|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In The Fountainhead, the root of everything despicable is the absence of what quality?
2. Howard says that what type of person is always persecuted?
3. Howard's enemy describes man's weapon as which of the following?
4. Rand says that America is built on which ideal?
5. What is the name of the project Howard blows up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the role of capitalism in the societies that Rand describes. Discuss the diction Rand uses to describe capitalism.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the character of Howard in The Fountainhead. Then describe the adversity he faces. Are his conflicts trivial or real? Is Howard concerned with doing the right thing, or with being right?
Essay Topic 3
Are the struggles that Rand presents between collectivism and individualism realistic?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)