|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The chief intellectual, according to Rand, is which type of person?
2. New intellectuals, says Rand, should not give into which of the following?
3. Who delivers a speech in We The Living?
4. Rand describes perception as which of the following?
5. How does Kira feel about using Andrei?
(a) She is remorseful.
(b) She feels no remorse.
(c) She denies feeling remorse, but actually does.
(d) She feels bad at first but then forgets.
6. The goal of this book is to do which of the following, according to Rand?
(a) Present new information.
(b) Alarm Americans.
(c) Remind readers of a past warning.
(d) Share a fictional story for pleasure.
7. What does Rand state that capitalism is incompatible with?
8. What does Attila need protection from?
9. What did Kant allegedly close philosophy to?
10. Andrei viewed citizens in what way?
(a) As piles of flesh.
(b) As worker ants.
(c) As angry mobs.
(d) As leeches.
11. What is the Witch Doctor's weapon?
12. Rand suggests that a culture should be judged by which of the following?
(a) Its most intelligent people.
(b) Its least intelligent people.
(c) Its dominant philosophy.
(d) Its number of high-profile careers.
13. What was Andrei passionate about?
14. Rand states that the only tools of cognition are not which of the following?
(a) Logical thoughts.
(c) Negative feelings.
15. What does Jeremy Bentham champion?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of relationship does Rand describe the archetypes Attila and Witch Doctor as having?
2. Freedom and philosophy first arose in which setting, according to Rand?
3. Who is the man that Kira wants to save?
4. Why does Kira have a love affair with somebody she does not like?
5. The injunction not to judge shows the climax of which of the following, according to Rand?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)