|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song does Chick recall that his mother liked when he was a child?
(a) Puppy Love.
(b) Paper Roses.
(c) This Could Be the Start of Something Big.
(d) Are You Lonesome Tonight?
2. In section 1, from what object does Chick decide to jump?
(a) A private balcony.
(b) A shopping mall.
(c) A diving board.
(d) A water tower.
3. What does Chick find in the refrigerator of his mother's long empty house?
(a) A rat.
(d) Stolen computer parts.
4. Who supposedly played in the World Series?
(a) Len Benetto.
(b) The old man at the cemetery.
(c) Chick Benetto.
(d) The old man at the beach.
5. When did Posey stop listening to her favorite song?
(a) When the children made fun of her tastes.
(b) When it lost its popularity.
(c) When her husband left her.
(d) When a new song caughter her attention.
Short Answer Questions
1. What one word was the only one Chick could manage to say when his mother, who had been dead eight years, entered the kitchen in Section 2: Part 2?
2. Why does Chick Benetto believe he was not invited to this family event?
3. Who supposedly attempted to kill himself/herself?
4. How many visits does Posey tell Chick she must make that day?
5. What was it that Chick insists his father always had in mind?
Short Essay Questions
1. What offends Chick when a man calls his mother a divorcee?
2. Why does Chick Benetto drive toward his home town?
3. Why did Posey refer to Chick as a Daddy's boy?
4. What reason does Posey give for dumping food given to the family by nuns down the disposal?
5. When did Chick say he felt he became a Mommy's boy?
6. When is the first time Chick's mother leaves him a special note?
7. Who tells the narrator about Chick Benetto?
8. Why does the narrator say the story belongs to Chick Benetto?
9. What word did Chick's mother help Chick find the definition for despite his father's disapproval of her help?
10. Who does Chick see when he jumps from the water tower?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)