|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In The Fountainhead, the root of everything despicable is the absence of what quality?
2. In The Fountainhead, the act of collecting which emotion is deemed private?
3. Howard says that what type of person is always persecuted?
4. Rand says that America is built on which ideal?
5. Howard blows up his project as an act of which of the following?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is Rand's book, For the New Intellectual, propaganda? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What characteristics of dystopia are found in the stories in this text? Why does Rand write about dystopia so often? Why is this theme significant to the message of the text?
Essay Topic 3
What evidence of Rand's personal views can the reader see in the text? Does this make the book part non-fiction? Why or why not?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)