|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rand describe as a soldier of liberty?
(a) Average citizen.
2. What country does Rand believe is deluding itself?
(c) United States of America.
3. The chief intellectual, according to Rand, is which type of person?
4. In which period did capitalism arise?
(a) 18th century.
(b) 20th century.
(c) 17th century.
(d) 19th century.
5. What does Rand believe capitalism wiped out?
(c) Hard work.
6. Rand states that to oppose views, one need which of the following?
7. Who does Kira have a love affair with, even though she does not like him?
8. Rand suggests that a nation's bodyguards are which type of people?
(b) Those who are physically strongest.
(c) The military.
(d) Government officials.
9. Rand says that new intellectuals must acquire which of the following?
10. Freedom and philosophy first arose in which setting, according to Rand?
(a) Renaissance Europe.
(b) Ancient Greece.
(c) Soviet Russia.
(d) Ancient Rome.
11. What does Attila need protection from?
12. The goal of this book is to do which of the following, according to Rand?
(a) Present new information.
(b) Remind readers of a past warning.
(c) Alarm Americans.
(d) Share a fictional story for pleasure.
13. What is the Witch Doctor's weapon?
14. Kira asks Andrei what it feels like to be treated like which of the following?
(a) A political system.
(b) A child.
(c) A monster.
(d) A tool.
15. What adjective does Rand use to describe the USA's founding fathers?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was We The Living published?
2. What kind of revolution is needed, according to Rand?
3. What did Kant allegedly close philosophy to?
4. What kind of relationship does Rand describe the archetypes Attila and Witch Doctor as having?
5. What is the setting for We The Living?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)