|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Attila need protection from?
2. What kind of relationship does Rand describe the archetypes Attila and Witch Doctor as having?
3. Who does Kira have a love affair with, even though she does not like him?
4. Freedom and philosophy first arose in which setting, according to Rand?
5. What country does Rand believe is deluding itself?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Kira's relationships in Chapter 2.
2. What does Rand believe the new intellectuals should do?
3. What kind of symbolism exists in Chapter 2?
4. What does Rand believe the role of intellectuals is?
5. Describe Ellsworth's role in the story.
6. Describe Hank's career.
7. Compare Hank and Francisco.
8. What role does Andrei play in making an argument for Rand's claims?
9. Who is Howard Roark?
10. How does Rand describe the United States of America?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character of Howard in The Fountainhead. Then describe the adversity he faces. Are his conflicts trivial or real? Is Howard concerned with doing the right thing, or with being right?
Essay Topic 2
Is For the New Intellectual a piece of realism? Are the stories in the text realistic? What elements of fantasy are present?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the role of one of the archetypes Rand mentions, such as the Witch Doctor or Attila.
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)