|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is true of grammar in the society described in Anthem?
(a) Only singular pronouns remain.
(b) Only singular nouns remain.
(c) Only plural pronouns remain.
(d) Only plural nouns remain.
2. In The Fountainhead, the root of everything despicable is the absence of what quality?
3. What does the man in Anthem realize he owes?
(a) His money.
(c) His dedication.
(d) His life.
4. What is the name of Howard's foe?
5. Howard sees Peter as which of the following?
6. Rand says that America is built on which ideal?
7. The story in Anthem covers the rediscovery of what word?
8. Howard's foe thinks that he can beat men down with which emotion?
9. What does the man in Anthem want to achieve?
10. In The Fountainhead, the act of collecting which emotion is deemed private?
11. When was Anthem published?
12. Rand states that collectivism has already taken over which region?
13. Howard realizes he exists for whom or what?
(a) His government.
(b) His society.
(c) His family.
14. What is Howard's occupation?
15. In The Fountainhead, Howard thinks that happiness equals what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Howard's foe think that a broken man does which of the following?
2. Howard blows up his project as an act of which of the following?
3. Collectivism is described by Rand as what kind of monster?
4. What struggle is indicated in The Fountainhead?
5. When was The Fountainhead published?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)