|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Collectivists in The Fountainhead don't understand what quality?
2. Howard says that creators need to possess which quality?
3. What consequence of collectivism does Rand describe?
4. Howard's enemy describes man's weapon as which of the following?
5. Howard says that men should strive to do which of the following?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of dystopia in For the New Intellectual. Which settings in the text are examples of dystopias? What characteristics make them a dystopia?
Essay Topic 2
What characteristics of dystopia are found in the stories in this text? Why does Rand write about dystopia so often? Why is this theme significant to the message of the text?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the character of Howard in The Fountainhead. Then describe the adversity he faces. Are his conflicts trivial or real? Is Howard concerned with doing the right thing, or with being right?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)