|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suddenly shows up at one of Chick's college baseball games, causing him to fight back emotion?
(a) His mother.
(b) Miss Thelma.
(c) His sister.
(d) His father.
2. What does Posey say a child who is embarrassed by is mother is?
(a) A child who needs a lesson in virtue.
(b) A child who needs a good spanking.
(c) A child who has not lived long enough.
(d) A child who is selfish.
3. Who is the first woman Chick and Posey visit that day?
(c) The Italian woman.
(d) Miss Thelma.
4. How did Catherine react two weeks after Posey's death to Chick's confession regarding the fake business trip?
(a) That he should have told her the truth to begin with.
(b) That he should go back and leave them alone.
(c) It no longer mattered.
(d) That he deserved to feel guilty.
5. What does Chick learn about this woman that upsets him the most?
(a) She was a grandmother he never met.
(b) She was a sports reporter who could have helped his career.
(c) She was the reason his father left the family.
(d) She gave his father a son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Miss Thelma call Chick chickadoodle-do?
2. Why does Posey tell Chick in Section 3: Part 2 that she did not want to ask for money from his father?
3. What did Miss Thelma do for the Benetto family when Chick was a little boy?
4. What does Chick not want to be, what frightens him about his death?
5. What happens when Chick hears the strange voice a third and final time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miss Thelma claim will keep her memory alive for years to come?
2. What does Chick claim he does not want to be?
3. What does Chick admit embarrassed him about his mother as a child?
4. What explanation does Posey give to Chick about how people are dying call her to their sides?
5. Why was Posey not impressed with Chick's baseball scholarship?
6. Who encouraged Chick to drop out of college?
7. Whose voice does Chick hear as he goes to open the door at his mother's house in Section 3, Part 1?
8. Why did Chick not want his mother to go to his dorm room with him?
9. What do Posey and Chick talk about over dinner?
10. To whom does Posey take Chick to visit after dinner?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)