|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Howard's foe?
2. What does Peter Keating seek?
3. The story in Anthem covers the rediscovery of what word?
4. Rand says that America is built on which ideal?
5. In The Fountainhead, the act of collecting which emotion is deemed private?
6. Howard views the poor as having what relationship to his work?
(a) They deserve to have his work.
(b) They have no right to buy his work.
(c) They deserve to build their own homes.
(d) They have no claim to his work.
7. In Anthem, Rand imagines a future where what concept is accepted?
8. Howard sees Peter as which of the following?
9. Where was Anthem published?
10. What does Howard attack head on?
11. What does the man in Anthem realize he owes?
(a) His money.
(c) His dedication.
(d) His life.
12. When was The Fountainhead published?
13. In The Fountainhead, Howard thinks that happiness equals what?
14. Collectivism is described by Rand as what kind of monster?
15. Collectivists in The Fountainhead don't understand what quality?
Short Answer Questions
1. Howard's foe thinks that he can beat men down with which emotion?
2. When was Anthem published?
3. Howard says that what type of person is always persecuted?
4. Rand states that collectivism has already taken over which region?
5. What does the man in Anthem want to achieve?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)