|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, For the New Intellectual.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Witch Doctor's weapon?
2. In a dying society, how many choices does Rand say individuals have?
(a) Too many to count.
3. Freedom and philosophy first arose in which setting, according to Rand?
(a) Ancient Greece.
(b) Renaissance Europe.
(c) Ancient Rome.
(d) Soviet Russia.
4. What kind of relationship does Rand describe the archetypes Attila and Witch Doctor as having?
(a) They are not affiliated.
(b) They are linked romantically.
(c) They are allies.
(d) They are enemies.
5. What does Rand describe as being man's only tool of knowledge?
(c) Physical strength.
(d) The mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which adjective does Rand use to describe America's culture?
2. What does Rand believe capitalism wiped out?
3. In which period did capitalism arise?
4. Rand suggests that a nation's bodyguards are which type of people?
5. Rand says that no man has the right to do which of the following?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)