|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The injunction not to judge shows the climax of which of the following, according to Rand?
2. Andrei viewed citizens in what way?
(a) As angry mobs.
(b) As leeches.
(c) As piles of flesh.
(d) As worker ants.
3. What country does Rand believe is deluding itself?
(b) United States of America.
4. What kind of revolution is needed, according to Rand?
5. Rand says that no man has the right to do which of the following?
(a) Create force.
(b) Initiate force against others.
(c) Provoke force.
(d) Consider using force when provoked.
6. New intellectuals, says Rand, should not give into which of the following?
7. What does Rand describe as being man's only tool of knowledge?
(a) The mind.
(d) Physical strength.
8. Rand suggests that a culture should be judged by which of the following?
(a) Its dominant philosophy.
(b) Its least intelligent people.
(c) Its number of high-profile careers.
(d) Its most intelligent people.
9. Who is the man that Kira wants to save?
10. Kira asks Andrei what it feels like to be treated like which of the following?
(a) A tool.
(b) A child.
(c) A monster.
(d) A political system.
11. When was We The Living published?
12. What does Rand believe capitalism wiped out?
(d) Hard work.
13. How does Kira feel about using Andrei?
(a) She feels bad at first but then forgets.
(b) She feels no remorse.
(c) She is remorseful.
(d) She denies feeling remorse, but actually does.
14. The goal of this book is to do which of the following, according to Rand?
(a) Share a fictional story for pleasure.
(b) Present new information.
(c) Remind readers of a past warning.
(d) Alarm Americans.
15. Rand states that to oppose views, one need which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kira have a love affair with somebody she does not like?
2. Who does Rand describe as altruism's most perfect advocate?
3. What kind of crime was Leo arrested for?
4. What does Attila need protection from?
5. Rand describes perception as which of the following?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)