|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was it that Chick insists his father always had in mind?
(a) A scheme to get rich.
(b) A list.
(c) A plan.
2. What meal that Posey makes does Len Benetto often complain she cannot make properly?
3. Why does the narrator claim they chose to write the novel in another person's voice?
(a) To make it more romantic.
(b) To add to the mystery.
(c) To make it more suspenseful.
(d) To make it more believable.
4. What does Chick stop at a convenience store to buy in Section 1?
(b) Soda pop.
5. What does Chick notice his car ran into and is now stopped underneath?
(a) A school bus.
(b) A truck.
(c) A billboard for a Chevrolet dealership.
(d) A billboard for a new breakfast cereal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chick find in the refrigerator of his mother's long empty house?
2. What does Posey say when Chick tells her she died?
3. How late for work was Chick on the Monday morning after receiving the evidence of the family event he missed?
4. Who notices the narrator in the Introduction as the narrator watches the action going on?
5. Why does Chick believe Posey lost all her friends after the divorce?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does Posey give for dumping food given to the family by nuns down the disposal?
2. Why is the word please carved into the side of tree?
3. What draws Chick's attention to the table top in his mother's kitchen as his mother treats his wounds?
4. What game does the narrator learn that Chick Benetto once played as a professional player?
5. Why does the narrator say the story belongs to Chick Benetto?
6. What does Chick say after breakfast that causes his mother to question him?
7. What one thing does Chick recall always made his parents happy?
8. What offends Chick when a man calls his mother a divorcee?
9. What happens on the way to Chick's hometown?
10. What phrase does Chick feel describes him completely?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)