|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rand describe as being man's only tool of knowledge?
(c) Physical strength.
(d) The mind.
2. Kira asks Andrei what it feels like to be treated like which of the following?
(a) A monster.
(b) A political system.
(c) A tool.
(d) A child.
3. Who delivers a speech in We The Living?
4. Rand states that to oppose views, one need which of the following?
5. What is the setting for We The Living?
(a) United States.
(c) Soviet Russia.
(d) Post-war France.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rand says that new intellectuals must acquire which of the following?
2. New intellectuals, says Rand, should not give into which of the following?
3. Who is the man that Kira wants to save?
4. Who does Kira have a love affair with, even though she does not like him?
5. What does Rand believe capitalism wiped out?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Howard Roark?
2. What role does Rand describe industrialists as having?
3. What kind of symbolism exists in Chapter 2?
4. Describe Hank's career.
5. Describe the conflict in Chapter 2, We the Living.
6. What struggle is portrayed in The Fountainhead?
7. How does Rand describe the United States of America?
8. What does Rand believe the new intellectuals should do?
9. How are all the stories in For the New Intellectual connected?
10. What are the major themes in Atlas Shrugged?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)