|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rand states that collectivism has already taken over which region?
2. What is Howard's occupation?
3. Howard says that what type of person is always persecuted?
4. Howard says that creators need to possess which quality?
5. The story in Anthem covers the rediscovery of what word?
6. Howard's enemy describes man's weapon as which of the following?
7. When was Anthem published?
8. In Anthem, Rand imagines a future where what concept is accepted?
9. Howard views the poor as having what relationship to his work?
(a) They deserve to have his work.
(b) They deserve to build their own homes.
(c) They have no claim to his work.
(d) They have no right to buy his work.
10. Rand says that America is built on which ideal?
11. What does Anthem concern?
(a) The human ego.
(b) Lost love.
(c) The struggle of the individual versus communism.
(d) The state's control over men.
12. Howard sees Peter as which of the following?
13. What does Howard attack head on?
14. Collectivism is described by Rand as what kind of monster?
15. In The Fountainhead, the act of collecting which emotion is deemed private?
Short Answer Questions
1. What struggle is indicated in The Fountainhead?
2. When was The Fountainhead published?
3. Howard realizes he exists for whom or what?
4. In The Fountainhead, Howard thinks that happiness equals what?
5. What does the man in Anthem want to achieve?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)