|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The goal of this book is to do which of the following, according to Rand?
(a) Remind readers of a past warning.
(b) Share a fictional story for pleasure.
(c) Alarm Americans.
(d) Present new information.
2. What does Rand describe socialism as a revolt against?
3. What does Jeremy Bentham champion?
4. Who is the man that Kira wants to save?
5. Rand suggests that a culture should be judged by which of the following?
(a) Its number of high-profile careers.
(b) Its most intelligent people.
(c) Its least intelligent people.
(d) Its dominant philosophy.
6. Who does Kira have a love affair with, even though she does not like him?
7. What was Andrei passionate about?
8. What does Rand state that capitalism is incompatible with?
9. How does Kira feel about using Andrei?
(a) She feels bad at first but then forgets.
(b) She is remorseful.
(c) She denies feeling remorse, but actually does.
(d) She feels no remorse.
10. Who does Rand describe as altruism's most perfect advocate?
11. What did Kant allegedly close philosophy to?
12. Rand states that to oppose views, one need which of the following?
13. Who delivers a speech in We The Living?
14. What does Rand describe as being man's only tool of knowledge?
(a) The mind.
(d) Physical strength.
15. Kira asks Andrei what it feels like to be treated like which of the following?
(a) A child.
(b) A tool.
(c) A monster.
(d) A political system.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rand says that new intellectuals must acquire which of the following?
2. In which period did capitalism arise?
3. What kind of relationship does Rand describe the archetypes Attila and Witch Doctor as having?
4. Rand states that collectivism is dead in which country?
5. Rand describes perception as which of the following?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)