|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Posey tell Chick when he confesses his guilt to her on their one more day together?
(a) That she is angry with him for not being there with her.
(b) That children should not have to choose between parents.
(c) That he deserves what he gets.
(d) That all is forgiven and he should forgive himself.
2. What does Posey tell Chick about how she happens to visit people who are dying?
(a) Posey is a sort of guardian angel who goes to help people make the transition to death easier.
(b) Posey is called to people she offended in life to make amends as they die.
(c) They think of her and that calls her to their sides.
(d) God tells her who to visit.
3. What does Chick consider his best day during his college years?
(a) The day his sister joined him at college.
(b) The day he was scouted by a professional baseball team.
(c) The day his father walked back into his life.
(d) The day he met Catherine.
4. What day does Chick believe was one of the happiest of his mother's life?
(a) The day he got married.
(b) The day he began college.
(c) The day he graduated high school.
(d) The day he made his first homerun.
5. What would Posey tell her children when they would ask about patients she cared for who had died?
(a) That they no longer needed her care.
(b) That they were in a better place.
(c) That they no longer felt pain.
(d) That they went home.
6. What does Chick say is the best thing that ever happened to him in his career?
(a) He was made salesman of the year.
(b) He played in the Super Bowl.
(c) He played in the All-Star game.
(d) He played in the World Series.
7. Why would Chick pick up Roberta after school every day shortly after the divorce?
(a) Their mother was working.
(b) Posey was just too embarrassing.
(c) Roberta insisted.
(d) It was more convenient for him to do it.
8. From what team is the scout Chick meets after a game one day during college?
(a) Pittsburg Pirates.
(b) St. Louis Cardinals.
(c) Chicago White Socks.
(d) Texas Rangers.
9. What does Posey say a child who is embarrassed by is mother is?
(a) A child who needs a lesson in virtue.
(b) A child who is selfish.
(c) A child who needs a good spanking.
(d) A child who has not lived long enough.
10. What does Rose say when Posey asks about her children?
(a) They come to see her daily.
(b) They never come to see her.
(c) They check on her once a week, like a chore.
(d) They are all doing well, but in distant cities.
11. What did Miss Thelma do for the Benetto family when Chick was a little boy?
(b) Home repair.
12. What three things did Posey once tell Chick he needed to be successful?
(a) Belief, hard work, and love.
(b) Intelligence, hard work, and good support.
(c) Hard work, good money, and intelligence.
(d) Good support, lots of money, and love.
13. Who taught Chick how to shave?
(a) A boyfriend of his mother's.
(b) His father.
(c) An uncle.
(d) His mother.
14. How did Posey come to find out about the Italian woman?
(a) She got a phone call from the woman one day.
(b) She heard a rumor from a neighbor.
(c) She saw a picture of the woman in Len Benetto's wallet.
(d) She went to Collinswood where Len Benetto bought her a house.
15. What does Posey say to Chick when he asks why she never remarried after her divorce?
(a) Posey said she never met another man who could make her as happy as Len Benetto.
(b) Posey said she was happy with her kids and her grandchildren. Life goes by too fast.
(c) Posey said she never found a man the children would approve of.
(d) Posey said she did not want to change the family dynammic by brining in a stepfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession did Chick get into after baseball?
2. What voice does Chick hear as he goes to answer the door in his mother's house after their visit to Rose?
3. Who does Posey brag about as she works on Rose's hair?
4. What does Posey say children often do when they are hurting?
5. How does Chick come to accept the events taking place after he jumped from the water tower?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)