's book, For the New Intellectual, propaganda? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the role of protagonist and antagonist in each of the five chapters in For the New Intellectual. Which has a more significant impact on the reader?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of dystopia in For the New Intellectual. Which settings in the text are examples of dystopias? What characteristics make them a dystopia?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)