|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who supposedly played in the World Series?
(a) The old man at the beach.
(b) The old man at the cemetery.
(c) Chick Benetto.
(d) Len Benetto.
2. How many visits does Posey tell Chick she must make that day?
3. Which did Chick chose to be as a small child, a daddy's boy or a momma's boy?
(a) Momma's boy.
(c) Daddy's boy.
4. What did the narrator stop to do on the way back to the airport in the Introduction?
(a) Have lunch.
(b) Visit the beach.
(c) Get some coffee.
(d) Buy an ice cream.
5. What did Chick and his sister use to carve their initials into their mother's kitchen table?
(a) Steak knives.
(b) Pocket knives.
(c) Razor blades.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Posey ask Chick to repeat himself when he tells her thank you for the meal?
2. Why does the narrator tell the reader in the Introduction that they might not believe the story?
3. Why does Chick sneak out of work in Section 1?
4. What question does Posey ask Chick that causes him to insist that her being in the kitchen eight years after her death is impossible?
5. What did Posey and Len fight about most often when Chick was a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Marie write in the memory book at her grandmother's funeral?
2. What word did Chick's mother help Chick find the definition for despite his father's disapproval of her help?
3. What phrase does Chick feel describes him completely?
4. What is Posey's reaction to Chick's insistence that her presence in the house is impossible?
5. What explanation does Posey give to Chick about how people are dying call her to their sides?
6. What does Chick say after breakfast that causes his mother to question him?
7. Who gave Chick his nickname?
8. What happens on the way to Chick's hometown?
9. What causes Chick's mother to stop playing her favorite record?
10. What question does the narrator pose at the end of the Introduction?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)