|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Chick say his hometown is called Pepperville Beach?
(a) Someone dreamed of creating a beach there, but never got around to it.
(b) It is a joke among the locals.
(c) Some entrepreneur brought sand to the area to create a beach at the lake.
(d) It is a play on words regarding a nearby business.
2. What does Chick intend to do once he arrives at his destination in Section 2: Part 1?
(a) To kill himself.
(b) To speak to his wife.
(c) To drink some more.
(d) To speak to his daughter.
3. How did Posey often spend holidays after the divorce?
(a) Throwing parties with just her and the kids.
(b) Working overtime at the hospital.
(c) With friends and neighbors like before.
(d) Going out with all her new boyfriends.
4. Why did Len Benetto often spend long chunks of time away from his family?
(a) To spend time with his biological family.
(b) To visit with liquor distributors and to manage his new store in a town an hour away.
(c) To spend time with his friends.
(d) To help reduce the friction at home.
5. What does Chick find in the refrigerator of his mother's long empty house?
(a) Stolen computer parts.
(b) A rat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who notices the narrator in the Introduction as the narrator watches the action going on?
2. What family event was Chick Benetto not invited to?
3. What sport does the narrator claim the main character once played?
4. What did Chick do about the peeping tom?
5. What meal that Posey makes does Len Benetto often complain she cannot make properly?
Short Essay Questions
1. What word did Chick's mother help Chick find the definition for despite his father's disapproval of her help?
2. When is the first time Chick's mother leaves him a special note?
3. What impact does the setting have on Chick's family after the divorce?
4. What causes Chick's mother to stop playing her favorite record?
5. When did Chick say he felt he became a Mommy's boy?
6. Who does Chick see when he jumps from the water tower?
7. Why did Posey refer to Chick as a Daddy's boy?
8. Why does Chick Benetto drive toward his home town?
9. What one thing does Chick recall always made his parents happy?
10. What event caused Chick Benetto to lose faith in himself?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)