|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Howard's foe?
2. Howard's enemy describes man's weapon as which of the following?
3. Howard's foe think that a broken man does which of the following?
4. Rand states that collectivism has already taken over which region?
5. What consequence of collectivism does Rand describe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What evidence of Rand's personal views can the reader see in the text? Does this make the book part non-fiction? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the role of capitalism in the societies that Rand describes. Discuss the diction Rand uses to describe capitalism.
Essay Topic 3
Is For the New Intellectual a piece of realism? Are the stories in the text realistic? What elements of fantasy are present?
This section contains 139 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)