|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rand states that the only tools of cognition are not which of the following?
2. What did Kant allegedly close philosophy to?
3. Why does Kira have a love affair with somebody she does not like?
4. Rand describes perception as which of the following?
5. What country does Rand believe is deluding itself?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are all the stories in For the New Intellectual connected?
2. What role does Andrei play in making an argument for Rand's claims?
3. Why is the title Anthem significant?
4. How does Rand describe the United States of America?
5. What does Atlas Shrugged defend?
6. What advice does Rand give to the new intellectuals?
7. Who is Howard Roark?
8. Describe Ellsworth's role in the story.
9. Describe Howard's view of collectivists.
10. What kind of symbolism exists in Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Rand suggest a culture should be judged? Does Rand follow through with this technique in judging other cultures?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the role of one of the archetypes Rand mentions, such as the Witch Doctor or Attila.
Essay Topic 3
How does Rand prove that the United States is a dying society? What evidence does Rand use to support this claim? Is the claim legitimate?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)