|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who called Posey's house one afternoon while Chick was there in Section 4: Part 1?
(a) Len Benetto.
(c) Miss Thelma.
2. What three things did Posey once tell Chick he needed to be successful?
(a) Belief, hard work, and love.
(b) Hard work, good money, and intelligence.
(c) Intelligence, hard work, and good support.
(d) Good support, lots of money, and love.
3. What day does Chick believe was one of the happiest of his mother's life?
(a) The day he made his first homerun.
(b) The day he graduated high school.
(c) The day he began college.
(d) The day he got married.
4. Why did Chick believe his father stopped coming around after he quit baseball?
(a) Len moved away.
(b) Len was ashamed of Chick.
(c) Baseball was their only connection.
(d) Len did not like Chick's wife.
5. What does Posey say a child who is embarrassed by is mother is?
(a) A child who is selfish.
(b) A child who has not lived long enough.
(c) A child who needs a lesson in virtue.
(d) A child who needs a good spanking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Thelma say will be her legacy after she dies?
2. What does Rose say is the only part of her that is still young?
3. What does Posey tell Chick about how she happens to visit people who are dying?
4. How did Posey come to find out about the Italian woman?
5. Where did Chick find his greatest joy during the bleak years after baseball?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Chick suspect he is suffering from temporary insanity?
2. What explanation does Posey give to Chick about how people are dying call her to their sides?
3. Why does Posey suggest Len got involved with this second woman while he was in the war, even though he was already engaged to Posey?
4. What happens when Chick hears the strange voice once again?
5. Why was Posey not impressed with Chick's baseball scholarship?
6. To whom does Posey take Chick to visit after dinner?
7. Who gave Chick his nickname?
8. What do Posey and Chick talk about over dinner?
9. What does Chick admit embarrassed him about his mother as a child?
10. Who does Chick say the ghost in his life truly was?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)