|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Howard says that what type of person is always persecuted?
2. Rand says that America is built on which ideal?
3. Collectivists in The Fountainhead don't understand what quality?
4. Howard's foe think that a broken man does which of the following?
5. What does the man in Anthem want to achieve?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Are the struggles that Rand presents between collectivism and individualism realistic?
Essay Topic 2
What evidence of Rand's personal views can the reader see in the text? Does this make the book part non-fiction? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Rand defends the concept of self-interest, especially in Atlas Shrugged. How does Rand defend self-interest? What kind of self-interest does she defend, if so? Is this a good thing or a bad thing?
This section contains 144 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)