|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man in Anthem want to achieve?
2. Howard says that what type of person is always persecuted?
3. In The Fountainhead, the root of everything despicable is the absence of what quality?
4. Rand says that America is built on which ideal?
5. In The Fountainhead, the act of collecting which emotion is deemed private?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Rand prove that the United States is a dying society? What evidence does Rand use to support this claim? Is the claim legitimate?
Essay Topic 2
What evidence of Rand's personal views can the reader see in the text? Does this make the book part non-fiction? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the role of one of the archetypes Rand mentions, such as the Witch Doctor or Attila.
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)