|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of crime was Leo arrested for?
2. Andrei viewed citizens in what way?
3. What adjective does Rand use to describe the USA's founding fathers?
4. Who does Rand describe as a soldier of liberty?
5. Rand describes perception as which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Howard blow up Cortlandt?
2. Who is Howard Roark?
3. What does Atlas Shrugged defend?
4. What does Howard think the root of evil is?
5. Describe Kira's relationships in Chapter 2.
6. What role does Andrei play in making an argument for Rand's claims?
7. What revolution does Rand call for?
8. What is the main goal of the man in Anthem?
9. Rand states that culture should be judged by what criteria?
10. What is the purpose of For the New Intellectual?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Rand suggest a culture should be judged? Does Rand follow through with this technique in judging other cultures?
Essay Topic 2
What role does money play in each story? Does Rand defend money?
Essay Topic 3
Do you consider Howard to be a loyal person? If he is loyal, who does he prove his loyalty to at the end of The Fountainhead?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)