|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Thelma say will be her legacy after she dies?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her friends.
(c) Her reputation for hard work.
(d) Her grandchildren's laughter.
2. What three things did Posey once tell Chick he needed to be successful?
(a) Intelligence, hard work, and good support.
(b) Hard work, good money, and intelligence.
(c) Belief, hard work, and love.
(d) Good support, lots of money, and love.
3. What does Chick imagine his mother saying to him as he performs the Jewish custom she requested at her funeral?
(b) Good boy.
(c) Could you do it a little better?
(d) How could you?
4. How did Catherine react two weeks after Posey's death to Chick's confession regarding the fake business trip?
(a) That he deserved to feel guilty.
(b) It no longer mattered.
(c) That he should have told her the truth to begin with.
(d) That he should go back and leave them alone.
5. Why did Miss Thelma call Chick chickadoodle-do?
(a) He often screamed for people from the backyard.
(b) He had a stutter that made he talk strangely.
(c) He looked like a rooster.
(d) He often walked all over people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Posey tell her children when they would ask about patients she cared for who had died?
2. What kind of scholarship did Chick get to help pay for college?
3. What does Rose say when Posey asks about her children?
4. What does Posey tell Chick when he confesses his guilt to her on their one more day together?
5. Why did Posey say she wanted to include a unique Jewish custom at her own funeral?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)