|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of crime was Leo arrested for?
(b) Political crime.
(c) Sexual crime.
2. Rand says that new intellectuals must acquire which of the following?
3. What does Attila need protection from?
4. What does Jeremy Bentham champion?
5. Which adjective does Rand use to describe America's culture?
6. Who does Rand describe as a soldier of liberty?
(c) Average citizen.
7. What kind of revolution is needed, according to Rand?
8. When was We The Living published?
9. Rand describes perception as which of the following?
10. Freedom and philosophy first arose in which setting, according to Rand?
(a) Ancient Greece.
(b) Ancient Rome.
(c) Renaissance Europe.
(d) Soviet Russia.
11. Who delivers a speech in We The Living?
12. What did Kant allegedly close philosophy to?
13. New intellectuals, says Rand, should not give into which of the following?
14. What does Rand believe capitalism wiped out?
(d) Hard work.
15. What kind of relationship does Rand describe the archetypes Attila and Witch Doctor as having?
(a) They are linked romantically.
(b) They are not affiliated.
(c) They are enemies.
(d) They are allies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rand state that capitalism is incompatible with?
2. Rand states that the only tools of cognition are not which of the following?
3. In a dying society, how many choices does Rand say individuals have?
4. Rand suggests that a culture should be judged by which of the following?
5. Who does Rand describe as altruism's most perfect advocate?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)