|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What three things did Posey once tell Chick he needed to be successful?
(a) Belief, hard work, and love.
(b) Hard work, good money, and intelligence.
(c) Good support, lots of money, and love.
(d) Intelligence, hard work, and good support.
2. How does Chick come to accept the events taking place after he jumped from the water tower?
(a) He thinks he is dead.
(b) He thought he had jumped through a time warp.
(c) He called it temporary insanity.
(d) He decides it is a hallucination and he should go with it.
3. Who taught Chick how to shave?
(a) A boyfriend of his mother's.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) An uncle.
4. Why did Chick believe his father stopped coming around after he quit baseball?
(a) Len was ashamed of Chick.
(b) Baseball was their only connection.
(c) Len did not like Chick's wife.
(d) Len moved away.
5. Why did Posey say she wanted to include a unique Jewish custom at her own funeral?
(a) To keep the mourners from getting bored.
(b) To help the mourners let the body go and celebrate the spirit.
(c) To reduce the cost of the funeral.
(d) To add something unique to her funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. After a night in which Posey thought she heard an intruder in the night, why does Chick say he will be angry with his mother until he leaves that house?
2. What does the caller say when Chick answers the phone at Rose's house?
3. What did Miss Thelma do for the Benetto family when Chick was a little boy?
4. What does Posey tell Chick in a note just after he began college is not a license to be mean to girls?
5. Who does Posey brag about as she works on Rose's hair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the two days at college Chick shares with the reader?
2. What does Chick claim he does not want to be?
3. What does the Italian woman say when she catches sight of Posey and Chick in her mirror?
4. What does Chick hear when he answers the phone at Rose's house?
5. What explanation does Posey give to Chick about how people are dying call her to their sides?
6. Whose voice does Chick hear as he goes to open the door at his mother's house in Section 3, Part 1?
7. Why does Chick suspect he is suffering from temporary insanity?
8. What happens when Chick hears the strange voice once again?
9. On whom does Chick blame the break up of his marriage?
10. Why does Posey suggest Len got involved with this second woman while he was in the war, even though he was already engaged to Posey?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)