|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was The Fountainhead published?
2. Howard's foe thinks that he can beat men down with which emotion?
3. Howard sees Peter as which of the following?
4. What does Howard attack head on?
5. What consequence of collectivism does Rand describe?
6. What struggle is indicated in The Fountainhead?
(a) Savagery vs individualism.
(b) Socialism vs capitalism.
(c) Indivdiualism vs capitalism.
(d) Individualism vs collectivism.
7. In Anthem, Rand imagines a future where what concept is accepted?
8. Where was Anthem published?
9. Howard's enemy describes man's weapon as which of the following?
10. What is the name of the project Howard blows up?
11. What does the man in Anthem want to achieve?
12. In The Fountainhead, the act of collecting which emotion is deemed private?
13. What does Anthem concern?
(a) Lost love.
(b) The human ego.
(c) The state's control over men.
(d) The struggle of the individual versus communism.
14. When was Anthem published?
15. Rand states that collectivism has already taken over which region?
Short Answer Questions
1. In The Fountainhead, Howard thinks that happiness equals what?
2. Howard realizes he exists for whom or what?
3. What does Peter Keating seek?
4. Howard blows up his project as an act of which of the following?
5. What does the man in Anthem realize he owes?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)