|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rand states that the only tools of cognition are not which of the following?
(a) Logical thoughts.
(b) Negative feelings.
2. Rand says that no man has the right to do which of the following?
(a) Create force.
(b) Initiate force against others.
(c) Consider using force when provoked.
(d) Provoke force.
3. Andrei viewed citizens in what way?
(a) As angry mobs.
(b) As worker ants.
(c) As piles of flesh.
(d) As leeches.
4. The injunction not to judge shows the climax of which of the following, according to Rand?
5. Who is the man that Kira wants to save?
Short Answer Questions
1. The chief intellectual, according to Rand, is which type of person?
2. Who does Rand describe as a soldier of liberty?
3. What country does Rand believe is deluding itself?
4. What kind of relationship does Rand describe the archetypes Attila and Witch Doctor as having?
5. What adjective does Rand use to describe the USA's founding fathers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does Andrei play in making an argument for Rand's claims?
2. How does Rand describe capitalism?
3. What does Rand believe the role of intellectuals is?
4. What are the major themes in Atlas Shrugged?
5. What does Atlas Shrugged defend?
6. How are all the stories in For the New Intellectual connected?
7. What revolution does Rand call for?
8. Who is Howard Roark?
9. Describe Hank's career.
10. What is the main goal of the man in Anthem?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)