|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kira have a love affair with, even though she does not like him?
2. Rand states that collectivism is dead in which country?
3. How does Kira feel about using Andrei?
4. Rand describes perception as which of the following?
5. Rand states that the only tools of cognition are not which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Howard blow up Cortlandt?
2. What does Atlas Shrugged defend?
3. What revolution does Rand call for?
4. What are the major themes in Atlas Shrugged?
5. What is the purpose of For the New Intellectual?
6. Why is We the Living set in Soviet Russia?
7. Describe Howard's view of collectivists.
8. Describe Hank's career.
9. How does Howard view altruism?
10. What advice does Rand give to the new intellectuals?
Essay Topic 1
What message does Rand send to the reader about industrial work and employment? What context clues are used to convey this message?
Essay Topic 2
Is For the New Intellectual a piece of realism? Are the stories in the text realistic? What elements of fantasy are present?
Essay Topic 3
What role does money play in each story? Does Rand defend money?
This section contains 1,194 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)