|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Howard's enemy describes man's weapon as which of the following?
2. In The Fountainhead, Howard thinks that happiness equals what?
3. In The Fountainhead, the root of everything despicable is the absence of what quality?
4. Howard realizes he exists for whom or what?
(a) His society.
(b) His government.
(c) His family.
5. What does the man in Anthem want to achieve?
6. Collectivists in The Fountainhead don't understand what quality?
7. What is true of grammar in the society described in Anthem?
(a) Only plural nouns remain.
(b) Only singular pronouns remain.
(c) Only singular nouns remain.
(d) Only plural pronouns remain.
8. What is Howard's occupation?
9. Howard views the poor as having what relationship to his work?
(a) They deserve to build their own homes.
(b) They have no right to buy his work.
(c) They deserve to have his work.
(d) They have no claim to his work.
10. What is the name of Howard's foe?
11. Howard sees Peter as which of the following?
12. Howard says that men should strive to do which of the following?
13. The story in Anthem covers the rediscovery of what word?
14. What struggle is indicated in The Fountainhead?
(a) Savagery vs individualism.
(b) Individualism vs collectivism.
(c) Indivdiualism vs capitalism.
(d) Socialism vs capitalism.
15. Rand says that America is built on which ideal?
Short Answer Questions
1. Collectivism is described by Rand as what kind of monster?
2. What does Anthem concern?
3. When was The Fountainhead published?
4. Rand states that collectivism has already taken over which region?
5. In The Fountainhead, the act of collecting which emotion is deemed private?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)