|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Kira have a love affair with, even though she does not like him?
2. Kira asks Andrei what it feels like to be treated like which of the following?
(a) A political system.
(b) A tool.
(c) A monster.
(d) A child.
3. What is the setting for We The Living?
(a) United States.
(b) Soviet Russia.
(d) Post-war France.
4. Rand says that new intellectuals must acquire which of the following?
5. What did Kant allegedly close philosophy to?
6. Rand describes perception as which of the following?
7. When was We The Living published?
8. Which adjective does Rand use to describe America's culture?
9. What kind of crime was Leo arrested for?
(a) Political crime.
(d) Sexual crime.
10. The goal of this book is to do which of the following, according to Rand?
(a) Alarm Americans.
(b) Present new information.
(c) Remind readers of a past warning.
(d) Share a fictional story for pleasure.
11. The injunction not to judge shows the climax of which of the following, according to Rand?
12. Who is the man that Kira wants to save?
13. What adjective does Rand use to describe the USA's founding fathers?
14. Who does Rand describe as a soldier of liberty?
(a) Average citizen.
15. What does Attila need protection from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Rand says that no man has the right to do which of the following?
2. How does Kira feel about using Andrei?
3. What kind of revolution is needed, according to Rand?
4. What does Rand state that capitalism is incompatible with?
5. In a dying society, how many choices does Rand say individuals have?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)