|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Andrei passionate about?
2. Rand states that the only tools of cognition are not which of the following?
(a) Logical thoughts.
(c) Negative feelings.
3. Andrei viewed citizens in what way?
(a) As leeches.
(b) As worker ants.
(c) As angry mobs.
(d) As piles of flesh.
4. Which adjective does Rand use to describe America's culture?
5. When was We The Living published?
6. What does Jeremy Bentham champion?
7. What did Kant allegedly close philosophy to?
8. The goal of this book is to do which of the following, according to Rand?
(a) Remind readers of a past warning.
(b) Present new information.
(c) Alarm Americans.
(d) Share a fictional story for pleasure.
9. What does Rand describe as being man's only tool of knowledge?
(b) Physical strength.
(d) The mind.
10. What adjective does Rand use to describe the USA's founding fathers?
11. Who is the man that Kira wants to save?
12. The injunction not to judge shows the climax of which of the following, according to Rand?
13. What conflict is apparent in We The Living?
(a) Capitalism vs. Socialism.
(b) Indiivual vs. Capitalism.
(c) Collectivism vs. Government.
(d) Individual vs. State.
14. Rand states that collectivism is dead in which country?
15. Kira asks Andrei what it feels like to be treated like which of the following?
(a) A political system.
(b) A tool.
(c) A monster.
(d) A child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rand suggests that a culture should be judged by which of the following?
2. What kind of crime was Leo arrested for?
3. In a dying society, how many choices does Rand say individuals have?
4. Freedom and philosophy first arose in which setting, according to Rand?
5. The chief intellectual, according to Rand, is which type of person?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)