|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of scholarship did Chick get to help pay for college?
(a) An academic scholarship.
(b) A track scholarship.
(c) A football scholarship.
(d) A baseball scholarship.
2. How does Chick Benetto feel that he lost his father?
(a) Chick drank too much and his father disapproved.
(b) Chick was a poor salesman.
(c) Chick turned his back on baseball.
(d) Chick's father disliked Chick's wife.
3. What does Miss Thelma say will be her legacy after she dies?
(a) Her grandchildren's laughter.
(b) Her friends.
(c) Her reputation for hard work.
(d) Her children.
4. What happens when Chick hears the strange voice a third and final time?
(a) Chick sees a white light and is separated from his mother.
(b) Chick discovers it has all been a dream.
(c) Chick returns to reality.
5. What does Posey insist she and Chick do after supper on their one more day together?
(a) Have desert.
(b) Make a third visit.
(c) Walk on the beach.
(d) Call Roberta.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Chick's fourteen-year-old daughter write in the memory book at her grandmother's funeral?
2. What happens when Miss Thelma's grandchildren come into her bedroom?
3. What does Posey find in Chick's room when he is fourteen that causes a battle between the two?
4. What would Posey tell her children when they would ask about patients she cared for who had died?
5. In a note written to Chick on his wedding day, what does Posey say she knows Chick thinks of the notes?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)