|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Chick sneak out of work in Section 1?
(a) He is unable to concentrate.
(b) He is sick.
(c) He is called away by a family emergency.
(d) He is hung over and depressed.
2. The narrator says every family is a what?
(a) A romance.
(b) A drama.
(c) A ghost story.
(d) A joke.
3. Where does Chick go after he wakes from his fall from the water tower?
(a) To his wife's home.
(b) To his current home.
(c) To his childhood home.
(d) To his daughter's home.
4. What did Chick's mother often slip to Chick whenever she dropped him off somewhere?
5. What does Chick stop at a convenience store to buy in Section 1?
(a) Soda pop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Chick tell Roberta the truth about Santa Claus that first Christmas after Len left the family?
2. What meal that Posey makes does Len Benetto often complain she cannot make properly?
3. What sport does the narrator claim the main character once played?
4. Where did Posey met Len Benetto?
5. What causes Chick to crash his car in Section 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does Posey give for dumping food given to the family by nuns down the disposal?
2. What does Chick say after breakfast that causes his mother to question him?
3. Why is the word please carved into the side of tree?
4. When did Chick say he felt he became a Mommy's boy?
5. What after school activity did Chick pick even after his father left?
6. What one thing does Chick recall always made his parents happy?
7. What offends Chick when a man calls his mother a divorcee?
8. Why did Posey refer to Chick as a Daddy's boy?
9. What did the narrator later find belonging to Chick Benetto that was used in writing this book?
10. Why did Chick's parents feel the need to get married quickly?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)