|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The chief intellectual, according to Rand, is which type of person?
2. The injunction not to judge shows the climax of which of the following, according to Rand?
3. Why does Kira have a love affair with somebody she does not like?
(a) To increase freedom for society.
(b) To get money.
(c) To convince the man to appreciate capitalism.
(d) To become free.
4. What adjective does Rand use to describe the USA's founding fathers?
5. What does Rand describe socialism as a revolt against?
6. In a dying society, how many choices does Rand say individuals have?
(c) Too many to count.
7. What kind of crime was Leo arrested for?
(b) Sexual crime.
(d) Political crime.
8. Freedom and philosophy first arose in which setting, according to Rand?
(a) Soviet Russia.
(b) Renaissance Europe.
(c) Ancient Rome.
(d) Ancient Greece.
9. Rand suggests that a culture should be judged by which of the following?
(a) Its most intelligent people.
(b) Its dominant philosophy.
(c) Its number of high-profile careers.
(d) Its least intelligent people.
10. How does Kira feel about using Andrei?
(a) She denies feeling remorse, but actually does.
(b) She feels no remorse.
(c) She feels bad at first but then forgets.
(d) She is remorseful.
11. Who delivers a speech in We The Living?
12. Which adjective does Rand use to describe America's culture?
13. What does Rand state that capitalism is incompatible with?
14. Rand says that no man has the right to do which of the following?
(a) Consider using force when provoked.
(b) Initiate force against others.
(c) Provoke force.
(d) Create force.
15. What does Rand describe as being man's only tool of knowledge?
(b) The mind.
(c) Physical strength.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Witch Doctor's weapon?
2. New intellectuals, says Rand, should not give into which of the following?
3. Kira asks Andrei what it feels like to be treated like which of the following?
4. When was We The Living published?
5. Who does Rand describe as altruism's most perfect advocate?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)