|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, For the New Intellectual.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Attila need protection from?
2. Freedom and philosophy first arose in which setting, according to Rand?
(a) Soviet Russia.
(b) Ancient Rome.
(c) Ancient Greece.
(d) Renaissance Europe.
3. Rand suggests that a culture should be judged by which of the following?
(a) Its dominant philosophy.
(b) Its least intelligent people.
(c) Its number of high-profile careers.
(d) Its most intelligent people.
4. Rand describes perception as which of the following?
5. Rand says that no man has the right to do which of the following?
(a) Create force.
(b) Provoke force.
(c) Consider using force when provoked.
(d) Initiate force against others.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rand state that capitalism is incompatible with?
2. Rand states that to oppose views, one need which of the following?
3. Rand states that the only tools of cognition are not which of the following?
4. The injunction not to judge shows the climax of which of the following, according to Rand?
5. What does Jeremy Bentham champion?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)