Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Posey create out of toilet paper for Chick's Halloween costume when he is six?
(a) A ghost.
(b) A marshmellow.
(c) A mummy.
(d) A frankenstein monster.
2. What does Chick find in the refrigerator of his mother's long empty house?
(a) Stolen computer parts.
(b) A rat.
3. What does Posey tell Chick this word is supposed to represent?
(a) A prayer for money to provide for her children.
(b) A prayer for a baby.
(c) A prayer for her children's safety.
(d) A prayer for a gentler husband.
4. Who does Chick find looking at him as he recovers from his jump in section 1?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His father.
5. Where does the narrator claim to have found the main character of this novel one Saturday morning?
(a) Mowing the lawn of his mother's house.
(b) In the bleachers of a Little League baseball field.
(c) On the railing of a water tower.
(d) Walking beside the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession does the narrator regret telling he/she currently work as?
2. What kind of story does the narrator suggest this novel is?
3. What does Chick think about his visit to his mother two years after her death?
4. Why does Chick Benetto believe he was not invited to this family event?
5. What does Posey do with this food?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Marie write in the memory book at her grandmother's funeral?
2. What draws Chick's attention to the table top in his mother's kitchen as his mother treats his wounds?
3. What do Posey and Chick talk about over dinner?
4. Who encouraged Chick to drop out of college?
5. What did the narrator later find belonging to Chick Benetto that was used in writing this book?
6. Who gave Chick his nickname?
7. Why was Posey fired from her job as a nurse?
8. What event caused Chick Benetto to lose faith in himself?
9. To whose wedding is Chick Benetto not invited?
10. What phrase does Chick feel describes him completely?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)