Chapter 1, For the New Intellectual
1. In a dying society, how many choices does Rand say individuals have?
(b) Too many to count.
2. What country does Rand believe is deluding itself?
(a) United States of America.
3. The goal of this book is to do which of the following, according to Rand?
(a) Alarm Americans.
(b) Remind readers of a past warning.
(c) Present new information.
(d) Share a fictional story for pleasure.
4. Rand suggests that a culture should be judged by which of the following?
(a) Its least intelligent people.
(b) Its dominant philosophy.
(c) Its most intelligent people.
(d) Its number of high-profile careers.
5. Rand suggests that a nation's bodyguards are which type of people?
(a) Government officials.
(b) The military.
(d) Those who are physically strongest.
6. Rand describes perception as which of the following?
7. What is the Witch Doctor's weapon?
8. What does Attila need protection from?
This section contains 1,530 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)