|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rand describes perception as which of the following?
2. Freedom and philosophy first arose in which setting, according to Rand?
3. The injunction not to judge shows the climax of which of the following, according to Rand?
4. Who delivers a speech in We The Living?
5. Who is the man that Kira wants to save?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the main goal of the man in Anthem?
2. Describe Hank's career.
3. How does Rand describe capitalism?
4. What does Howard think the root of evil is?
5. What does Rand believe the new intellectuals should do?
6. How does Rand describe the United States of America?
7. What is the significance of the title We the Living to the contents of Chapter 2?
8. Describe the conflict in Chapter 2, We the Living.
9. What are the major themes in Atlas Shrugged?
10. How does Howard view altruism?
Essay Topic 1
What message does Rand send to the reader about industrial work and employment? What context clues are used to convey this message?
Essay Topic 2
Is Rand's book, For the New Intellectual, propaganda? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of dystopia in For the New Intellectual. Which settings in the text are examples of dystopias? What characteristics make them a dystopia?
This section contains 1,163 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)