|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the man that Kira wants to save?
2. Andrei viewed citizens in what way?
(a) As piles of flesh.
(b) As angry mobs.
(c) As leeches.
(d) As worker ants.
3. Rand states that the only tools of cognition are not which of the following?
(c) Negative feelings.
(d) Logical thoughts.
4. What conflict is apparent in We The Living?
(a) Indiivual vs. Capitalism.
(b) Individual vs. State.
(c) Collectivism vs. Government.
(d) Capitalism vs. Socialism.
5. Rand suggests that a nation's bodyguards are which type of people?
(a) The military.
(c) Those who are physically strongest.
(d) Government officials.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kira have a love affair with, even though she does not like him?
2. What does Rand describe socialism as a revolt against?
3. What country does Rand believe is deluding itself?
4. What does Jeremy Bentham champion?
5. What is the setting for We The Living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does Rand describe industrialists as having?
2. Is Howard loyal? Why or why not?
3. What role does Andrei play in making an argument for Rand's claims?
4. What is the purpose of For the New Intellectual?
5. Describe Hank's career.
6. What does Rand believe the new intellectuals should do?
7. What struggle is portrayed in The Fountainhead?
8. What does Rand believe the role of intellectuals is?
9. Describe Howard's view of collectivists.
10. Compare Hank and Francisco.
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)