|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Andrei passionate about?
2. What does Rand believe capitalism wiped out?
3. Kira asks Andrei what it feels like to be treated like which of the following?
4. What does Rand describe socialism as a revolt against?
5. What did Kant allegedly close philosophy to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Howard view altruism?
2. What is the main goal of the man in Anthem?
3. Describe Howard's view of collectivists.
4. Rand states that culture should be judged by what criteria?
5. What struggle is portrayed in The Fountainhead?
6. How does Rand describe capitalism?
7. Why is the title Anthem significant?
8. Why is We the Living set in Soviet Russia?
9. What role does Andrei play in making an argument for Rand's claims?
10. What is the significance of the title We the Living to the contents of Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does money play in each story? Does Rand defend money?
Essay Topic 2
What message does Rand send to the reader about industrial work and employment? What context clues are used to convey this message?
Essay Topic 3
What characteristics of dystopia are found in the stories in this text? Why does Rand write about dystopia so often? Why is this theme significant to the message of the text?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)