|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day does Chick believe was one of the happiest of his mother's life?
(a) The day he made his first homerun.
(b) The day he got married.
(c) The day he graduated high school.
(d) The day he began college.
2. What injury did Chick suffer during spring training while playing professional baseball?
(a) A broken leg.
(b) A broken arm.
(c) A knee injury.
(d) An elbow injury.
3. Why does Chick lie to his family about a trip out of town on his mother's birthday?
(a) So he can see his mistress.
(b) So he can sneak out to get a surprise gift.
(c) So he can play in a baseball game.
(d) So he can escape a boring party.
4. What is the final thing Posey tells Chick he must love in order to make a marriage work?
(a) His wife.
(b) The marriage itself.
(d) His children.
5. Why did Posey say she wanted to include a unique Jewish custom at her own funeral?
(a) To reduce the cost of the funeral.
(b) To keep the mourners from getting bored.
(c) To help the mourners let the body go and celebrate the spirit.
(d) To add something unique to her funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Posey tell Chick about how she happens to visit people who are dying?
2. Who does Posey brag about as she works on Rose's hair?
3. When Chick's father asks to drive him home from a college baseball game, what does he do that causes Chick to feel all is right with the world?
4. Why does Chick calls his mother a hypocrite when she finds an item hidden in his sock drawer when he is only fourteen?
5. What did this caller in Section 4: Part 1 want from Chick?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)