|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rand describe as altruism's most perfect advocate?
2. The injunction not to judge shows the climax of which of the following, according to Rand?
3. How does Kira feel about using Andrei?
4. What was Andrei passionate about?
5. What does Jeremy Bentham champion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the title Anthem significant?
2. Compare Hank and Francisco.
3. How does Rand describe the United States of America?
4. What revolution does Rand call for?
5. Describe the conflict in Chapter 2, We the Living.
6. Describe Ellsworth's role in the story.
7. What is the main goal of the man in Anthem?
8. What role does Andrei play in making an argument for Rand's claims?
9. What role do the archetypes Attila and Witch Doctor play?
10. How does Rand describe capitalism?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What characteristics of dystopia are found in the stories in this text? Why does Rand write about dystopia so often? Why is this theme significant to the message of the text?
Essay Topic 2
What role does money play in each story? Does Rand defend money?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the role of capitalism in the societies that Rand describes. Discuss the diction Rand uses to describe capitalism.
This section contains 1,171 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)