|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who taught Chick how to shave?
(a) A boyfriend of his mother's.
(b) His mother.
(c) An uncle.
(d) His father.
2. How did Posey come to find out about the Italian woman?
(a) She went to Collinswood where Len Benetto bought her a house.
(b) She got a phone call from the woman one day.
(c) She saw a picture of the woman in Len Benetto's wallet.
(d) She heard a rumor from a neighbor.
3. When Chick's father asks to drive him home from a college baseball game, what does he do that causes Chick to feel all is right with the world?
(a) Apologizes for leaving the family.
(b) Explains his decision for not seeing Chick throughout his childhood.
(c) Offers to pay for a new glove.
(d) Shows respect for the coach.
4. Why does Chick not allow his mother to go up to his dorm room with him?
(a) He does not want her to be oogled by his roommate.
(b) He is afraid she will make a fool of herself.
(c) He is embarrassed by her presence.
(d) He does not want her in his personal space.
5. What three things did Posey once tell Chick he needed to be successful?
(a) Intelligence, hard work, and good support.
(b) Hard work, good money, and intelligence.
(c) Good support, lots of money, and love.
(d) Belief, hard work, and love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Posey find in Chick's room when he is fourteen that causes a battle between the two?
2. Who suddenly shows up at one of Chick's college baseball games, causing him to fight back emotion?
3. What did chick always think was important to a person's memory?
4. What does Chick notice as he, his mother, and Miss Thelma drive through town?
5. What is the final thing Posey tells Chick he must love in order to make a marriage work?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)