|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting for We The Living?
2. Rand says that new intellectuals must acquire which of the following?
3. What kind of revolution is needed, according to Rand?
4. Andrei viewed citizens in what way?
5. Rand states that the only tools of cognition are not which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare Hank and Francisco.
2. What is the main goal of the man in Anthem?
3. Is Howard loyal? Why or why not?
4. What does Rand believe the role of intellectuals is?
5. Describe Kira's relationships in Chapter 2.
6. What is the significance of the title We the Living to the contents of Chapter 2?
7. What role does Rand describe industrialists as having?
8. Why is We the Living set in Soviet Russia?
9. What advice does Rand give to the new intellectuals?
10. What is the purpose of For the New Intellectual?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What evidence of Rand's personal views can the reader see in the text? Does this make the book part non-fiction? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the role of one of the archetypes Rand mentions, such as the Witch Doctor or Attila.
Essay Topic 3
How does Rand suggest a culture should be judged? Does Rand follow through with this technique in judging other cultures?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)