|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Anthem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of crime was Leo arrested for?
(a) Sexual crime.
(d) Political crime.
2. In a dying society, how many choices does Rand say individuals have?
(a) Too many to count.
3. Why does Kira have a love affair with somebody she does not like?
(a) To increase freedom for society.
(b) To convince the man to appreciate capitalism.
(c) To get money.
(d) To become free.
4. What does the man in Anthem realize he owes?
(a) His life.
(b) His dedication.
(d) His money.
5. What consequence of collectivism does Rand describe?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rand state that capitalism is incompatible with?
2. Freedom and philosophy first arose in which setting, according to Rand?
3. Kira asks Andrei what it feels like to be treated like which of the following?
4. In Anthem, Rand imagines a future where what concept is accepted?
5. Rand states that the only tools of cognition are not which of the following?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)