|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Witch Doctor's weapon?
2. Which adjective does Rand use to describe America's culture?
3. Rand describes perception as which of the following?
4. How does Kira feel about using Andrei?
5. What kind of revolution is needed, according to Rand?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare Hank and Francisco.
2. What does Howard think the root of evil is?
3. Why does Howard blow up Cortlandt?
4. How does Rand describe the United States of America?
5. Why does Francisco say that money is society's virtue?
6. What revolution does Rand call for?
7. What does Rand believe the role of intellectuals is?
8. How are all the stories in For the New Intellectual connected?
9. How does Rand describe capitalism?
10. What is the significance of the title We the Living to the contents of Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Rand's use of titles. What effect do the titles have on the reader? How do the titles correspond to the stories? How do the titles influence the way the reader approaches the text?
Essay Topic 2
What message does Rand send to the reader about industrial work and employment? What context clues are used to convey this message?
Essay Topic 3
Is Rand's book, For the New Intellectual, propaganda? Why or why not?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)