|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Posey tell Chick in a note just after he began college is not a license to be mean to girls?
(a) His handsomness.
(b) His financial status.
(c) His intelligence.
(d) His athletic ability.
2. How does Posey react when Chick asks if he can be with her if he dies?
(a) Sure, she would love the company.
(b) God will not allow it.
(c) Now he wants to be with her.
(d) No, she does not want him around.
3. What one thing would Chick change about the day his mother died?
(a) That she died alone.
(b) That he was not there.
(c) He could have saved her.
(d) That Maria found her.
4. What is the one thing Len Benetto ever said about Posey to Chick?
(a) She was a hardheaded woman.
(b) She was selfish.
(c) She was a nag.
(d) She was unfaithful.
5. What is the final thing Posey tells Chick he must love in order to make a marriage work?
(a) His children.
(b) The marriage itself.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chick imagine his mother saying to him as he performs the Jewish custom she requested at her funeral?
2. Who called Posey's house one afternoon while Chick was there in Section 4: Part 1?
3. Why did Miss Thelma call Chick chickadoodle-do?
4. What injury did Chick suffer during spring training while playing professional baseball?
5. How does Chick Benetto feel that he lost his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who encouraged Chick to drop out of college?
2. Who does Chick say the ghost in his life truly was?
3. Why was Posey not impressed with Chick's baseball scholarship?
4. Who gave Chick his nickname?
5. What does Miss Thelma claim will keep her memory alive for years to come?
6. What job does Chick learn his mother did in order to help pay his college tuition?
7. Why does Posey suggest Len got involved with this second woman while he was in the war, even though he was already engaged to Posey?
8. What do they call a short stay in professional baseball?
9. What did Marie write in the memory book at her grandmother's funeral?
10. Why does Chick suspect he is suffering from temporary insanity?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)