|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Howard says that men should strive to do which of the following?
2. What does Peter Keating seek?
3. What is the name of Howard's foe?
4. Collectivists in The Fountainhead don't understand what quality?
5. What does the man in Anthem realize he owes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What characteristics of dystopia are found in the stories in this text? Why does Rand write about dystopia so often? Why is this theme significant to the message of the text?
Essay Topic 2
Do you consider Howard to be a loyal person? If he is loyal, who does he prove his loyalty to at the end of The Fountainhead?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role symbolism plays in For the New Intellectual. Specifically focus on one of the stories in the text. What are the characters in this story symbolic of? How does symbolism relate to Rand's whole thesis and to the central conflict of the story?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)