|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What conflict is apparent in We The Living?
(a) Indiivual vs. Capitalism.
(b) Individual vs. State.
(c) Collectivism vs. Government.
(d) Capitalism vs. Socialism.
2. What country does Rand believe is deluding itself?
(d) United States of America.
3. Who delivers a speech in We The Living?
4. What does Rand describe as being man's only tool of knowledge?
(b) The mind.
(d) Physical strength.
5. New intellectuals, says Rand, should not give into which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. In a dying society, how many choices does Rand say individuals have?
2. The injunction not to judge shows the climax of which of the following, according to Rand?
3. What kind of relationship does Rand describe the archetypes Attila and Witch Doctor as having?
4. Andrei viewed citizens in what way?
5. The goal of this book is to do which of the following, according to Rand?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the title Anthem significant?
2. Describe the two choices Rand presents for a dying society.
3. Describe Hank's career.
4. Why does Francisco say that money is society's virtue?
5. What is the significance of the title We the Living to the contents of Chapter 2?
6. What role does Andrei play in making an argument for Rand's claims?
7. Rand states that culture should be judged by what criteria?
8. How are all the stories in For the New Intellectual connected?
9. What are the major themes in Atlas Shrugged?
10. Why is We the Living set in Soviet Russia?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)