|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the man that Kira wants to save?
2. Andrei viewed citizens in what way?
3. Which adjective does Rand use to describe America's culture?
4. Rand suggests that a culture should be judged by which of the following?
5. What kind of relationship does Rand describe the archetypes Attila and Witch Doctor as having?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Howard's view of collectivists.
2. What are the major themes in Atlas Shrugged?
3. What revolution does Rand call for?
4. What is the significance of the title We the Living to the contents of Chapter 2?
5. What are the results of collectivism in Anthem?
6. Describe the conflict in Chapter 2, We the Living.
7. Compare Hank and Francisco.
8. What does Howard think the root of evil is?
9. What role does Andrei play in making an argument for Rand's claims?
10. What does Atlas Shrugged defend?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What message does Rand send to the reader about industrial work and employment? What context clues are used to convey this message?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the role of one of the archetypes Rand mentions, such as the Witch Doctor or Attila.
Essay Topic 3
Rand defends the concept of self-interest, especially in Atlas Shrugged. How does Rand defend self-interest? What kind of self-interest does she defend, if so? Is this a good thing or a bad thing?
This section contains 1,213 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)