|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Attila need protection from?
2. Rand says that new intellectuals must acquire which of the following?
3. New intellectuals, says Rand, should not give into which of the following?
4. Andrei viewed citizens in what way?
5. What was Andrei passionate about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Kira's relationships in Chapter 2.
2. What are the major themes in Atlas Shrugged?
3. Describe Ellsworth's role in the story.
4. What is the purpose of For the New Intellectual?
5. What does Rand believe the new intellectuals should do?
6. Rand states that culture should be judged by what criteria?
7. Describe the conflict in Chapter 2, We the Living.
8. What role do the archetypes Attila and Witch Doctor play?
9. What does Rand believe the role of intellectuals is?
10. What advice does Rand give to the new intellectuals?
Essay Topic 1
Ellsworth, from The Fountainhead, describes reason as man's greatest weapon. Is this statement true? How does it relate to the rest of the text?
Essay Topic 2
Is Rand's book, For the New Intellectual, propaganda? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of dystopia in For the New Intellectual. Which settings in the text are examples of dystopias? What characteristics make them a dystopia?
This section contains 1,236 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)