|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Howard says that what type of person is always persecuted?
2. What does Howard attack head on?
3. Howard's foe think that a broken man does which of the following?
4. Collectivism is described by Rand as what kind of monster?
5. Howard says that men should strive to do which of the following?
6. When was The Fountainhead published?
7. Howard views the poor as having what relationship to his work?
(a) They have no claim to his work.
(b) They have no right to buy his work.
(c) They deserve to build their own homes.
(d) They deserve to have his work.
8. What does Anthem concern?
(a) The struggle of the individual versus communism.
(b) The human ego.
(c) Lost love.
(d) The state's control over men.
9. What does the man in Anthem realize he owes?
(a) His money.
(b) His dedication.
(d) His life.
10. Collectivists in The Fountainhead don't understand what quality?
11. What consequence of collectivism does Rand describe?
12. Rand says that America is built on which ideal?
13. What is the name of the project Howard blows up?
14. When was Anthem published?
15. In Anthem, Rand imagines a future where what concept is accepted?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Howard's foe?
2. In The Fountainhead, Howard thinks that happiness equals what?
3. In The Fountainhead, the act of collecting which emotion is deemed private?
4. Howard's foe thinks that he can beat men down with which emotion?
5. What does Peter Keating seek?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)