Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The chief intellectual, according to Rand, is which type of person?
2. What kind of relationship does Rand describe the archetypes Attila and Witch Doctor as having?
(a) They are allies.
(b) They are not affiliated.
(c) They are enemies.
(d) They are linked romantically.
3. What is the Witch Doctor's weapon?
4. Who delivers a speech in We The Living?
5. Rand suggests that a nation's bodyguards are which type of people?
(a) The military.
(b) Those who are physically strongest.
(d) Government officials.
6. What kind of crime was Leo arrested for?
(a) Political crime.
(c) Sexual crime.
7. Which adjective does Rand use to describe America's culture?
8. Who does Kira have a love affair with, even though she does not like him?
9. What did Kant allegedly close philosophy to?
10. What conflict is apparent in We The Living?
(a) Capitalism vs. Socialism.
(b) Indiivual vs. Capitalism.
(c) Individual vs. State.
(d) Collectivism vs. Government.
11. What kind of revolution is needed, according to Rand?
12. Rand says that new intellectuals must acquire which of the following?
13. Who does Rand describe as a soldier of liberty?
(c) Average citizen.
14. Rand suggests that a culture should be judged by which of the following?
(a) Its dominant philosophy.
(b) Its most intelligent people.
(c) Its number of high-profile careers.
(d) Its least intelligent people.
15. When was We The Living published?
Short Answer Questions
1. Rand states that to oppose views, one need which of the following?
2. What does Rand believe capitalism wiped out?
3. Rand describes perception as which of the following?
4. The injunction not to judge shows the climax of which of the following, according to Rand?
5. What does Rand describe socialism as a revolt against?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)