|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rand describe as being man's only tool of knowledge?
(a) Physical strength.
(c) The mind.
2. What does Jeremy Bentham champion?
3. Kira asks Andrei what it feels like to be treated like which of the following?
(a) A tool.
(b) A monster.
(c) A political system.
(d) A child.
4. What is the setting for We The Living?
(b) United States.
(c) Soviet Russia.
(d) Post-war France.
5. New intellectuals, says Rand, should not give into which of the following?
6. Rand says that new intellectuals must acquire which of the following?
7. What did Kant allegedly close philosophy to?
8. In which period did capitalism arise?
(a) 18th century.
(b) 20th century.
(c) 17th century.
(d) 19th century.
9. What kind of relationship does Rand describe the archetypes Attila and Witch Doctor as having?
(a) They are allies.
(b) They are enemies.
(c) They are linked romantically.
(d) They are not affiliated.
10. What adjective does Rand use to describe the USA's founding fathers?
11. What does Rand believe capitalism wiped out?
(a) Hard work.
12. In a dying society, how many choices does Rand say individuals have?
(a) Too many to count.
13. What is the Witch Doctor's weapon?
14. Why does Kira have a love affair with somebody she does not like?
(a) To get money.
(b) To become free.
(c) To convince the man to appreciate capitalism.
(d) To increase freedom for society.
15. What does Attila need protection from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Rand states that the only tools of cognition are not which of the following?
2. Who does Rand describe as altruism's most perfect advocate?
3. What kind of crime was Leo arrested for?
4. The injunction not to judge shows the climax of which of the following, according to Rand?
5. Who does Kira have a love affair with, even though she does not like him?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)