|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the man that Kira wants to save?
2. How does Kira feel about using Andrei?
3. What does Jeremy Bentham champion?
4. What does Rand state that capitalism is incompatible with?
5. What does Rand describe socialism as a revolt against?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the main goal of the man in Anthem?
2. What does Rand believe the role of intellectuals is?
3. How are all the stories in For the New Intellectual connected?
4. Describe the conflict in Chapter 2, We the Living.
5. What role do the archetypes Attila and Witch Doctor play?
6. How does Rand describe the United States of America?
7. What role does Rand describe industrialists as having?
8. What kind of symbolism exists in Chapter 2?
9. How does Rand describe capitalism?
10. Describe Hank's career.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does money play in each story? Does Rand defend money?
Essay Topic 2
Do you consider Howard to be a loyal person? If he is loyal, who does he prove his loyalty to at the end of The Fountainhead?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the role of one of the archetypes Rand mentions, such as the Witch Doctor or Attila.
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)