|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the man that Kira wants to save?
2. The chief intellectual, according to Rand, is which type of person?
3. What does Jeremy Bentham champion?
4. Rand suggests that a nation's bodyguards are which type of people?
(a) The military.
(c) Government officials.
(d) Those who are physically strongest.
5. Who does Rand describe as altruism's most perfect advocate?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Andrei passionate about?
2. What is the setting for We The Living?
3. What conflict is apparent in We The Living?
4. What kind of crime was Leo arrested for?
5. What does Rand state that capitalism is incompatible with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Atlas Shrugged defend?
2. What role does Rand describe industrialists as having?
3. How does Rand describe capitalism?
4. What is the purpose of For the New Intellectual?
5. Compare Hank and Francisco.
6. Describe Hank's career.
7. What role does Andrei play in making an argument for Rand's claims?
8. What is the significance of the title We the Living to the contents of Chapter 2?
9. Why does Howard blow up Cortlandt?
10. Describe the conflict in Chapter 2, We the Living.
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)