|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anthem concern?
(a) Lost love.
(b) The human ego.
(c) The state's control over men.
(d) The struggle of the individual versus communism.
2. In The Fountainhead, the act of collecting which emotion is deemed private?
3. The story in Anthem covers the rediscovery of what word?
4. Collectivists in The Fountainhead don't understand what quality?
5. Howard blows up his project as an act of which of the following?
6. What is the name of Howard's foe?
7. What is the name of the project Howard blows up?
8. What does the man in Anthem realize he owes?
(a) His life.
(b) His money.
(d) His dedication.
9. Rand states that collectivism has already taken over which region?
10. What does Howard attack head on?
11. Howard realizes he exists for whom or what?
(b) His family.
(c) His society.
(d) His government.
12. When was The Fountainhead published?
13. What does Peter Keating seek?
14. Howard sees Peter as which of the following?
15. Howard says that creators need to possess which quality?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is true of grammar in the society described in Anthem?
2. In Anthem, Rand imagines a future where what concept is accepted?
3. In The Fountainhead, the root of everything despicable is the absence of what quality?
4. Howard's foe thinks that he can beat men down with which emotion?
5. Rand says that America is built on which ideal?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)