|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, For the New Intellectual.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rand describe as being man's only tool of knowledge?
(b) The mind.
(d) Physical strength.
2. Rand suggests that a culture should be judged by which of the following?
(a) Its most intelligent people.
(b) Its least intelligent people.
(c) Its number of high-profile careers.
(d) Its dominant philosophy.
3. What does Jeremy Bentham champion?
4. Rand states that the only tools of cognition are not which of the following?
(b) Negative feelings.
(d) Logical thoughts.
5. In a dying society, how many choices does Rand say individuals have?
(b) Too many to count.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rand describes perception as which of the following?
2. In which period did capitalism arise?
3. Rand says that no man has the right to do which of the following?
4. What does Attila need protection from?
5. Rand suggests that a nation's bodyguards are which type of people?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)