|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Posey stress to Chick as being the most important thing in his life while he is college?
(a) An education.
(b) Making money.
(c) His health.
2. What profession did Chick get into after baseball?
(a) Business owner.
(d) Computer programming.
3. Why did Miss Thelma call Chick chickadoodle-do?
(a) He often walked all over people.
(b) He looked like a rooster.
(c) He had a stutter that made he talk strangely.
(d) He often screamed for people from the backyard.
4. What does Chick learn about this woman that upsets him the most?
(a) She was a grandmother he never met.
(b) She was a sports reporter who could have helped his career.
(c) She was the reason his father left the family.
(d) She gave his father a son.
5. Why would Chick pick up Roberta after school every day shortly after the divorce?
(a) Posey was just too embarrassing.
(b) Their mother was working.
(c) Roberta insisted.
(d) It was more convenient for him to do it.
6. What did chick always think was important to a person's memory?
(a) The caliber of profession that followed his name.
(b) The woman he married.
(c) His surname.
(d) The children he left behind.
7. What three things did Posey once tell Chick he needed to be successful?
(a) Belief, hard work, and love.
(b) Good support, lots of money, and love.
(c) Hard work, good money, and intelligence.
(d) Intelligence, hard work, and good support.
8. Over dinner, what does Chick request his mother tell him about?
(a) Her family.
(b) Roberta's family.
(c) His father's family.
(d) Miss Thelma's family.
9. What request did Posey make for her own funeral after seeing the custom at Jewish funerals?
(a) That the mourners throw roses on her coffin.
(b) That the mourners throw shovels full of dirt on her coffin.
(c) That the mourners step on a peice of glass before her coffin.
(d) That the mourners bury her before sundown ont he day she died.
10. Why does Posey tell Chick in Section 3: Part 2 that she did not want to ask for money from his father?
(a) She did not need money.
(b) He did not have it.
(c) She was too proud.
(d) She did not need any more from him.
11. What would Posey tell her children when they would ask about patients she cared for who had died?
(a) That they were in a better place.
(b) That they no longer felt pain.
(c) That they went home.
(d) That they no longer needed her care.
12. Who is the Italian woman that Posey and Chick go to visit last?
(a) Len Benetto's wife.
(b) Len Benetto's cousin.
(c) Len Benetto's sister.
(d) Len Benetto's mother.
13. What does Chick say is the best thing that ever happened to him in his career?
(a) He was made salesman of the year.
(b) He played in the All-Star game.
(c) He played in the Super Bowl.
(d) He played in the World Series.
14. What does Miss Thelma say will be her legacy after she dies?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her reputation for hard work.
(c) Her friends.
(d) Her grandchildren's laughter.
15. What does Rose say is the only part of her that is still young?
(a) Her eyes.
(b) Her hearing.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Her heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chick imagine his mother saying to him as he performs the Jewish custom she requested at her funeral?
2. What does Posey insist she and Chick do after supper on their one more day together?
3. Why does Chick lie to his family about a trip out of town on his mother's birthday?
4. What does Posey tell Chick in a note just after he began college is not a license to be mean to girls?
5. Why did Posey say she wanted to include a unique Jewish custom at her own funeral?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)