|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Howard realizes he exists for whom or what?
(a) His society.
(c) His government.
(d) His family.
2. What struggle is indicated in The Fountainhead?
(a) Indivdiualism vs capitalism.
(b) Socialism vs capitalism.
(c) Savagery vs individualism.
(d) Individualism vs collectivism.
3. In The Fountainhead, Howard thinks that happiness equals what?
4. Howard's enemy describes man's weapon as which of the following?
5. Howard says that creators need to possess which quality?
6. What consequence of collectivism does Rand describe?
7. Collectivists in The Fountainhead don't understand what quality?
8. Howard says that men should strive to do which of the following?
9. What does Anthem concern?
(a) Lost love.
(b) The human ego.
(c) The state's control over men.
(d) The struggle of the individual versus communism.
10. Rand says that America is built on which ideal?
11. When was Anthem published?
12. Howard's foe think that a broken man does which of the following?
13. In The Fountainhead, the root of everything despicable is the absence of what quality?
14. What does Howard attack head on?
15. What is true of grammar in the society described in Anthem?
(a) Only plural pronouns remain.
(b) Only singular pronouns remain.
(c) Only singular nouns remain.
(d) Only plural nouns remain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Howard's occupation?
2. What does the man in Anthem want to achieve?
3. What does the man in Anthem realize he owes?
4. Howard blows up his project as an act of which of the following?
5. Rand states that collectivism has already taken over which region?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)