|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, For the New Intellectual.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rand state that capitalism is incompatible with?
2. Rand suggests that a culture should be judged by which of the following?
(a) Its dominant philosophy.
(b) Its number of high-profile careers.
(c) Its most intelligent people.
(d) Its least intelligent people.
3. New intellectuals, says Rand, should not give into which of the following?
4. What does Rand describe as being man's only tool of knowledge?
(a) The mind.
(b) Physical strength.
5. What does Jeremy Bentham champion?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rand describe as altruism's most perfect advocate?
2. Rand says that new intellectuals must acquire which of the following?
3. What kind of revolution is needed, according to Rand?
4. What is the Witch Doctor's weapon?
5. The chief intellectual, according to Rand, is which type of person?
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)