|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Andrei viewed citizens in what way?
(a) As leeches.
(b) As angry mobs.
(c) As worker ants.
(d) As piles of flesh.
2. Who does Rand describe as a soldier of liberty?
(d) Average citizen.
3. What was Andrei passionate about?
4. Rand describes perception as which of the following?
5. Rand states that collectivism is dead in which country?
Short Answer Questions
1. Freedom and philosophy first arose in which setting, according to Rand?
2. What does Rand describe as being man's only tool of knowledge?
3. Who is the man that Kira wants to save?
4. What adjective does Rand use to describe the USA's founding fathers?
5. Who does Rand describe as altruism's most perfect advocate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Howard loyal? Why or why not?
2. Why is We the Living set in Soviet Russia?
3. What is the purpose of For the New Intellectual?
4. Why is the title Anthem significant?
5. How does Rand describe the United States of America?
6. What is the significance of the title We the Living to the contents of Chapter 2?
7. What are the major themes in Atlas Shrugged?
8. What role does Andrei play in making an argument for Rand's claims?
9. What advice does Rand give to the new intellectuals?
10. What does Howard think the root of evil is?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)