|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The chief intellectual, according to Rand, is which type of person?
2. Which adjective does Rand use to describe America's culture?
3. What does Jeremy Bentham champion?
4. What does Rand describe socialism as a revolt against?
5. What kind of revolution is needed, according to Rand?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Hank's career.
2. What does Howard think the root of evil is?
3. Describe Kira's relationships in Chapter 2.
4. Describe the two choices Rand presents for a dying society.
5. What are the major themes in Atlas Shrugged?
6. Why does Howard blow up Cortlandt?
7. What kind of symbolism exists in Chapter 2?
8. What is the purpose of For the New Intellectual?
9. Describe the conflict in Chapter 2, We the Living.
10. What role does Andrei play in making an argument for Rand's claims?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ellsworth, from The Fountainhead, describes reason as man's greatest weapon. Is this statement true? How does it relate to the rest of the text?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the role of one of the archetypes Rand mentions, such as the Witch Doctor or Attila.
Essay Topic 3
What role does money play in each story? Does Rand defend money?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)