|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, We the Living.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The chief intellectual, according to Rand, is which type of person?
2. New intellectuals, says Rand, should not give into which of the following?
3. What conflict is apparent in We The Living?
(a) Capitalism vs. Socialism.
(b) Indiivual vs. Capitalism.
(c) Collectivism vs. Government.
(d) Individual vs. State.
4. Rand suggests that a culture should be judged by which of the following?
(a) Its dominant philosophy.
(b) Its number of high-profile careers.
(c) Its most intelligent people.
(d) Its least intelligent people.
5. Freedom and philosophy first arose in which setting, according to Rand?
(a) Soviet Russia.
(b) Renaissance Europe.
(c) Ancient Rome.
(d) Ancient Greece.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does Rand believe is deluding itself?
2. Which adjective does Rand use to describe America's culture?
3. Rand states that collectivism is dead in which country?
4. Who delivers a speech in We The Living?
5. Who does Kira have a love affair with, even though she does not like him?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)