Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much longer after this injury did Chick continue to play baseball professionally?
2. What does Chick say is the best thing that ever happened to him in his career?
3. Why did Posey say she wanted to include a unique Jewish custom at her own funeral?
4. What does Chick notice as he, his mother, and Miss Thelma drive through town?
5. What news does Rose mention she hear on the radio shortly before Posey and Chick come to visit?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Rose and Miss Thelma. Who is Rose? Why is Posey visiting her home? How does Posey know Rose is about to die? What is Posey attempting to do about that fact? Why does Chick not question his mother's apparent knowledge of death? Who is Miss Thelma? In what capacity did she once work for the Benetto family? What business did Posey go into with Miss Thelma? Why do Thelma's grandchildren not see Chick? What does Chick think of this?
Essay Topic 2
Whose voice does Chick hear on the phone at Rose's? When does Chick hear the voice again? Why does Chick believe he is the only one hearing the voice? Where is the voice coming from? Who does the voice belong to? What does this voice represent to Chick? What does Chick do about this voice?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss baseball. Why does Chick decide to go out for baseball? Why does Chick continue to play baseball? Why does Chick not tell his mother that his father comes to his college baseball games? Why does Chick leave college to play professional baseball? How does Posey feel about Chick making this choice? Does this baseball career give Chick the life he wants? Why or why not? Why does Chick finally decide to quit baseball? Why does Chick's father pressure him into playing an old-timers game? What is significant about this game?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)