|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rand describes perception as which of the following?
2. Who is the man that Kira wants to save?
3. What does Rand describe socialism as a revolt against?
4. Why does Kira have a love affair with somebody she does not like?
(a) To convince the man to appreciate capitalism.
(b) To become free.
(c) To get money.
(d) To increase freedom for society.
5. How does Kira feel about using Andrei?
(a) She feels no remorse.
(b) She is remorseful.
(c) She feels bad at first but then forgets.
(d) She denies feeling remorse, but actually does.
6. What kind of revolution is needed, according to Rand?
7. What country does Rand believe is deluding itself?
(d) United States of America.
8. What was Andrei passionate about?
9. In which period did capitalism arise?
(a) 18th century.
(b) 19th century.
(c) 20th century.
(d) 17th century.
10. Rand states that collectivism is dead in which country?
11. What is the Witch Doctor's weapon?
12. New intellectuals, says Rand, should not give into which of the following?
13. What does Rand believe capitalism wiped out?
(b) Hard work.
14. What is the setting for We The Living?
(a) Soviet Russia.
(b) United States.
(c) Post-war France.
15. In a dying society, how many choices does Rand say individuals have?
(a) Too many to count.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rand says that new intellectuals must acquire which of the following?
2. What did Kant allegedly close philosophy to?
3. Rand suggests that a culture should be judged by which of the following?
4. Rand states that to oppose views, one need which of the following?
5. What kind of crime was Leo arrested for?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)