|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Thelma's family think she is doing?
(a) Making dinner.
(b) Talking to a friend on the phone.
(c) Working a crossword.
2. What does Posey say a child who is embarrassed by is mother is?
(a) A child who needs a good spanking.
(b) A child who needs a lesson in virtue.
(c) A child who is selfish.
(d) A child who has not lived long enough.
3. How does Chick Benetto feel that he lost his father?
(a) Chick's father disliked Chick's wife.
(b) Chick drank too much and his father disapproved.
(c) Chick was a poor salesman.
(d) Chick turned his back on baseball.
4. What did Chick's fourteen-year-old daughter write in the memory book at her grandmother's funeral?
(a) That she hopes her grandmother will finally find peace in heaven.
(b) When heaven is done with her, she would like her grandmother back.
(c) That she is angry with God for stealing her grandmother away.
(d) That she thinks this whole thing is stupid.
5. What does Posey say to Chick when he asks why she never remarried after her divorce?
(a) Posey said she never met another man who could make her as happy as Len Benetto.
(b) Posey said she was happy with her kids and her grandchildren. Life goes by too fast.
(c) Posey said she did not want to change the family dynammic by brining in a stepfather.
(d) Posey said she never found a man the children would approve of.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suddenly shows up at one of Chick's college baseball games, causing him to fight back emotion?
2. What news does Rose mention she hear on the radio shortly before Posey and Chick come to visit?
3. Why does Chick not allow his mother to go up to his dorm room with him?
4. From what team is the scout Chick meets after a game one day during college?
5. Why does Chick lie to his family about a trip out of town on his mother's birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chick admit embarrassed him about his mother as a child?
2. Why does Posey suggest Len got involved with this second woman while he was in the war, even though he was already engaged to Posey?
3. Why does Chick suspect he is suffering from temporary insanity?
4. What did Marie write in the memory book at her grandmother's funeral?
5. What did Posey often do for some of the patients in the hospital where she worked as a nurse?
6. Why did Chick not want his mother to go to his dorm room with him?
7. Who gave Chick his nickname?
8. Who encouraged Chick to drop out of college?
9. What job does Chick learn his mother did in order to help pay his college tuition?
10. What does Chick claim he does not want to be?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)