|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kira have a love affair with somebody she does not like?
(a) To increase freedom for society.
(b) To convince the man to appreciate capitalism.
(c) To become free.
(d) To get money.
2. What is the setting for We The Living?
(a) Soviet Russia.
(c) Post-war France.
(d) United States.
3. What does Rand believe capitalism wiped out?
(d) Hard work.
4. What kind of crime was Leo arrested for?
(a) Political crime.
(c) Sexual crime.
5. New intellectuals, says Rand, should not give into which of the following?
6. Freedom and philosophy first arose in which setting, according to Rand?
(a) Soviet Russia.
(b) Renaissance Europe.
(c) Ancient Rome.
(d) Ancient Greece.
7. What conflict is apparent in We The Living?
(a) Collectivism vs. Government.
(b) Individual vs. State.
(c) Indiivual vs. Capitalism.
(d) Capitalism vs. Socialism.
8. Rand states that the only tools of cognition are not which of the following?
(a) Logical thoughts.
(b) Negative feelings.
9. Rand describes perception as which of the following?
10. Rand says that new intellectuals must acquire which of the following?
11. The chief intellectual, according to Rand, is which type of person?
12. Andrei viewed citizens in what way?
(a) As angry mobs.
(b) As worker ants.
(c) As piles of flesh.
(d) As leeches.
13. Rand says that no man has the right to do which of the following?
(a) Consider using force when provoked.
(b) Provoke force.
(c) Initiate force against others.
(d) Create force.
14. What does Jeremy Bentham champion?
15. Who delivers a speech in We The Living?
Short Answer Questions
1. The goal of this book is to do which of the following, according to Rand?
2. Kira asks Andrei what it feels like to be treated like which of the following?
3. What kind of revolution is needed, according to Rand?
4. What is the Witch Doctor's weapon?
5. Rand states that collectivism is dead in which country?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)