|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Anthem published?
2. In The Fountainhead, the act of collecting which emotion is deemed private?
3. What struggle is indicated in The Fountainhead?
(a) Individualism vs collectivism.
(b) Indivdiualism vs capitalism.
(c) Socialism vs capitalism.
(d) Savagery vs individualism.
4. What does Howard attack head on?
5. What does Anthem concern?
(a) The human ego.
(b) Lost love.
(c) The state's control over men.
(d) The struggle of the individual versus communism.
6. Rand says that America is built on which ideal?
7. In The Fountainhead, the root of everything despicable is the absence of what quality?
8. When was Anthem published?
9. What is Howard's occupation?
10. What is the name of Howard's foe?
11. Howard says that men should strive to do which of the following?
12. Howard's foe think that a broken man does which of the following?
13. What is true of grammar in the society described in Anthem?
(a) Only plural nouns remain.
(b) Only singular pronouns remain.
(c) Only plural pronouns remain.
(d) Only singular nouns remain.
14. What consequence of collectivism does Rand describe?
15. Howard blows up his project as an act of which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. The story in Anthem covers the rediscovery of what word?
2. Howard says that what type of person is always persecuted?
3. What does the man in Anthem realize he owes?
4. Howard sees Peter as which of the following?
5. Rand states that collectivism has already taken over which region?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)