|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rand describe as being man's only tool of knowledge?
(a) The mind.
(b) Physical strength.
2. Rand suggests that a nation's bodyguards are which type of people?
(b) The military.
(c) Government officials.
(d) Those who are physically strongest.
3. Andrei viewed citizens in what way?
(a) As leeches.
(b) As worker ants.
(c) As piles of flesh.
(d) As angry mobs.
4. Freedom and philosophy first arose in which setting, according to Rand?
(a) Renaissance Europe.
(b) Soviet Russia.
(c) Ancient Greece.
(d) Ancient Rome.
5. Rand states that the only tools of cognition are not which of the following?
(a) Negative feelings.
(d) Logical thoughts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does Rand believe is deluding itself?
2. Kira asks Andrei what it feels like to be treated like which of the following?
3. What does Rand believe capitalism wiped out?
4. The injunction not to judge shows the climax of which of the following, according to Rand?
5. Who is the man that Kira wants to save?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Francisco say that money is society's virtue?
2. What role does Andrei play in making an argument for Rand's claims?
3. Describe Hank's career.
4. What role do the archetypes Attila and Witch Doctor play?
5. Rand states that culture should be judged by what criteria?
6. What struggle is portrayed in The Fountainhead?
7. What is the significance of the title We the Living to the contents of Chapter 2?
8. What is the main goal of the man in Anthem?
9. Who is Howard Roark?
10. What are the major themes in Atlas Shrugged?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)