|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rand states that collectivism is dead in which country?
2. Rand suggests that a nation's bodyguards are which type of people?
(a) Government officials.
(c) Those who are physically strongest.
(d) The military.
3. What was Andrei passionate about?
4. Andrei viewed citizens in what way?
(a) As piles of flesh.
(b) As leeches.
(c) As angry mobs.
(d) As worker ants.
5. What did Kant allegedly close philosophy to?
6. What adjective does Rand use to describe the USA's founding fathers?
7. Who does Rand describe as altruism's most perfect advocate?
8. What is the Witch Doctor's weapon?
9. What country does Rand believe is deluding itself?
(c) United States of America.
10. When was We The Living published?
11. In which period did capitalism arise?
(a) 20th century.
(b) 17th century.
(c) 18th century.
(d) 19th century.
12. What does Attila need protection from?
13. The chief intellectual, according to Rand, is which type of person?
14. What does Rand believe capitalism wiped out?
(b) Hard work.
15. Rand suggests that a culture should be judged by which of the following?
(a) Its most intelligent people.
(b) Its least intelligent people.
(c) Its dominant philosophy.
(d) Its number of high-profile careers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rand describe as being man's only tool of knowledge?
2. Who is the man that Kira wants to save?
3. Who delivers a speech in We The Living?
4. Who does Kira have a love affair with, even though she does not like him?
5. The goal of this book is to do which of the following, according to Rand?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)