|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song does Chick recall that his mother liked when he was a child?
(a) Puppy Love.
(b) This Could Be the Start of Something Big.
(c) Are You Lonesome Tonight?
(d) Paper Roses.
2. Why did Chick and his sister have trouble accepting that their parents were going to get divorced?
(a) They always got back together.
(b) They often fought.
(c) They often spoke of separation.
(d) They often spent time apart.
3. What question does the narrator pose at the end of the Introduction?
(a) What if you got one day to be whoever you want.
(b) What if you got one day with a lost love.
(c) What if you got one day to repair all your mistakes.
(d) What if you got one day back with a dead loved one.
4. Which did Chick chose to be as a small child, a daddy's boy or a momma's boy?
(a) Momma's boy.
(b) Daddy's boy.
5. What does Posey do with this food?
(a) She gives it to a poor neighbor.
(b) She serves it for dinner.
(c) She throws it out.
(d) She eats it herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Chick's mother tell him she will have to take him to his ball game in Section 2: Part 1?
2. What did Len hope his son would do as an adult?
3. What does Chick stop at a convenience store to buy in Section 1?
4. What did Chick and his sister use to carve their initials into their mother's kitchen table?
5. Where did Posey met Len Benetto?
Short Essay Questions
1. What game does the narrator learn that Chick Benetto once played as a professional player?
2. What after school activity did Chick pick even after his father left?
3. Why does Chick Benetto drive toward his home town?
4. What did the narrator later find belonging to Chick Benetto that was used in writing this book?
5. What word did Chick's mother help Chick find the definition for despite his father's disapproval of her help?
6. Who does Chick see when he jumps from the water tower?
7. What impact does the setting have on Chick's family after the divorce?
8. Why did Chick's parents feel the need to get married quickly?
9. Why does the narrator say the story belongs to Chick Benetto?
10. Why did Chick have a problem with how his mother would leave him at school?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)