|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is true of grammar in the society described in Anthem?
(a) Only singular pronouns remain.
(b) Only plural nouns remain.
(c) Only plural pronouns remain.
(d) Only singular nouns remain.
2. What does Howard attack head on?
3. Rand says that America is built on which ideal?
4. In The Fountainhead, Howard thinks that happiness equals what?
5. Howard says that what type of person is always persecuted?
6. What does Anthem concern?
(a) The struggle of the individual versus communism.
(b) The state's control over men.
(c) The human ego.
(d) Lost love.
7. When was Anthem published?
8. Howard says that men should strive to do which of the following?
9. Collectivism is described by Rand as what kind of monster?
10. When was The Fountainhead published?
11. What does the man in Anthem want to achieve?
12. In The Fountainhead, the root of everything despicable is the absence of what quality?
13. The story in Anthem covers the rediscovery of what word?
14. Howard sees Peter as which of the following?
15. What is the name of Howard's foe?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter Keating seek?
2. What consequence of collectivism does Rand describe?
3. Howard's foe think that a broken man does which of the following?
4. What does the man in Anthem realize he owes?
5. What struggle is indicated in The Fountainhead?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)