|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Andrei passionate about?
2. What does Rand state that capitalism is incompatible with?
3. What kind of relationship does Rand describe the archetypes Attila and Witch Doctor as having?
(a) They are allies.
(b) They are enemies.
(c) They are linked romantically.
(d) They are not affiliated.
4. Rand suggests that a culture should be judged by which of the following?
(a) Its most intelligent people.
(b) Its number of high-profile careers.
(c) Its dominant philosophy.
(d) Its least intelligent people.
5. Rand suggests that a nation's bodyguards are which type of people?
(a) Those who are physically strongest.
(b) The military.
(c) Government officials.
6. Who delivers a speech in We The Living?
7. What did Kant allegedly close philosophy to?
8. The chief intellectual, according to Rand, is which type of person?
9. What does Rand believe capitalism wiped out?
(d) Hard work.
10. Rand describes perception as which of the following?
11. Freedom and philosophy first arose in which setting, according to Rand?
(a) Ancient Rome.
(b) Soviet Russia.
(c) Renaissance Europe.
(d) Ancient Greece.
12. What adjective does Rand use to describe the USA's founding fathers?
13. Who does Rand describe as a soldier of liberty?
(a) Average citizen.
14. Rand states that to oppose views, one need which of the following?
15. In a dying society, how many choices does Rand say individuals have?
(d) Too many to count.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Witch Doctor's weapon?
2. What does Rand describe socialism as a revolt against?
3. Who does Rand describe as altruism's most perfect advocate?
4. What does Attila need protection from?
5. Who does Kira have a love affair with, even though she does not like him?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)