|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chick notice as he, his mother, and Miss Thelma drive through town?
(a) The town has changed since he last visited.
(b) There are no people out and about.
(c) He does not know any of the people they see, young or old.
(d) Old people are everywhere and they all seem to know his mother.
2. What is the final thing Posey tells Chick he must love in order to make a marriage work?
(a) His children.
(b) His wife.
(d) The marriage itself.
3. Who taught Chick how to shave?
(a) A boyfriend of his mother's.
(b) An uncle.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
4. What does Miss Thelma's family think she is doing?
(b) Talking to a friend on the phone.
(c) Making dinner.
(d) Working a crossword.
5. What is the one thing Len Benetto ever said about Posey to Chick?
(a) She was unfaithful.
(b) She was selfish.
(c) She was a hardheaded woman.
(d) She was a nag.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Posey come to find out about the Italian woman?
2. What does Chick's mother wear the day she drives him to his first day of college?
3. What does Posey find in Chick's room when he is fourteen that causes a battle between the two?
4. What did chick always think was important to a person's memory?
5. After a night in which Posey thought she heard an intruder in the night, why does Chick say he will be angry with his mother until he leaves that house?
Short Essay Questions
1. On whom does Chick blame the break up of his marriage?
2. What did Posey often do for some of the patients in the hospital where she worked as a nurse?
3. What does Chick claim he does not want to be?
4. What do they call a short stay in professional baseball?
5. Who does Chick say the ghost in his life truly was?
6. What explanation does Posey give to Chick about how people are dying call her to their sides?
7. Who encourages Chick to leave town the day of his mother's birthday? Why?
8. What does Chick hear when he answers the phone at Rose's house?
9. Why does Chick suspect he is suffering from temporary insanity?
10. To whom does Posey take Chick to visit after dinner?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)