|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What three things did Posey once tell Chick he needed to be successful?
(a) Good support, lots of money, and love.
(b) Intelligence, hard work, and good support.
(c) Belief, hard work, and love.
(d) Hard work, good money, and intelligence.
2. What does Miss Thelma's family think she is doing?
(a) Making dinner.
(c) Working a crossword.
(d) Talking to a friend on the phone.
3. How does Chick come to accept the events taking place after he jumped from the water tower?
(a) He decides it is a hallucination and he should go with it.
(b) He called it temporary insanity.
(c) He thinks he is dead.
(d) He thought he had jumped through a time warp.
4. What does Posey stress to Chick as being the most important thing in his life while he is college?
(a) An education.
(b) Making money.
(c) His health.
5. What is the day that Chick wanted back?
(a) The birth of his daughter.
(b) The day he quit baseball.
(c) His mother's seventy-ninth birthday.
(d) The day his father left.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chick say about this person his mother brags about while doing Rose's hair?
2. What does Rose say when Posey asks about her children?
3. Where did Chick find his greatest joy during the bleak years after baseball?
4. What one thing would Chick change about the day his mother died?
5. What does Posey say a child who is embarrassed by is mother is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whose voice does Chick hear as he goes to open the door at his mother's house in Section 3, Part 1?
2. Who gave Chick his nickname?
3. Why does Posey suggest Len got involved with this second woman while he was in the war, even though he was already engaged to Posey?
4. What happens when Chick hears the strange voice once again?
5. What does Chick admit embarrassed him about his mother as a child?
6. Who encourages Chick to leave town the day of his mother's birthday? Why?
7. Why was Posey fired from her job as a nurse?
8. What does Chick claim he does not want to be?
9. Why does Chick suspect he is suffering from temporary insanity?
10. What does the Italian woman say when she catches sight of Posey and Chick in her mirror?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)