|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In The Fountainhead, the root of everything despicable is the absence of what quality?
2. Howard's enemy describes man's weapon as which of the following?
3. In Anthem, Rand imagines a future where what concept is accepted?
4. Where was Anthem published?
5. Collectivists in The Fountainhead don't understand what quality?
6. Howard views the poor as having what relationship to his work?
(a) They deserve to build their own homes.
(b) They deserve to have his work.
(c) They have no claim to his work.
(d) They have no right to buy his work.
7. Howard blows up his project as an act of which of the following?
8. What does the man in Anthem realize he owes?
(a) His life.
(b) His dedication.
(d) His money.
9. What does Howard attack head on?
10. Howard sees Peter as which of the following?
11. What struggle is indicated in The Fountainhead?
(a) Savagery vs individualism.
(b) Individualism vs collectivism.
(c) Socialism vs capitalism.
(d) Indivdiualism vs capitalism.
12. Rand states that collectivism has already taken over which region?
13. Collectivism is described by Rand as what kind of monster?
14. In The Fountainhead, the act of collecting which emotion is deemed private?
15. What is the name of Howard's foe?
Short Answer Questions
1. Howard says that men should strive to do which of the following?
2. In The Fountainhead, Howard thinks that happiness equals what?
3. What is the name of the project Howard blows up?
4. What does Peter Keating seek?
5. Rand says that America is built on which ideal?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)