|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Howard realizes he exists for whom or what?
(a) His family.
(b) His society.
(c) His government.
2. Rand states that collectivism has already taken over which region?
3. What struggle is indicated in The Fountainhead?
(a) Indivdiualism vs capitalism.
(b) Socialism vs capitalism.
(c) Individualism vs collectivism.
(d) Savagery vs individualism.
4. What does the man in Anthem realize he owes?
(a) His dedication.
(c) His money.
(d) His life.
5. What is the name of Howard's foe?
6. The story in Anthem covers the rediscovery of what word?
7. When was Anthem published?
8. What is true of grammar in the society described in Anthem?
(a) Only plural nouns remain.
(b) Only singular nouns remain.
(c) Only plural pronouns remain.
(d) Only singular pronouns remain.
9. Howard says that what type of person is always persecuted?
10. Howard blows up his project as an act of which of the following?
11. Howard sees Peter as which of the following?
12. What is the name of the project Howard blows up?
13. In The Fountainhead, Howard thinks that happiness equals what?
14. Howard says that creators need to possess which quality?
15. In The Fountainhead, the root of everything despicable is the absence of what quality?
Short Answer Questions
1. What consequence of collectivism does Rand describe?
2. Collectivism is described by Rand as what kind of monster?
3. What is Howard's occupation?
4. Howard says that men should strive to do which of the following?
5. What does Anthem concern?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)