|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Howard says that creators need to possess which quality?
2. Howard says that men should strive to do which of the following?
3. The story in Anthem covers the rediscovery of what word?
4. Howard views the poor as having what relationship to his work?
(a) They have no claim to his work.
(b) They have no right to buy his work.
(c) They deserve to build their own homes.
(d) They deserve to have his work.
5. In Anthem, Rand imagines a future where what concept is accepted?
6. What does the man in Anthem want to achieve?
7. What does the man in Anthem realize he owes?
(b) His life.
(c) His money.
(d) His dedication.
8. Where was Anthem published?
9. What is true of grammar in the society described in Anthem?
(a) Only singular nouns remain.
(b) Only singular pronouns remain.
(c) Only plural nouns remain.
(d) Only plural pronouns remain.
10. Howard's enemy describes man's weapon as which of the following?
11. What does Howard attack head on?
12. Collectivism is described by Rand as what kind of monster?
13. Howard's foe think that a broken man does which of the following?
14. Howard realizes he exists for whom or what?
(a) His family.
(b) His government.
(d) His society.
15. What does Peter Keating seek?
Short Answer Questions
1. Rand states that collectivism has already taken over which region?
2. Howard's foe thinks that he can beat men down with which emotion?
3. When was Anthem published?
4. Collectivists in The Fountainhead don't understand what quality?
5. What is the name of the project Howard blows up?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)