|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Anthem published?
2. What is the name of Howard's foe?
3. In The Fountainhead, the act of collecting which emotion is deemed private?
4. Where was Anthem published?
5. Rand says that America is built on which ideal?
6. What does Howard attack head on?
7. In Anthem, Rand imagines a future where what concept is accepted?
8. What is true of grammar in the society described in Anthem?
(a) Only plural nouns remain.
(b) Only plural pronouns remain.
(c) Only singular nouns remain.
(d) Only singular pronouns remain.
9. What does Anthem concern?
(a) The human ego.
(b) The struggle of the individual versus communism.
(c) The state's control over men.
(d) Lost love.
10. Howard says that men should strive to do which of the following?
11. What is the name of the project Howard blows up?
12. Howard sees Peter as which of the following?
13. Rand states that collectivism has already taken over which region?
14. What does the man in Anthem realize he owes?
(a) His money.
(c) His life.
(d) His dedication.
15. Howard says that creators need to possess which quality?
Short Answer Questions
1. In The Fountainhead, Howard thinks that happiness equals what?
2. What is Howard's occupation?
3. Howard realizes he exists for whom or what?
4. Howard's foe think that a broken man does which of the following?
5. Howard's enemy describes man's weapon as which of the following?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)