|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Fountainhead,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rand describe as altruism's most perfect advocate?
2. What struggle is indicated in The Fountainhead?
(a) Savagery vs individualism.
(b) Socialism vs capitalism.
(c) Indivdiualism vs capitalism.
(d) Individualism vs collectivism.
3. What does Peter Keating seek?
4. Rand suggests that a culture should be judged by which of the following?
(a) Its least intelligent people.
(b) Its dominant philosophy.
(c) Its number of high-profile careers.
(d) Its most intelligent people.
5. What did Kant allegedly close philosophy to?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Anthem, Rand imagines a future where what concept is accepted?
2. In The Fountainhead, the root of everything despicable is the absence of what quality?
3. What does Rand describe socialism as a revolt against?
4. What adjective does Rand use to describe the USA's founding fathers?
5. What does the man in Anthem realize he owes?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)