|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, For the New Intellectual.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freedom and philosophy first arose in which setting, according to Rand?
(a) Renaissance Europe.
(b) Ancient Rome.
(c) Ancient Greece.
(d) Soviet Russia.
2. Who does Rand describe as a soldier of liberty?
(a) Average citizen.
3. Rand says that new intellectuals must acquire which of the following?
4. What does Rand state that capitalism is incompatible with?
5. What country does Rand believe is deluding itself?
(a) United States of America.
Short Answer Questions
1. The chief intellectual, according to Rand, is which type of person?
2. The injunction not to judge shows the climax of which of the following, according to Rand?
3. Rand states that the only tools of cognition are not which of the following?
4. What did Kant allegedly close philosophy to?
5. What does Jeremy Bentham champion?
This section contains 151 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)