|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Howard sees Peter as which of the following?
2. What does the man in Anthem realize he owes?
3. Howard says that what type of person is always persecuted?
4. In The Fountainhead, Howard thinks that happiness equals what?
5. What does the man in Anthem want to achieve?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the role of capitalism in the societies that Rand describes. Discuss the diction Rand uses to describe capitalism.
Essay Topic 2
What message does Rand send to the reader about industrial work and employment? What context clues are used to convey this message?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the character of Howard in The Fountainhead. Then describe the adversity he faces. Are his conflicts trivial or real? Is Howard concerned with doing the right thing, or with being right?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)