|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Chick claim was a ghost throughout his childhood?
(a) His father.
(b) His sister.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His mother.
2. Why did Miss Thelma call Chick chickadoodle-do?
(a) He looked like a rooster.
(b) He often screamed for people from the backyard.
(c) He often walked all over people.
(d) He had a stutter that made he talk strangely.
3. Why did Posey lose her job at the hospital?
(a) She complained about a doctor's inappropriate behavior.
(b) She distracted the patients.
(c) She was late too often.
(d) She was not a good nurse.
4. What does Posey insist she and Chick do after supper on their one more day together?
(a) Call Roberta.
(b) Make a third visit.
(c) Have desert.
(d) Walk on the beach.
5. How did Catherine react two weeks after Posey's death to Chick's confession regarding the fake business trip?
(a) It no longer mattered.
(b) That he should go back and leave them alone.
(c) That he should have told her the truth to begin with.
(d) That he deserved to feel guilty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Posey stress to Chick as being the most important thing in his life while he is college?
2. After a night in which Posey thought she heard an intruder in the night, why does Chick say he will be angry with his mother until he leaves that house?
3. Why does Chick not allow his mother to go up to his dorm room with him?
4. Why did Posey say she wanted to include a unique Jewish custom at her own funeral?
5. What did Chick's fourteen-year-old daughter write in the memory book at her grandmother's funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. What metaphor did Posey often use for the death of her patients when she was a nurse?
2. Why does Chick suspect he is suffering from temporary insanity?
3. What does Chick hear when he answers the phone at Rose's house?
4. Why was Posey not impressed with Chick's baseball scholarship?
5. What explanation does Posey give to Chick about how people are dying call her to their sides?
6. What does the Italian woman say when she catches sight of Posey and Chick in her mirror?
7. What does Miss Thelma claim will keep her memory alive for years to come?
8. To whom does Posey take Chick to visit after dinner?
9. On whom does Chick blame the break up of his marriage?
10. Whose voice does Chick hear as he goes to open the door at his mother's house in Section 3, Part 1?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)