|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Thelma's family think she is doing?
(b) Working a crossword.
(c) Talking to a friend on the phone.
(d) Making dinner.
2. How did Catherine react two weeks after Posey's death to Chick's confession regarding the fake business trip?
(a) It no longer mattered.
(b) That he should go back and leave them alone.
(c) That he deserved to feel guilty.
(d) That he should have told her the truth to begin with.
3. Who does Posey brag about as she works on Rose's hair?
(a) Marie, her granddaughter.
(b) Chick, her son.
(c) Roberta, her daughter.
(d) Catherine, her daughter-in-law.
4. What does Posey find in Chick's room when he is fourteen that causes a battle between the two?
5. What news does Rose mention she hear on the radio shortly before Posey and Chick come to visit?
(a) There was an accident on the highway.
(b) Someone jumped from the water tower.
(c) The president was shot.
(d) A bank had been robbed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chick say is the best thing that ever happened to him in his career?
2. Over dinner, what does Chick request his mother tell him about?
3. Why did Posey lose her job at the hospital?
4. What does Chick learn about this woman that upsets him the most?
5. In a note written to Chick on his wedding day, what does Posey say she knows Chick thinks of the notes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do they call a short stay in professional baseball?
2. What job does Chick learn his mother did in order to help pay his college tuition?
3. What does Chick claim he does not want to be?
4. What metaphor did Posey often use for the death of her patients when she was a nurse?
5. Why was Posey fired from her job as a nurse?
6. Why does Chick suspect he is suffering from temporary insanity?
7. What does Chick hear when he answers the phone at Rose's house?
8. To whom does Posey take Chick to visit after dinner?
9. What are the two days at college Chick shares with the reader?
10. Why did Chick not want his mother to go to his dorm room with him?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)