|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Anthem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freedom and philosophy first arose in which setting, according to Rand?
(a) Renaissance Europe.
(b) Ancient Greece.
(c) Ancient Rome.
(d) Soviet Russia.
2. What kind of crime was Leo arrested for?
(b) Political crime.
(c) Sexual crime.
3. How does Kira feel about using Andrei?
(a) She denies feeling remorse, but actually does.
(b) She is remorseful.
(c) She feels bad at first but then forgets.
(d) She feels no remorse.
4. In which period did capitalism arise?
(a) 19th century.
(b) 20th century.
(c) 17th century.
(d) 18th century.
5. Where was Anthem published?
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does Rand believe is deluding itself?
2. In Anthem, Rand imagines a future where what concept is accepted?
3. The goal of this book is to do which of the following, according to Rand?
4. The chief intellectual, according to Rand, is which type of person?
5. Rand says that no man has the right to do which of the following?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)