|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Len Benetto propose to Posey?
(a) In a note scribbled in class.
(b) At the same place where they met.
(c) At their favorite Italian restaurant.
(d) In a letter from Italy.
2. Why does Chick claim he did not check on the driver of the truck involved in his accident?
(a) He did not want to be arrested for drunk driving.
(b) He did not have the courage.
(c) He could see the driver was fine.
(d) He could see the driver was already out of the car and calling the police.
3. Why does Chick Benetto believe he was not invited to this family event?
(a) His attitude made him unwelcome.
(b) He does not get along with his extended family.
(c) He does not get along with his ex-wife.
(d) His drinking made him an embarrassment.
4. Where does Chick go after he wakes from his fall from the water tower?
(a) To his wife's home.
(b) To his current home.
(c) To his childhood home.
(d) To his daughter's home.
5. What question does the narrator pose at the end of the Introduction?
(a) What if you got one day back with a dead loved one.
(b) What if you got one day to repair all your mistakes.
(c) What if you got one day to be whoever you want.
(d) What if you got one day with a lost love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chick notice his car ran into and is now stopped underneath?
2. Where does the narrator claim to have found the main character of this novel one Saturday morning?
3. What family event was Chick Benetto not invited to?
4. What profession does the narrator regret telling he/she currently work as?
5. Why did a librarian tell Chick he could not read 20,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA by Jules Verne?
Short Essay Questions
1. What one thing does Chick recall always made his parents happy?
2. What is Posey's reaction to Chick's insistence that her presence in the house is impossible?
3. What are the two days at college Chick shares with the reader?
4. Who does Chick say the ghost in his life truly was?
5. Who does Posey tell Chick the Italian woman wanted to forgive?
6. Why was Posey fired from her job as a nurse?
7. What do Posey and Chick talk about over dinner?
8. Why does Chick Benetto drive toward his home town?
9. What impact does the setting have on Chick's family after the divorce?
10. Why does Chick return to his family home? What does he find there?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)