|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Atlas Shrugged,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rand suggests that a culture should be judged by which of the following?
(a) Its dominant philosophy.
(b) Its most intelligent people.
(c) Its number of high-profile careers.
(d) Its least intelligent people.
2. Why is Hank on trial?
(a) He found a metal alloy without reporting it.
(b) He mined in an illegal location.
(c) He mined metal alloy illegally.
(d) He sold a metal alloy illegally.
3. What conflict is apparent in We The Living?
(a) Individual vs. State.
(b) Capitalism vs. Socialism.
(c) Indiivual vs. Capitalism.
(d) Collectivism vs. Government.
4. In The Fountainhead, the root of everything despicable is the absence of what quality?
5. Howard views the poor as having what relationship to his work?
(a) They deserve to have his work.
(b) They deserve to build their own homes.
(c) They have no right to buy his work.
(d) They have no claim to his work.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was We The Living published?
2. What consequence of collectivism does Rand describe?
3. What kind of crime was Leo arrested for?
4. Howard says that creators need to possess which quality?
5. According to Atlas Shrugged, what is destroyed first in all instances of destroyers?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)