|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Anthem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was We The Living published?
2. What does Rand describe as being man's only tool of knowledge?
(b) The mind.
(c) Physical strength.
3. Rand suggests that a culture should be judged by which of the following?
(a) Its most intelligent people.
(b) Its least intelligent people.
(c) Its dominant philosophy.
(d) Its number of high-profile careers.
4. In a dying society, how many choices does Rand say individuals have?
(b) Too many to count.
5. Andrei viewed citizens in what way?
(a) As piles of flesh.
(b) As worker ants.
(c) As leeches.
(d) As angry mobs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man in Anthem realize he owes?
2. How does Kira feel about using Andrei?
3. Why does Kira have a love affair with somebody she does not like?
4. What conflict is apparent in We The Living?
5. What does Rand state that capitalism is incompatible with?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)