|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, For the New Intellectual.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rand believe capitalism wiped out?
(b) Hard work.
2. What does Rand describe as being man's only tool of knowledge?
(a) The mind.
(d) Physical strength.
3. Rand states that the only tools of cognition are not which of the following?
(b) Negative feelings.
(c) Logical thoughts.
4. What did Kant allegedly close philosophy to?
5. Rand says that no man has the right to do which of the following?
(a) Create force.
(b) Consider using force when provoked.
(c) Provoke force.
(d) Initiate force against others.
Short Answer Questions
1. New intellectuals, says Rand, should not give into which of the following?
2. What kind of relationship does Rand describe the archetypes Attila and Witch Doctor as having?
3. The injunction not to judge shows the climax of which of the following, according to Rand?
4. In which period did capitalism arise?
5. Rand suggests that a nation's bodyguards are which type of people?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)