|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Posey react when Chick asks if he can be with her if he dies?
(a) Sure, she would love the company.
(b) No, she does not want him around.
(c) God will not allow it.
(d) Now he wants to be with her.
2. Why did Miss Thelma call Chick chickadoodle-do?
(a) He often screamed for people from the backyard.
(b) He had a stutter that made he talk strangely.
(c) He looked like a rooster.
(d) He often walked all over people.
3. Why does Chick calls his mother a hypocrite when she finds an item hidden in his sock drawer when he is only fourteen?
(a) She looks at pornography.
(b) She drinks.
(c) She does drugs.
(d) She smokes.
4. What does Rose say when Posey asks about her children?
(a) They never come to see her.
(b) They come to see her daily.
(c) They check on her once a week, like a chore.
(d) They are all doing well, but in distant cities.
5. What injury did Chick suffer during spring training while playing professional baseball?
(a) A knee injury.
(b) A broken leg.
(c) An elbow injury.
(d) A broken arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What one thing would Chick change about the day his mother died?
2. What dish does this Italian woman make that Posey thinks Len Benetto always wanted over Posey's version of the same dish?
3. What news does Rose mention she hear on the radio shortly before Posey and Chick come to visit?
4. What did this caller in Section 4: Part 1 want from Chick?
5. Why did Chick believe his father stopped coming around after he quit baseball?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Posey and Chick talk about over dinner?
2. What does Chick claim he does not want to be?
3. Whose voice does Chick hear as he goes to open the door at his mother's house in Section 3, Part 1?
4. Why was Posey fired from her job as a nurse?
5. What happens when Chick hears the strange voice once again?
6. Who encourages Chick to leave town the day of his mother's birthday? Why?
7. Who does Chick say the ghost in his life truly was?
8. What does Miss Thelma claim will keep her memory alive for years to come?
9. What are the two days at college Chick shares with the reader?
10. Why does Posey suggest Len got involved with this second woman while he was in the war, even though he was already engaged to Posey?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)