Chapter 1, For the New Intellectual
1. In a dying society, how many choices does Rand say individuals have?
(d) Too many to count.
2. What country does Rand believe is deluding itself?
(a) United States of America.
3. The goal of this book is to do which of the following, according to Rand?
(a) Share a fictional story for pleasure.
(b) Present new information.
(c) Alarm Americans.
(d) Remind readers of a past warning.
4. Rand suggests that a culture should be judged by which of the following?
(a) Its number of high-profile careers.
(b) Its dominant philosophy.
(c) Its most intelligent people.
(d) Its least intelligent people.
5. Rand suggests that a nation's bodyguards are which type of people?
(a) The military.
(b) Government officials.
(c) Those who are physically strongest.
6. Rand describes perception as which of the following?
7. What is the Witch Doctor's weapon?
8. What does Attila need protection from?
This section contains 1,530 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)