|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Howard views the poor as having what relationship to his work?
(a) They deserve to build their own homes.
(b) They deserve to have his work.
(c) They have no claim to his work.
(d) They have no right to buy his work.
2. The story in Anthem covers the rediscovery of what word?
3. In The Fountainhead, the root of everything despicable is the absence of what quality?
4. What struggle is indicated in The Fountainhead?
(a) Savagery vs individualism.
(b) Socialism vs capitalism.
(c) Individualism vs collectivism.
(d) Indivdiualism vs capitalism.
5. Howard's enemy describes man's weapon as which of the following?
6. Where was Anthem published?
7. What is the name of Howard's foe?
8. What is Howard's occupation?
9. Rand states that collectivism has already taken over which region?
10. What does the man in Anthem want to achieve?
11. In The Fountainhead, the act of collecting which emotion is deemed private?
12. What is true of grammar in the society described in Anthem?
(a) Only plural pronouns remain.
(b) Only plural nouns remain.
(c) Only singular pronouns remain.
(d) Only singular nouns remain.
13. Howard's foe thinks that he can beat men down with which emotion?
14. When was The Fountainhead published?
15. What is the name of the project Howard blows up?
Short Answer Questions
1. Howard's foe think that a broken man does which of the following?
2. What consequence of collectivism does Rand describe?
3. Howard says that men should strive to do which of the following?
4. What does Anthem concern?
5. Howard says that what type of person is always persecuted?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)