|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which period did capitalism arise?
(a) 18th century.
(b) 20th century.
(c) 17th century.
(d) 19th century.
2. Rand suggests that a culture should be judged by which of the following?
(a) Its least intelligent people.
(b) Its most intelligent people.
(c) Its dominant philosophy.
(d) Its number of high-profile careers.
3. What did Kant allegedly close philosophy to?
4. Rand says that new intellectuals must acquire which of the following?
5. What does Rand state that capitalism is incompatible with?
6. Rand states that the only tools of cognition are not which of the following?
(a) Negative feelings.
(c) Logical thoughts.
7. What does Attila need protection from?
8. What is the setting for We The Living?
(a) Soviet Russia.
(c) Post-war France.
(d) United States.
9. Who delivers a speech in We The Living?
10. What adjective does Rand use to describe the USA's founding fathers?
11. When was We The Living published?
12. Rand states that collectivism is dead in which country?
13. How does Kira feel about using Andrei?
(a) She is remorseful.
(b) She feels no remorse.
(c) She denies feeling remorse, but actually does.
(d) She feels bad at first but then forgets.
14. Kira asks Andrei what it feels like to be treated like which of the following?
(a) A political system.
(b) A monster.
(c) A child.
(d) A tool.
15. What does Rand describe as being man's only tool of knowledge?
(c) Physical strength.
(d) The mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rand describe as a soldier of liberty?
2. Which adjective does Rand use to describe America's culture?
3. Who is the man that Kira wants to save?
4. New intellectuals, says Rand, should not give into which of the following?
5. What does Rand believe capitalism wiped out?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)