|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chick's mother wear the day she drives him to his first day of college?
(a) A purple pantsuit.
(b) A modest dress.
(c) A business suit.
(d) A nursing uniform.
2. Why does Chick calls his mother a hypocrite when she finds an item hidden in his sock drawer when he is only fourteen?
(a) She drinks.
(b) She looks at pornography.
(c) She does drugs.
(d) She smokes.
3. What would Posey tell her children when they would ask about patients she cared for who had died?
(a) That they no longer needed her care.
(b) That they no longer felt pain.
(c) That they went home.
(d) That they were in a better place.
4. What does Posey tell Chick in a note just after he began college is not a license to be mean to girls?
(a) His athletic ability.
(b) His financial status.
(c) His intelligence.
(d) His handsomness.
5. What does Posey tell Chick about how she happens to visit people who are dying?
(a) They think of her and that calls her to their sides.
(b) God tells her who to visit.
(c) Posey is a sort of guardian angel who goes to help people make the transition to death easier.
(d) Posey is called to people she offended in life to make amends as they die.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Italian woman that Posey and Chick go to visit last?
2. Why did Posey say she wanted to include a unique Jewish custom at her own funeral?
3. What happens when Chick hears the strange voice a third and final time?
4. What does Posey insist she and Chick do after supper on their one more day together?
5. Why does Chick not allow his mother to go up to his dorm room with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Posey and Chick talk about over dinner?
2. On whom does Chick blame the break up of his marriage?
3. What job does Chick learn his mother did in order to help pay his college tuition?
4. Who does Chick say the ghost in his life truly was?
5. What does Chick claim he does not want to be?
6. What explanation does Posey give to Chick about how people are dying call her to their sides?
7. What does the Italian woman say when she catches sight of Posey and Chick in her mirror?
8. Why did Chick not want his mother to go to his dorm room with him?
9. Who gave Chick his nickname?
10. What do they call a short stay in professional baseball?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)