Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much longer after this injury did Chick continue to play baseball professionally?
2. What does Chick say is the best thing that ever happened to him in his career?
3. Why did Posey say she wanted to include a unique Jewish custom at her own funeral?
4. What does Chick notice as he, his mother, and Miss Thelma drive through town?
5. What news does Rose mention she hear on the radio shortly before Posey and Chick come to visit?
Discuss one of the following themes in detail, citing examples from the novel:
3) Father-Son Relationships
4) Mother-Son Relationships
Discuss Chick's lists. Why does Chick keep a list of the things his mother did to stand up for him and the times he failed to stand up for his mother? What do these lists tell the reader about Chick's relationship with is mother? What do these lists tell the reader about Posey's feelings for her son? Do these lists help Chick in any way? Were these lists kept before or after the accident that brought Chick one more day with his mother?
Discuss character development. Chick changes from the time he is a boy until he becomes an adult, then changes again as he becomes an adult and must deal with his mother's death. Discuss how these changes come about, what causes them, and how they affect Chick's overall attitude toward life. Discuss how these changes bring about other changes in Chick's life, such as his divorce, and how they affect his relationships with those he cares about.
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)