|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Attila need protection from?
2. Who does Kira have a love affair with, even though she does not like him?
3. What kind of revolution is needed, according to Rand?
4. In which period did capitalism arise?
(a) 17th century.
(b) 20th century.
(c) 19th century.
(d) 18th century.
5. Rand suggests that a nation's bodyguards are which type of people?
(a) Government officials.
(c) Those who are physically strongest.
(d) The military.
6. The chief intellectual, according to Rand, is which type of person?
7. New intellectuals, says Rand, should not give into which of the following?
8. Rand says that new intellectuals must acquire which of the following?
9. Rand states that the only tools of cognition are not which of the following?
(c) Logical thoughts.
(d) Negative feelings.
10. Rand states that to oppose views, one need which of the following?
11. Rand describes perception as which of the following?
12. What conflict is apparent in We The Living?
(a) Indiivual vs. Capitalism.
(b) Capitalism vs. Socialism.
(c) Collectivism vs. Government.
(d) Individual vs. State.
13. The injunction not to judge shows the climax of which of the following, according to Rand?
14. What did Kant allegedly close philosophy to?
15. Rand suggests that a culture should be judged by which of the following?
(a) Its dominant philosophy.
(b) Its number of high-profile careers.
(c) Its least intelligent people.
(d) Its most intelligent people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jeremy Bentham champion?
2. In a dying society, how many choices does Rand say individuals have?
3. Andrei viewed citizens in what way?
4. What does Rand believe capitalism wiped out?
5. What country does Rand believe is deluding itself?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)