|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rand suggests that a culture should be judged by which of the following?
(a) Its dominant philosophy.
(b) Its number of high-profile careers.
(c) Its least intelligent people.
(d) Its most intelligent people.
2. Which adjective does Rand use to describe America's culture?
3. What did Kant allegedly close philosophy to?
4. Rand describes perception as which of the following?
5. What is the Witch Doctor's weapon?
6. What country does Rand believe is deluding itself?
(c) United States of America.
7. How does Kira feel about using Andrei?
(a) She feels bad at first but then forgets.
(b) She denies feeling remorse, but actually does.
(c) She feels no remorse.
(d) She is remorseful.
8. Rand states that the only tools of cognition are not which of the following?
(a) Negative feelings.
(b) Logical thoughts.
9. What does Attila need protection from?
10. Who does Kira have a love affair with, even though she does not like him?
11. New intellectuals, says Rand, should not give into which of the following?
12. What does Rand describe socialism as a revolt against?
13. Who is the man that Kira wants to save?
14. The injunction not to judge shows the climax of which of the following, according to Rand?
15. In which period did capitalism arise?
(a) 20th century.
(b) 19th century.
(c) 18th century.
(d) 17th century.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who delivers a speech in We The Living?
2. What does Jeremy Bentham champion?
3. Rand says that new intellectuals must acquire which of the following?
4. What kind of revolution is needed, according to Rand?
5. The goal of this book is to do which of the following, according to Rand?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)