|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What injury did Chick suffer during spring training while playing professional baseball?
(a) An elbow injury.
(b) A broken arm.
(c) A broken leg.
(d) A knee injury.
2. How does Chick come to accept the events taking place after he jumped from the water tower?
(a) He called it temporary insanity.
(b) He thought he had jumped through a time warp.
(c) He thinks he is dead.
(d) He decides it is a hallucination and he should go with it.
3. Why did Miss Thelma call Chick chickadoodle-do?
(a) He often screamed for people from the backyard.
(b) He looked like a rooster.
(c) He had a stutter that made he talk strangely.
(d) He often walked all over people.
4. What happens when Chick hears the strange voice a third and final time?
(a) Chick returns to reality.
(c) Chick discovers it has all been a dream.
(d) Chick sees a white light and is separated from his mother.
5. What does Chick learn about his mother on his fake business trip that makes him regret leaving?
(a) His mother fell and broke her hip.
(b) His mother was in a car accident.
(c) His mother had a heart attack.
(d) His mother has cancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Chick admit he continued to play baseball all through his childhood?
2. Why did Posey say she wanted to include a unique Jewish custom at her own funeral?
3. What one thing would Chick change about the day his mother died?
4. What does Chick say about this person his mother brags about while doing Rose's hair?
5. What does Chick consider the worst day of his college career?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Chick not want his mother to go to his dorm room with him?
2. What are the two days at college Chick shares with the reader?
3. What metaphor did Posey often use for the death of her patients when she was a nurse?
4. Who does Chick say the ghost in his life truly was?
5. Whose voice does Chick hear as he goes to open the door at his mother's house in Section 3, Part 1?
6. Why does Chick suspect he is suffering from temporary insanity?
7. What does Miss Thelma claim will keep her memory alive for years to come?
8. To whom does Posey take Chick to visit after dinner?
9. Who gave Chick his nickname?
10. What did Marie write in the memory book at her grandmother's funeral?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)