|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Posey tell Chick in Section 3: Part 2 that she did not want to ask for money from his father?
(a) He did not have it.
(b) She did not need money.
(c) She did not need any more from him.
(d) She was too proud.
2. What request did Posey make for her own funeral after seeing the custom at Jewish funerals?
(a) That the mourners throw shovels full of dirt on her coffin.
(b) That the mourners throw roses on her coffin.
(c) That the mourners bury her before sundown ont he day she died.
(d) That the mourners step on a peice of glass before her coffin.
3. How much longer after this injury did Chick continue to play baseball professionally?
(a) Six years.
(b) Sixteen months.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Six months.
4. Who does Chick claim was a ghost throughout his childhood?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His father.
(d) His grandfather.
5. What does Chick say is the best thing that ever happened to him in his career?
(a) He was made salesman of the year.
(b) He played in the All-Star game.
(c) He played in the World Series.
(d) He played in the Super Bowl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chick say when his mother asks about his wife, Catherine?
2. What is the one thing Len Benetto ever said about Posey to Chick?
3. What does Posey insist she and Chick do after supper on their one more day together?
4. Why did Posey lose her job at the hospital?
5. In a note written to Chick on his wedding day, what does Posey say she knows Chick thinks of the notes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miss Thelma claim will keep her memory alive for years to come?
2. What job does Chick learn his mother did in order to help pay his college tuition?
3. What did Marie write in the memory book at her grandmother's funeral?
4. What happens when Chick hears the strange voice once again?
5. Why did Chick not want his mother to go to his dorm room with him?
6. To whom does Posey take Chick to visit after dinner?
7. Who encouraged Chick to drop out of college?
8. What does Chick claim he does not want to be?
9. What does Chick admit embarrassed him about his mother as a child?
10. Whose voice does Chick hear as he goes to open the door at his mother's house in Section 3, Part 1?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)