|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rand describe as being man's only tool of knowledge?
2. Who does Rand describe as a soldier of liberty?
3. What did Kant allegedly close philosophy to?
4. Kira asks Andrei what it feels like to be treated like which of the following?
5. What does Attila need protection from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role do the archetypes Attila and Witch Doctor play?
2. How does Rand describe the United States of America?
3. Why does Howard blow up Cortlandt?
4. How does Rand describe capitalism?
5. What revolution does Rand call for?
6. What kind of symbolism exists in Chapter 2?
7. How does Howard view altruism?
8. What is the significance of the title We the Living to the contents of Chapter 2?
9. What are the results of collectivism in Anthem?
10. Rand states that culture should be judged by what criteria?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What message does Rand send to the reader about industrial work and employment? What context clues are used to convey this message?
Essay Topic 2
What role does money play in each story? Does Rand defend money?
Essay Topic 3
Do you consider Howard to be a loyal person? If he is loyal, who does he prove his loyalty to at the end of The Fountainhead?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)