|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much longer after this injury did Chick continue to play baseball professionally?
(a) Sixteen months.
(b) Six years.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Six months.
2. What does Chick say is the best thing that ever happened to him in his career?
(a) He played in the All-Star game.
(b) He was made salesman of the year.
(c) He played in the World Series.
(d) He played in the Super Bowl.
3. Why did Posey say she wanted to include a unique Jewish custom at her own funeral?
(a) To add something unique to her funeral.
(b) To keep the mourners from getting bored.
(c) To reduce the cost of the funeral.
(d) To help the mourners let the body go and celebrate the spirit.
4. What does Chick notice as he, his mother, and Miss Thelma drive through town?
(a) Old people are everywhere and they all seem to know his mother.
(b) He does not know any of the people they see, young or old.
(c) The town has changed since he last visited.
(d) There are no people out and about.
5. What news does Rose mention she hear on the radio shortly before Posey and Chick come to visit?
(a) A bank had been robbed.
(b) The president was shot.
(c) There was an accident on the highway.
(d) Someone jumped from the water tower.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Chick calls his mother a hypocrite when she finds an item hidden in his sock drawer when he is only fourteen?
2. How does Chick come to accept the events taking place after he jumped from the water tower?
3. Where did Chick find his greatest joy during the bleak years after baseball?
4. What kind of scholarship did Chick get to help pay for college?
5. What three things did Posey once tell Chick he needed to be successful?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)