|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What struggle is indicated in The Fountainhead?
(a) Socialism vs capitalism.
(b) Savagery vs individualism.
(c) Individualism vs collectivism.
(d) Indivdiualism vs capitalism.
2. In The Fountainhead, Howard thinks that happiness equals what?
3. What does Howard attack head on?
4. Where was Anthem published?
5. Howard's enemy describes man's weapon as which of the following?
6. What does Anthem concern?
(a) Lost love.
(b) The human ego.
(c) The state's control over men.
(d) The struggle of the individual versus communism.
7. Collectivism is described by Rand as what kind of monster?
8. Howard views the poor as having what relationship to his work?
(a) They deserve to have his work.
(b) They have no right to buy his work.
(c) They deserve to build their own homes.
(d) They have no claim to his work.
9. In The Fountainhead, the act of collecting which emotion is deemed private?
10. The story in Anthem covers the rediscovery of what word?
11. What is the name of Howard's foe?
12. In Anthem, Rand imagines a future where what concept is accepted?
13. In The Fountainhead, the root of everything despicable is the absence of what quality?
14. Rand says that America is built on which ideal?
15. Howard says that men should strive to do which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. Howard's foe thinks that he can beat men down with which emotion?
2. What is the name of the project Howard blows up?
3. Howard realizes he exists for whom or what?
4. Rand states that collectivism has already taken over which region?
5. What does the man in Anthem realize he owes?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)