|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rand describe as altruism's most perfect advocate?
2. What kind of revolution is needed, according to Rand?
3. What adjective does Rand use to describe the USA's founding fathers?
4. What does Rand describe socialism as a revolt against?
5. Rand says that no man has the right to do which of the following?
(a) Create force.
(b) Provoke force.
(c) Consider using force when provoked.
(d) Initiate force against others.
6. The injunction not to judge shows the climax of which of the following, according to Rand?
7. What conflict is apparent in We The Living?
(a) Indiivual vs. Capitalism.
(b) Capitalism vs. Socialism.
(c) Collectivism vs. Government.
(d) Individual vs. State.
8. In which period did capitalism arise?
(a) 20th century.
(b) 19th century.
(c) 18th century.
(d) 17th century.
9. The chief intellectual, according to Rand, is which type of person?
10. Rand says that new intellectuals must acquire which of the following?
11. What kind of relationship does Rand describe the archetypes Attila and Witch Doctor as having?
(a) They are not affiliated.
(b) They are linked romantically.
(c) They are enemies.
(d) They are allies.
12. What was Andrei passionate about?
13. What does Rand state that capitalism is incompatible with?
14. New intellectuals, says Rand, should not give into which of the following?
15. Who is the man that Kira wants to save?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jeremy Bentham champion?
2. Who does Rand describe as a soldier of liberty?
3. Which adjective does Rand use to describe America's culture?
4. What does Rand describe as being man's only tool of knowledge?
5. Freedom and philosophy first arose in which setting, according to Rand?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)