|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator says every family is a what?
(a) A romance.
(b) A ghost story.
(c) A joke.
(d) A drama.
2. What did Len hope his son would do as an adult?
(a) Take over his liquor stores.
(b) Become a doctor.
(c) Become a dentist.
(d) Make the major leagues.
3. What meal does Posey fix for Chick in the present as he sits at the kitchen table?
4. Who brings food to Chick with instructions that he take it home to his family shortly after his parents' divorce?
(a) A priest.
(b) A couple of nuns.
(c) A local teacher.
(d) A neighbor.
5. What was it that Chick insists his father always had in mind?
(a) A scheme to get rich.
(b) A plan.
(d) A list.
Short Answer Questions
1. What one word was the only one Chick could manage to say when his mother, who had been dead eight years, entered the kitchen in Section 2: Part 2?
2. Why did Posey choose a tree to place her prayer in?
3. Who told Chick he could only be a momma's boy or a daddy's boy, not both?
4. What sport does the narrator claim the main character once played?
5. Why does Chick tell Roberta the truth about Santa Claus that first Christmas after Len left the family?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Chick's parents feel the need to get married quickly?
2. Why does Chick return to his family home? What does he find there?
3. Why is the word please carved into the side of tree?
4. Why did Chick have a problem with how his mother would leave him at school?
5. To whose wedding is Chick Benetto not invited?
6. What after school activity did Chick pick even after his father left?
7. What word did Chick's mother help Chick find the definition for despite his father's disapproval of her help?
8. What happens on the way to Chick's hometown?
9. Why does Chick Benetto drive toward his home town?
10. What event caused Chick Benetto to lose faith in himself?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)