|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chick say about this person his mother brags about while doing Rose's hair?
(a) She no longer wants to be a part of his life.
(b) He is a drunk and a loser.
(c) She is ashamed of him.
(d) She is not as great as his mother recalls.
2. Who is the Italian woman that Posey and Chick go to visit last?
(a) Len Benetto's cousin.
(b) Len Benetto's sister.
(c) Len Benetto's mother.
(d) Len Benetto's wife.
3. What one thing would Chick change about the day his mother died?
(a) He could have saved her.
(b) That Maria found her.
(c) That she died alone.
(d) That he was not there.
4. What does Chick consider his best day during his college years?
(a) The day his sister joined him at college.
(b) The day he met Catherine.
(c) The day he was scouted by a professional baseball team.
(d) The day his father walked back into his life.
5. How does Chick Benetto feel that he lost his father?
(a) Chick was a poor salesman.
(b) Chick drank too much and his father disapproved.
(c) Chick turned his back on baseball.
(d) Chick's father disliked Chick's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Chick not allow his mother to go up to his dorm room with him?
2. Where did Chick find his greatest joy during the bleak years after baseball?
3. How did Catherine react two weeks after Posey's death to Chick's confession regarding the fake business trip?
4. What does Posey insist she and Chick do after supper on their one more day together?
5. What does Posey tell Chick when he confesses his guilt to her on their one more day together?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Posey fired from her job as a nurse?
2. What do Posey and Chick talk about over dinner?
3. To whom does Posey take Chick to visit after dinner?
4. Why was Posey not impressed with Chick's baseball scholarship?
5. On whom does Chick blame the break up of his marriage?
6. What metaphor did Posey often use for the death of her patients when she was a nurse?
7. What did Posey often do for some of the patients in the hospital where she worked as a nurse?
8. Who gave Chick his nickname?
9. What happens when Chick hears the strange voice once again?
10. What does Chick claim he does not want to be?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)