Chapter 1, For the New Intellectual
* Rand describes a dying society as having only two choices - staying deluded to the events occurring or facing the truth and rebuilding.
* Rand believes that the United States is a dying society and needs to face the truth.
* Rand asserts that a culture can be judged by the dominant philosophy of the culture, as expressed in ways such as morality, art, and the economy.
* Rand calls for new intellectuals to save the country by initiating a moral revolution.
* Rand believes that altruism and capitalism are incompatible.
Chapter 2, We the Living
* The central conflict in We the Living is that of the individual versus the state.
* Kira has an affair with Andrei, a communist, to save Leo, a man accused of a political crime.
* Andrei learns Kira has been using him as a tool, but she is not remorseful.
* We the Living is...
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)