|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chick say is the best thing that ever happened to him in his career?
(a) He was made salesman of the year.
(b) He played in the All-Star game.
(c) He played in the World Series.
(d) He played in the Super Bowl.
2. After a night in which Posey thought she heard an intruder in the night, why does Chick say he will be angry with his mother until he leaves that house?
(a) He believes his mother did not protect him well enough.
(b) He believes his father tried to come home and she sent him away.
(c) He believes his mother made up the story of an intruder to hide a boyfriend.
(d) He believes it was his mother's fault they were all placed in that danger.
3. Why does Chick not allow his mother to go up to his dorm room with him?
(a) He is embarrassed by her presence.
(b) He does not want her in his personal space.
(c) He is afraid she will make a fool of herself.
(d) He does not want her to be oogled by his roommate.
4. What does Posey say a child who is embarrassed by is mother is?
(a) A child who has not lived long enough.
(b) A child who needs a good spanking.
(c) A child who is selfish.
(d) A child who needs a lesson in virtue.
5. Who called Posey's house one afternoon while Chick was there in Section 4: Part 1?
(a) Miss Thelma.
(c) Len Benetto.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Posey insist she and Chick do after supper on their one more day together?
2. What does Miss Thelma say will be her legacy after she dies?
3. What does Chick imagine his mother saying to him as he performs the Jewish custom she requested at her funeral?
4. What does Chick learn about his mother on his fake business trip that makes him regret leaving?
5. Who suddenly shows up at one of Chick's college baseball games, causing him to fight back emotion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Chick say the ghost in his life truly was?
2. What does Chick admit embarrassed him about his mother as a child?
3. What happens when Chick hears the strange voice once again?
4. What does Chick hear when he answers the phone at Rose's house?
5. Whose voice does Chick hear as he goes to open the door at his mother's house in Section 3, Part 1?
6. Who encouraged Chick to drop out of college?
7. What are the two days at college Chick shares with the reader?
8. What did Posey often do for some of the patients in the hospital where she worked as a nurse?
9. Why does Chick suspect he is suffering from temporary insanity?
10. Why does Posey suggest Len got involved with this second woman while he was in the war, even though he was already engaged to Posey?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)