|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Attila need protection from?
2. The chief intellectual, according to Rand, is which type of person?
3. Rand suggests that a culture should be judged by which of the following?
(a) Its number of high-profile careers.
(b) Its least intelligent people.
(c) Its most intelligent people.
(d) Its dominant philosophy.
4. What kind of relationship does Rand describe the archetypes Attila and Witch Doctor as having?
(a) They are linked romantically.
(b) They are enemies.
(c) They are allies.
(d) They are not affiliated.
5. Who does Rand describe as altruism's most perfect advocate?
6. What kind of revolution is needed, according to Rand?
7. What does Rand believe capitalism wiped out?
(a) Hard work.
8. Rand states that to oppose views, one need which of the following?
9. Rand states that collectivism is dead in which country?
10. Who does Rand describe as a soldier of liberty?
(b) Average citizen.
11. Rand says that new intellectuals must acquire which of the following?
12. What does Rand describe as being man's only tool of knowledge?
(a) Physical strength.
(d) The mind.
13. Who delivers a speech in We The Living?
14. How does Kira feel about using Andrei?
(a) She feels no remorse.
(b) She is remorseful.
(c) She feels bad at first but then forgets.
(d) She denies feeling remorse, but actually does.
15. Why does Kira have a love affair with somebody she does not like?
(a) To increase freedom for society.
(b) To become free.
(c) To get money.
(d) To convince the man to appreciate capitalism.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was We The Living published?
2. In a dying society, how many choices does Rand say individuals have?
3. Who is the man that Kira wants to save?
4. What adjective does Rand use to describe the USA's founding fathers?
5. Andrei viewed citizens in what way?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)