|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rand describes perception as which of the following?
2. What does Attila need protection from?
3. What does Jeremy Bentham champion?
4. What kind of revolution is needed, according to Rand?
5. How does Kira feel about using Andrei?
(a) She is remorseful.
(b) She feels bad at first but then forgets.
(c) She feels no remorse.
(d) She denies feeling remorse, but actually does.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of relationship does Rand describe the archetypes Attila and Witch Doctor as having?
2. Which adjective does Rand use to describe America's culture?
3. What does Rand state that capitalism is incompatible with?
4. Rand suggests that a culture should be judged by which of the following?
5. Who delivers a speech in We The Living?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare Hank and Francisco.
2. What revolution does Rand call for?
3. Describe Ellsworth's role in the story.
4. Is Howard loyal? Why or why not?
5. Rand states that culture should be judged by what criteria?
6. What does Rand believe the new intellectuals should do?
7. Why is the title Anthem significant?
8. What kind of symbolism exists in Chapter 2?
9. Why does Howard blow up Cortlandt?
10. How does Rand describe capitalism?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)