|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rand states that the only tools of cognition are not which of the following?
2. What kind of revolution is needed, according to Rand?
3. What does Rand believe capitalism wiped out?
4. Who does Rand describe as a soldier of liberty?
5. Who does Kira have a love affair with, even though she does not like him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare Hank and Francisco.
2. Why is We the Living set in Soviet Russia?
3. Describe Howard's view of collectivists.
4. What revolution does Rand call for?
5. What role does Rand describe industrialists as having?
6. What role does Andrei play in making an argument for Rand's claims?
7. How does Rand describe the United States of America?
8. Describe Kira's relationships in Chapter 2.
9. What does Atlas Shrugged defend?
10. Why does Francisco say that money is society's virtue?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you consider Howard to be a loyal person? If he is loyal, who does he prove his loyalty to at the end of The Fountainhead?
Essay Topic 2
What characteristics of dystopia are found in the stories in this text? Why does Rand write about dystopia so often? Why is this theme significant to the message of the text?
Essay Topic 3
Rand defends the concept of self-interest, especially in Atlas Shrugged. How does Rand defend self-interest? What kind of self-interest does she defend, if so? Is this a good thing or a bad thing?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)