|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What struggle is indicated in The Fountainhead?
2. In The Fountainhead, Howard thinks that happiness equals what?
3. What is true of grammar in the society described in Anthem?
4. Rand says that America is built on which ideal?
5. In Anthem, Rand imagines a future where what concept is accepted?
Essay Topic 1
What characteristics of dystopia are found in the stories in this text? Why does Rand write about dystopia so often? Why is this theme significant to the message of the text?
Essay Topic 2
Are the struggles that Rand presents between collectivism and individualism realistic?
Essay Topic 3
What evidence of Rand's personal views can the reader see in the text? Does this make the book part non-fiction? Why or why not?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)