|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Anthem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a dying society, how many choices does Rand say individuals have?
(b) Too many to count.
2. What was Andrei passionate about?
3. Freedom and philosophy first arose in which setting, according to Rand?
(a) Ancient Rome.
(b) Renaissance Europe.
(c) Ancient Greece.
(d) Soviet Russia.
4. What does Anthem concern?
(a) The struggle of the individual versus communism.
(b) The state's control over men.
(c) The human ego.
(d) Lost love.
5. What does Rand believe capitalism wiped out?
(d) Hard work.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was We The Living published?
2. What conflict is apparent in We The Living?
3. What kind of crime was Leo arrested for?
4. Andrei viewed citizens in what way?
5. Rand suggests that a culture should be judged by which of the following?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)