|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kira feel about using Andrei?
(a) She feels no remorse.
(b) She feels bad at first but then forgets.
(c) She is remorseful.
(d) She denies feeling remorse, but actually does.
2. Who does Rand describe as a soldier of liberty?
(b) Average citizen.
3. What did Kant allegedly close philosophy to?
4. What does Rand believe capitalism wiped out?
(b) Hard work.
5. What is the setting for We The Living?
(a) Post-war France.
(c) Soviet Russia.
(d) United States.
6. What kind of relationship does Rand describe the archetypes Attila and Witch Doctor as having?
(a) They are enemies.
(b) They are allies.
(c) They are linked romantically.
(d) They are not affiliated.
7. Why does Kira have a love affair with somebody she does not like?
(a) To increase freedom for society.
(b) To get money.
(c) To become free.
(d) To convince the man to appreciate capitalism.
8. The goal of this book is to do which of the following, according to Rand?
(a) Remind readers of a past warning.
(b) Share a fictional story for pleasure.
(c) Present new information.
(d) Alarm Americans.
9. Andrei viewed citizens in what way?
(a) As angry mobs.
(b) As worker ants.
(c) As piles of flesh.
(d) As leeches.
10. What does Rand describe socialism as a revolt against?
11. Rand states that collectivism is dead in which country?
12. Who does Kira have a love affair with, even though she does not like him?
13. In which period did capitalism arise?
(a) 20th century.
(b) 17th century.
(c) 19th century.
(d) 18th century.
14. The chief intellectual, according to Rand, is which type of person?
15. When was We The Living published?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rand describe as altruism's most perfect advocate?
2. Rand suggests that a culture should be judged by which of the following?
3. Rand describes perception as which of the following?
4. Which adjective does Rand use to describe America's culture?
5. Kira asks Andrei what it feels like to be treated like which of the following?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)