|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man in Anthem want to achieve?
2. Howard views the poor as having what relationship to his work?
(a) They have no right to buy his work.
(b) They deserve to have his work.
(c) They deserve to build their own homes.
(d) They have no claim to his work.
3. What is true of grammar in the society described in Anthem?
(a) Only plural pronouns remain.
(b) Only singular nouns remain.
(c) Only singular pronouns remain.
(d) Only plural nouns remain.
4. Howard sees Peter as which of the following?
5. Rand states that collectivism has already taken over which region?
6. When was The Fountainhead published?
7. What struggle is indicated in The Fountainhead?
(a) Indivdiualism vs capitalism.
(b) Socialism vs capitalism.
(c) Individualism vs collectivism.
(d) Savagery vs individualism.
8. Where was Anthem published?
9. Howard's foe thinks that he can beat men down with which emotion?
10. Howard says that what type of person is always persecuted?
11. What consequence of collectivism does Rand describe?
12. In The Fountainhead, the act of collecting which emotion is deemed private?
13. What is the name of the project Howard blows up?
14. Howard blows up his project as an act of which of the following?
15. What does Howard attack head on?
Short Answer Questions
1. Howard says that creators need to possess which quality?
2. What does Peter Keating seek?
3. Rand says that America is built on which ideal?
4. Howard realizes he exists for whom or what?
5. The story in Anthem covers the rediscovery of what word?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)