|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Fountainhead,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting for We The Living?
(a) Soviet Russia.
(b) Post-war France.
(c) United States.
2. When was We The Living published?
3. In which period did capitalism arise?
(a) 20th century.
(b) 18th century.
(c) 19th century.
(d) 17th century.
4. What conflict is apparent in We The Living?
(a) Individual vs. State.
(b) Indiivual vs. Capitalism.
(c) Capitalism vs. Socialism.
(d) Collectivism vs. Government.
5. Howard views the poor as having what relationship to his work?
(a) They deserve to build their own homes.
(b) They deserve to have his work.
(c) They have no right to buy his work.
(d) They have no claim to his work.
Short Answer Questions
1. New intellectuals, says Rand, should not give into which of the following?
2. What does Rand believe capitalism wiped out?
3. Howard says that what type of person is always persecuted?
4. Collectivism is described by Rand as what kind of monster?
5. Rand suggests that a culture should be judged by which of the following?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)