|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Atlas Shrugged,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rand suggests that a culture should be judged by which of the following?
(a) Its dominant philosophy.
(b) Its number of high-profile careers.
(c) Its least intelligent people.
(d) Its most intelligent people.
2. What does money represent to Francisco?
3. Howard realizes he exists for whom or what?
(a) His society.
(b) His family.
(c) His government.
4. Howard views the poor as having what relationship to his work?
(a) They have no right to buy his work.
(b) They deserve to have his work.
(c) They have no claim to his work.
(d) They deserve to build their own homes.
5. What struggle is indicated in The Fountainhead?
(a) Savagery vs individualism.
(b) Individualism vs collectivism.
(c) Socialism vs capitalism.
(d) Indivdiualism vs capitalism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hank accept, according to Rand?
2. Who does Rand describe as altruism's most perfect advocate?
3. Kira asks Andrei what it feels like to be treated like which of the following?
4. Howard blows up his project as an act of which of the following?
5. In The Fountainhead, Howard thinks that happiness equals what?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)