|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Anthem published?
2. What is true of grammar in the society described in Anthem?
(a) Only singular pronouns remain.
(b) Only singular nouns remain.
(c) Only plural pronouns remain.
(d) Only plural nouns remain.
3. What is the name of the project Howard blows up?
4. Howard's foe thinks that he can beat men down with which emotion?
5. Rand says that America is built on which ideal?
6. What is the name of Howard's foe?
7. Howard realizes he exists for whom or what?
(b) His family.
(c) His government.
(d) His society.
8. Howard views the poor as having what relationship to his work?
(a) They have no right to buy his work.
(b) They deserve to have his work.
(c) They deserve to build their own homes.
(d) They have no claim to his work.
9. What is Howard's occupation?
10. In The Fountainhead, the act of collecting which emotion is deemed private?
11. When was The Fountainhead published?
12. What consequence of collectivism does Rand describe?
13. Howard's enemy describes man's weapon as which of the following?
14. Howard's foe think that a broken man does which of the following?
15. Rand states that collectivism has already taken over which region?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man in Anthem want to achieve?
2. In Anthem, Rand imagines a future where what concept is accepted?
3. What struggle is indicated in The Fountainhead?
4. What does Peter Keating seek?
5. Collectivists in The Fountainhead don't understand what quality?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)