|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Anthem, Rand imagines a future where what concept is accepted?
2. Howard's enemy describes man's weapon as which of the following?
3. Howard's foe think that a broken man does which of the following?
4. Where was Anthem published?
5. When was Anthem published?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role symbolism plays in For the New Intellectual. Specifically focus on one of the stories in the text. What are the characters in this story symbolic of? How does symbolism relate to Rand's whole thesis and to the central conflict of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Is For the New Intellectual a piece of realism? Are the stories in the text realistic? What elements of fantasy are present?
Essay Topic 3
What role does money play in each story? Does Rand defend money?
This section contains 144 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)