|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man in Anthem realize he owes?
(a) His money.
(c) His dedication.
(d) His life.
2. Rand says that America is built on which ideal?
3. Howard says that what type of person is always persecuted?
4. The story in Anthem covers the rediscovery of what word?
5. Howard's enemy describes man's weapon as which of the following?
6. Howard's foe think that a broken man does which of the following?
7. Collectivism is described by Rand as what kind of monster?
8. What struggle is indicated in The Fountainhead?
(a) Savagery vs individualism.
(b) Socialism vs capitalism.
(c) Individualism vs collectivism.
(d) Indivdiualism vs capitalism.
9. In The Fountainhead, the root of everything despicable is the absence of what quality?
10. Howard realizes he exists for whom or what?
(a) His family.
(b) His government.
(d) His society.
11. In Anthem, Rand imagines a future where what concept is accepted?
12. Where was Anthem published?
13. When was The Fountainhead published?
14. Howard blows up his project as an act of which of the following?
15. What is the name of the project Howard blows up?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Howard's foe?
2. When was Anthem published?
3. What consequence of collectivism does Rand describe?
4. What does Anthem concern?
5. Howard says that men should strive to do which of the following?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)