|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of revolution is needed, according to Rand?
2. Who is the man that Kira wants to save?
3. Freedom and philosophy first arose in which setting, according to Rand?
(a) Ancient Greece.
(b) Ancient Rome.
(c) Renaissance Europe.
(d) Soviet Russia.
4. New intellectuals, says Rand, should not give into which of the following?
5. What adjective does Rand use to describe the USA's founding fathers?
6. What does Rand describe socialism as a revolt against?
7. What was Andrei passionate about?
8. Rand states that collectivism is dead in which country?
9. What country does Rand believe is deluding itself?
(c) United States of America.
10. Who does Rand describe as a soldier of liberty?
(b) Average citizen.
11. The chief intellectual, according to Rand, is which type of person?
12. Rand states that to oppose views, one need which of the following?
13. Who delivers a speech in We The Living?
14. What conflict is apparent in We The Living?
(a) Collectivism vs. Government.
(b) Individual vs. State.
(c) Capitalism vs. Socialism.
(d) Indiivual vs. Capitalism.
15. When was We The Living published?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Witch Doctor's weapon?
2. Rand suggests that a culture should be judged by which of the following?
3. What is the setting for We The Living?
4. Why does Kira have a love affair with somebody she does not like?
5. In a dying society, how many choices does Rand say individuals have?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)