|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Italian woman that Posey and Chick go to visit last?
(a) Len Benetto's cousin.
(b) Len Benetto's wife.
(c) Len Benetto's mother.
(d) Len Benetto's sister.
2. How does Chick come to accept the events taking place after he jumped from the water tower?
(a) He decides it is a hallucination and he should go with it.
(b) He called it temporary insanity.
(c) He thought he had jumped through a time warp.
(d) He thinks he is dead.
3. Why does Chick admit he continued to play baseball all through his childhood?
(a) He hoped it would teach him the values his father should have taught him.
(b) He hoped it would mean a way out of his mother's house.
(c) He hoped it would help him become rich and famous.
(d) He hoped it would bring his father back into his life.
4. What does Chick notice as he, his mother, and Miss Thelma drive through town?
(a) Old people are everywhere and they all seem to know his mother.
(b) The town has changed since he last visited.
(c) There are no people out and about.
(d) He does not know any of the people they see, young or old.
5. How did Catherine react two weeks after Posey's death to Chick's confession regarding the fake business trip?
(a) That he deserved to feel guilty.
(b) That he should have told her the truth to begin with.
(c) It no longer mattered.
(d) That he should go back and leave them alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chick consider the worst day of his college career?
2. What does Posey find in Chick's room when he is fourteen that causes a battle between the two?
3. Who suddenly shows up at one of Chick's college baseball games, causing him to fight back emotion?
4. When Chick's father asks to drive him home from a college baseball game, what does he do that causes Chick to feel all is right with the world?
5. Over dinner, what does Chick request his mother tell him about?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)