|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Anthem published?
2. What is true of grammar in the society described in Anthem?
(a) Only plural nouns remain.
(b) Only plural pronouns remain.
(c) Only singular nouns remain.
(d) Only singular pronouns remain.
3. What consequence of collectivism does Rand describe?
4. Howard says that what type of person is always persecuted?
5. Howard realizes he exists for whom or what?
(a) His family.
(b) His government.
(d) His society.
6. What is the name of Howard's foe?
7. Howard says that men should strive to do which of the following?
8. Howard's foe thinks that he can beat men down with which emotion?
9. What does the man in Anthem realize he owes?
(b) His life.
(c) His dedication.
(d) His money.
10. What is Howard's occupation?
11. Howard sees Peter as which of the following?
12. Where was Anthem published?
13. What does Howard attack head on?
14. Collectivism is described by Rand as what kind of monster?
15. Collectivists in The Fountainhead don't understand what quality?
Short Answer Questions
1. Rand states that collectivism has already taken over which region?
2. Howard's enemy describes man's weapon as which of the following?
3. Howard blows up his project as an act of which of the following?
4. What struggle is indicated in The Fountainhead?
5. In The Fountainhead, the act of collecting which emotion is deemed private?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)