|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The story in Anthem covers the rediscovery of what word?
2. Howard says that men should strive to do which of the following?
3. Howard's enemy describes man's weapon as which of the following?
4. What is the name of Howard's foe?
5. What does Howard attack head on?
6. Where was Anthem published?
7. Howard says that what type of person is always persecuted?
8. In Anthem, Rand imagines a future where what concept is accepted?
9. Collectivism is described by Rand as what kind of monster?
10. In The Fountainhead, Howard thinks that happiness equals what?
11. Howard realizes he exists for whom or what?
(b) His family.
(c) His government.
(d) His society.
12. Rand states that collectivism has already taken over which region?
13. Collectivists in The Fountainhead don't understand what quality?
14. Howard's foe think that a broken man does which of the following?
15. What is Howard's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Rand says that America is built on which ideal?
2. In The Fountainhead, the act of collecting which emotion is deemed private?
3. What struggle is indicated in The Fountainhead?
4. What is true of grammar in the society described in Anthem?
5. Howard views the poor as having what relationship to his work?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)