|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was The Fountainhead published?
2. Howard says that what type of person is always persecuted?
3. What consequence of collectivism does Rand describe?
4. In The Fountainhead, the root of everything despicable is the absence of what quality?
5. Howard's foe think that a broken man does which of the following?
6. Howard says that men should strive to do which of the following?
7. In Anthem, Rand imagines a future where what concept is accepted?
8. What does the man in Anthem realize he owes?
(a) His money.
(b) His dedication.
(d) His life.
9. Howard's foe thinks that he can beat men down with which emotion?
10. What does Peter Keating seek?
11. The story in Anthem covers the rediscovery of what word?
12. What is true of grammar in the society described in Anthem?
(a) Only plural pronouns remain.
(b) Only singular nouns remain.
(c) Only plural nouns remain.
(d) Only singular pronouns remain.
13. Collectivists in The Fountainhead don't understand what quality?
14. Collectivism is described by Rand as what kind of monster?
15. What is the name of Howard's foe?
Short Answer Questions
1. Rand says that America is built on which ideal?
2. What struggle is indicated in The Fountainhead?
3. In The Fountainhead, Howard thinks that happiness equals what?
4. Howard sees Peter as which of the following?
5. Howard blows up his project as an act of which of the following?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)