|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was We The Living published?
2. What does Attila need protection from?
3. Who does Rand describe as a soldier of liberty?
(b) Average citizen.
4. Rand describes perception as which of the following?
5. Why does Kira have a love affair with somebody she does not like?
(a) To convince the man to appreciate capitalism.
(b) To increase freedom for society.
(c) To get money.
(d) To become free.
6. What does Rand describe socialism as a revolt against?
7. What does Rand state that capitalism is incompatible with?
8. Which adjective does Rand use to describe America's culture?
9. Who does Rand describe as altruism's most perfect advocate?
10. Rand suggests that a culture should be judged by which of the following?
(a) Its dominant philosophy.
(b) Its least intelligent people.
(c) Its number of high-profile careers.
(d) Its most intelligent people.
11. Rand states that collectivism is dead in which country?
12. In which period did capitalism arise?
(a) 18th century.
(b) 17th century.
(c) 19th century.
(d) 20th century.
13. New intellectuals, says Rand, should not give into which of the following?
14. Kira asks Andrei what it feels like to be treated like which of the following?
(a) A child.
(b) A monster.
(c) A tool.
(d) A political system.
15. What did Kant allegedly close philosophy to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Freedom and philosophy first arose in which setting, according to Rand?
2. Rand states that the only tools of cognition are not which of the following?
3. Rand suggests that a nation's bodyguards are which type of people?
4. What does Rand describe as being man's only tool of knowledge?
5. What is the Witch Doctor's weapon?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)