|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Collectivism is described by Rand as what kind of monster?
2. In The Fountainhead, the act of collecting which emotion is deemed private?
3. In Anthem, Rand imagines a future where what concept is accepted?
4. What does Anthem concern?
(a) The state's control over men.
(b) Lost love.
(c) The struggle of the individual versus communism.
(d) The human ego.
5. Howard says that men should strive to do which of the following?
6. Collectivists in The Fountainhead don't understand what quality?
7. Howard says that what type of person is always persecuted?
8. What does the man in Anthem want to achieve?
9. Howard's enemy describes man's weapon as which of the following?
10. Rand says that America is built on which ideal?
11. What is the name of Howard's foe?
12. The story in Anthem covers the rediscovery of what word?
13. What is Howard's occupation?
14. What struggle is indicated in The Fountainhead?
(a) Socialism vs capitalism.
(b) Savagery vs individualism.
(c) Individualism vs collectivism.
(d) Indivdiualism vs capitalism.
15. When was The Fountainhead published?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Howard attack head on?
2. Howard says that creators need to possess which quality?
3. What does Peter Keating seek?
4. In The Fountainhead, the root of everything despicable is the absence of what quality?
5. What is the name of the project Howard blows up?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)