Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The chief intellectual, according to Rand, is which type of person?
2. What kind of relationship does Rand describe the archetypes Attila and Witch Doctor as having?
3. What is the Witch Doctor's weapon?
4. Who delivers a speech in We The Living?
5. Rand suggests that a nation's bodyguards are which type of people?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Howard Roark?
2. Rand states that culture should be judged by what criteria?
3. How are all the stories in For the New Intellectual connected?
4. What does Howard think the root of evil is?
5. What is the main goal of the man in Anthem?
6. What role does Rand describe industrialists as having?
7. What role do the archetypes Attila and Witch Doctor play?
8. How does Rand describe capitalism?
9. What are the major themes in Atlas Shrugged?
10. Describe the two choices Rand presents for a dying society.
Essay Topic 1
What evidence of Rand's personal views can the reader see in the text? Does this make the book part non-fiction? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the role of capitalism in the societies that Rand describes. Discuss the diction Rand uses to describe capitalism.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of dystopia in For the New Intellectual. Which settings in the text are examples of dystopias? What characteristics make them a dystopia?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)