|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, For the New Intellectual.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rand says that no man has the right to do which of the following?
(a) Provoke force.
(b) Consider using force when provoked.
(c) Initiate force against others.
(d) Create force.
2. What does Rand describe socialism as a revolt against?
3. In which period did capitalism arise?
(a) 19th century.
(b) 17th century.
(c) 20th century.
(d) 18th century.
4. Rand states that the only tools of cognition are not which of the following?
(a) Negative feelings.
(b) Logical thoughts.
5. What does Rand believe capitalism wiped out?
(a) Hard work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does Rand believe is deluding itself?
2. New intellectuals, says Rand, should not give into which of the following?
3. Rand suggests that a nation's bodyguards are which type of people?
4. The chief intellectual, according to Rand, is which type of person?
5. What kind of relationship does Rand describe the archetypes Attila and Witch Doctor as having?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)