|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kira feel about using Andrei?
2. Rand says that new intellectuals must acquire which of the following?
3. Freedom and philosophy first arose in which setting, according to Rand?
4. What does Attila need protection from?
5. In a dying society, how many choices does Rand say individuals have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Howard think the root of evil is?
2. Describe the two choices Rand presents for a dying society.
3. How does Rand describe the United States of America?
4. What struggle is portrayed in The Fountainhead?
5. Describe Howard's view of collectivists.
6. Describe Kira's relationships in Chapter 2.
7. What revolution does Rand call for?
8. What does Rand believe the role of intellectuals is?
9. What are the results of collectivism in Anthem?
10. What advice does Rand give to the new intellectuals?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you consider Howard to be a loyal person? If he is loyal, who does he prove his loyalty to at the end of The Fountainhead?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the character of Howard in The Fountainhead. Then describe the adversity he faces. Are his conflicts trivial or real? Is Howard concerned with doing the right thing, or with being right?
Essay Topic 3
Are the struggles that Rand presents between collectivism and individualism realistic?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)