|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chick stop at a convenience store to buy in Section 1?
(c) Soda pop.
2. Why did the narrator come to Pepperville Beach?
(a) To visit a relative.
(b) To buy a house.
(c) To bury a relative.
(d) To close on a house that had been in the family for years.
3. What does Posey create out of toilet paper for Chick's Halloween costume when he is six?
(a) A marshmellow.
(b) A mummy.
(c) A frankenstein monster.
(d) A ghost.
4. What does the narrator see that draws her to the place where she will meet the main character of the novel?
(a) A flower filled cemetery.
(b) Old men tossing a ball around.
(c) Kids playing on the beach.
(d) Kids in purple t-shirts pitching and hitting.
5. Why does Chick's mother tell him she will have to take him to his ball game in Section 2: Part 1?
(a) His father had an accident.
(b) His father was gone.
(c) His father was out of town.
(d) His father did not want to.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Chick sneak out of work in Section 1?
2. What does Chick Benetto blame for the destruction of his marriage?
3. Who does the narrator claim the story from this novel belongs to?
4. Why does Chick believe Posey lost all her friends after the divorce?
5. What line does Chick Benetto feel he crossed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Posey's profession at the time of the divorce?
2. What causes Chick's mother to stop playing her favorite record?
3. What game does the narrator learn that Chick Benetto once played as a professional player?
4. When did Chick say he felt he became a Mommy's boy?
5. Why did Chick's parents feel the need to get married quickly?
6. Why does Chick Benetto drive toward his home town?
7. What event caused Chick Benetto to lose faith in himself?
8. To whose wedding is Chick Benetto not invited?
9. What impact does the setting have on Chick's family after the divorce?
10. What did the narrator later find belonging to Chick Benetto that was used in writing this book?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)