|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rand describe socialism as a revolt against?
2. What does Rand describe as being man's only tool of knowledge?
(c) Physical strength.
(d) The mind.
3. Who does Kira have a love affair with, even though she does not like him?
4. What does Attila need protection from?
5. Rand suggests that a culture should be judged by which of the following?
(a) Its number of high-profile careers.
(b) Its dominant philosophy.
(c) Its most intelligent people.
(d) Its least intelligent people.
6. What did Kant allegedly close philosophy to?
7. What does Rand believe capitalism wiped out?
(a) Hard work.
8. What does Jeremy Bentham champion?
9. Why does Kira have a love affair with somebody she does not like?
(a) To become free.
(b) To increase freedom for society.
(c) To get money.
(d) To convince the man to appreciate capitalism.
10. What country does Rand believe is deluding itself?
(b) United States of America.
11. What conflict is apparent in We The Living?
(a) Capitalism vs. Socialism.
(b) Collectivism vs. Government.
(c) Indiivual vs. Capitalism.
(d) Individual vs. State.
12. What is the Witch Doctor's weapon?
13. Rand states that collectivism is dead in which country?
14. In which period did capitalism arise?
(a) 18th century.
(b) 19th century.
(c) 17th century.
(d) 20th century.
15. What was Andrei passionate about?
Short Answer Questions
1. Rand states that to oppose views, one need which of the following?
2. What kind of revolution is needed, according to Rand?
3. In a dying society, how many choices does Rand say individuals have?
4. Rand says that no man has the right to do which of the following?
5. The injunction not to judge shows the climax of which of the following, according to Rand?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)