|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chick learn about his mother while he and she are visiting with Miss Thelma?
(a) That Miss Thelma is a distant relative.
(b) That his mother and Miss Thelma cleaned houses together.
(c) That his mother lived with Miss Thelma for a short time in the past.
(d) That his mother paid for Miss Thelma's cancer treatments.
2. How much longer after this injury did Chick continue to play baseball professionally?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Sixteen months.
(c) Six years.
(d) Six months.
3. What does Chick learn about his mother on his fake business trip that makes him regret leaving?
(a) His mother fell and broke her hip.
(b) His mother was in a car accident.
(c) His mother had a heart attack.
(d) His mother has cancer.
4. What did Miss Thelma do for the Benetto family when Chick was a little boy?
(c) Home repair.
5. What does Posey tell Chick about how she happens to visit people who are dying?
(a) Posey is called to people she offended in life to make amends as they die.
(b) They think of her and that calls her to their sides.
(c) God tells her who to visit.
(d) Posey is a sort of guardian angel who goes to help people make the transition to death easier.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Posey react when Chick asks if he can be with her if he dies?
2. In a note written to Chick on his wedding day, what does Posey say she knows Chick thinks of the notes?
3. Why does Chick admit he continued to play baseball all through his childhood?
4. Who called Posey's house one afternoon while Chick was there in Section 4: Part 1?
5. How did Catherine react two weeks after Posey's death to Chick's confession regarding the fake business trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What explanation does Posey give to Chick about how people are dying call her to their sides?
2. What happens when Chick hears the strange voice once again?
3. On whom does Chick blame the break up of his marriage?
4. What did Marie write in the memory book at her grandmother's funeral?
5. Why was Posey not impressed with Chick's baseball scholarship?
6. Who encourages Chick to leave town the day of his mother's birthday? Why?
7. Who does Chick say the ghost in his life truly was?
8. What metaphor did Posey often use for the death of her patients when she was a nurse?
9. What does the Italian woman say when she catches sight of Posey and Chick in her mirror?
10. What does Chick hear when he answers the phone at Rose's house?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)