|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting for We The Living?
(b) Soviet Russia.
(c) Post-war France.
(d) United States.
2. Rand states that the only tools of cognition are not which of the following?
(b) Negative feelings.
(d) Logical thoughts.
3. The goal of this book is to do which of the following, according to Rand?
(a) Present new information.
(b) Alarm Americans.
(c) Remind readers of a past warning.
(d) Share a fictional story for pleasure.
4. Rand says that new intellectuals must acquire which of the following?
5. What kind of crime was Leo arrested for?
(b) Political crime.
(c) Sexual crime.
6. In which period did capitalism arise?
(a) 19th century.
(b) 17th century.
(c) 20th century.
(d) 18th century.
7. What kind of revolution is needed, according to Rand?
8. What is the Witch Doctor's weapon?
9. What does Rand describe socialism as a revolt against?
10. Rand describes perception as which of the following?
11. What does Attila need protection from?
12. What did Kant allegedly close philosophy to?
13. What kind of relationship does Rand describe the archetypes Attila and Witch Doctor as having?
(a) They are allies.
(b) They are linked romantically.
(c) They are not affiliated.
(d) They are enemies.
14. What does Jeremy Bentham champion?
15. Rand states that collectivism is dead in which country?
Short Answer Questions
1. Freedom and philosophy first arose in which setting, according to Rand?
2. New intellectuals, says Rand, should not give into which of the following?
3. Who does Rand describe as altruism's most perfect advocate?
4. Rand suggests that a nation's bodyguards are which type of people?
5. When was We The Living published?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)