|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Atlas Shrugged,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rand describe socialism as a revolt against?
2. What does the man in Anthem realize he owes?
(a) His life.
(b) His dedication.
(c) His money.
3. When was We The Living published?
4. What is true of grammar in the society described in Anthem?
(a) Only singular nouns remain.
(b) Only plural pronouns remain.
(c) Only singular pronouns remain.
(d) Only plural nouns remain.
5. The goal of this book is to do which of the following, according to Rand?
(a) Remind readers of a past warning.
(b) Present new information.
(c) Alarm Americans.
(d) Share a fictional story for pleasure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What consequence of collectivism does Rand describe?
2. In a dying society, how many choices does Rand say individuals have?
3. Rand says that new intellectuals must acquire which of the following?
4. How does Hank feel about the things he owns?
5. Freedom and philosophy first arose in which setting, according to Rand?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)