|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rand states that collectivism has already taken over which region?
2. Howard says that men should strive to do which of the following?
3. What does Anthem concern?
(a) Lost love.
(b) The human ego.
(c) The struggle of the individual versus communism.
(d) The state's control over men.
4. Howard's foe think that a broken man does which of the following?
5. Howard says that what type of person is always persecuted?
6. Collectivism is described by Rand as what kind of monster?
7. Rand says that America is built on which ideal?
8. The story in Anthem covers the rediscovery of what word?
9. What is true of grammar in the society described in Anthem?
(a) Only plural nouns remain.
(b) Only plural pronouns remain.
(c) Only singular pronouns remain.
(d) Only singular nouns remain.
10. What does Howard attack head on?
11. What is Howard's occupation?
12. What does the man in Anthem want to achieve?
13. In The Fountainhead, the act of collecting which emotion is deemed private?
14. Howard sees Peter as which of the following?
15. In The Fountainhead, Howard thinks that happiness equals what?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was The Fountainhead published?
2. Howard blows up his project as an act of which of the following?
3. Howard's foe thinks that he can beat men down with which emotion?
4. Howard realizes he exists for whom or what?
5. What is the name of the project Howard blows up?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)