|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, For the New Intellectual.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rand describes perception as which of the following?
2. Rand says that new intellectuals must acquire which of the following?
3. What does Rand describe as being man's only tool of knowledge?
(b) Physical strength.
(c) The mind.
4. Rand suggests that a culture should be judged by which of the following?
(a) Its most intelligent people.
(b) Its least intelligent people.
(c) Its number of high-profile careers.
(d) Its dominant philosophy.
5. In which period did capitalism arise?
(a) 17th century.
(b) 19th century.
(c) 18th century.
(d) 20th century.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of revolution is needed, according to Rand?
2. What kind of relationship does Rand describe the archetypes Attila and Witch Doctor as having?
3. What does Attila need protection from?
4. Who does Rand describe as a soldier of liberty?
5. The chief intellectual, according to Rand, is which type of person?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)