|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What struggle is indicated in The Fountainhead?
(a) Indivdiualism vs capitalism.
(b) Socialism vs capitalism.
(c) Individualism vs collectivism.
(d) Savagery vs individualism.
2. Howard says that creators need to possess which quality?
3. In The Fountainhead, the act of collecting which emotion is deemed private?
4. Collectivism is described by Rand as what kind of monster?
5. In The Fountainhead, Howard thinks that happiness equals what?
6. What does Peter Keating seek?
7. What does the man in Anthem realize he owes?
(a) His money.
(b) His life.
(c) His dedication.
8. When was Anthem published?
9. Rand says that America is built on which ideal?
10. Collectivists in The Fountainhead don't understand what quality?
11. In Anthem, Rand imagines a future where what concept is accepted?
12. What does Howard attack head on?
13. What is the name of Howard's foe?
14. What does Anthem concern?
(a) The state's control over men.
(b) Lost love.
(c) The struggle of the individual versus communism.
(d) The human ego.
15. Where was Anthem published?
Short Answer Questions
1. Howard blows up his project as an act of which of the following?
2. What is true of grammar in the society described in Anthem?
3. Howard's foe thinks that he can beat men down with which emotion?
4. What consequence of collectivism does Rand describe?
5. What does the man in Anthem want to achieve?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)