|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Andrei viewed citizens in what way?
(a) As angry mobs.
(b) As piles of flesh.
(c) As leeches.
(d) As worker ants.
2. In a dying society, how many choices does Rand say individuals have?
(d) Too many to count.
3. Rand states that to oppose views, one need which of the following?
4. Who is the man that Kira wants to save?
5. Rand says that no man has the right to do which of the following?
(a) Consider using force when provoked.
(b) Create force.
(c) Provoke force.
(d) Initiate force against others.
6. What does Rand describe socialism as a revolt against?
7. Who does Kira have a love affair with, even though she does not like him?
8. What does Attila need protection from?
9. What adjective does Rand use to describe the USA's founding fathers?
10. What does Jeremy Bentham champion?
11. Rand describes perception as which of the following?
12. What does Rand believe capitalism wiped out?
(d) Hard work.
13. Who delivers a speech in We The Living?
14. What does Rand state that capitalism is incompatible with?
15. When was We The Living published?
Short Answer Questions
1. The chief intellectual, according to Rand, is which type of person?
2. Rand says that new intellectuals must acquire which of the following?
3. Rand states that the only tools of cognition are not which of the following?
4. What is the Witch Doctor's weapon?
5. Freedom and philosophy first arose in which setting, according to Rand?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)