|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rose say when Posey asks about her children?
(a) They come to see her daily.
(b) They check on her once a week, like a chore.
(c) They are all doing well, but in distant cities.
(d) They never come to see her.
2. What does Posey say children often do when they are hurting?
(a) Hurt others.
(b) Act out in school.
(c) Torture their siblings.
(d) Hide their feelings.
3. Why did Posey say she wanted to include a unique Jewish custom at her own funeral?
(a) To add something unique to her funeral.
(b) To reduce the cost of the funeral.
(c) To help the mourners let the body go and celebrate the spirit.
(d) To keep the mourners from getting bored.
4. What does Miss Thelma's family think she is doing?
(b) Talking to a friend on the phone.
(c) Working a crossword.
(d) Making dinner.
5. Who taught Chick how to shave?
(a) An uncle.
(b) A boyfriend of his mother's.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
6. What does Rose say is the only part of her that is still young?
(a) Her heart.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her hearing.
7. Who called Posey's house one afternoon while Chick was there in Section 4: Part 1?
(b) Len Benetto.
(d) Miss Thelma.
8. What is a short stay in baseball called?
(a) A glass of tequilla.
(b) A glass of milk.
(c) A cup of tea.
(d) A cup of coffee.
9. What does Chick learn about this woman that upsets him the most?
(a) She was a sports reporter who could have helped his career.
(b) She was a grandmother he never met.
(c) She was the reason his father left the family.
(d) She gave his father a son.
10. How does Chick Benetto feel that he lost his father?
(a) Chick turned his back on baseball.
(b) Chick was a poor salesman.
(c) Chick's father disliked Chick's wife.
(d) Chick drank too much and his father disapproved.
11. Who suddenly shows up at one of Chick's college baseball games, causing him to fight back emotion?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) Miss Thelma.
12. What does Posey insist she and Chick do after supper on their one more day together?
(a) Call Roberta.
(b) Have desert.
(c) Make a third visit.
(d) Walk on the beach.
13. What does Posey tell Chick in a note just after he began college is not a license to be mean to girls?
(a) His financial status.
(b) His intelligence.
(c) His athletic ability.
(d) His handsomness.
14. What three things did Posey once tell Chick he needed to be successful?
(a) Intelligence, hard work, and good support.
(b) Belief, hard work, and love.
(c) Hard work, good money, and intelligence.
(d) Good support, lots of money, and love.
15. Why does Chick not allow his mother to go up to his dorm room with him?
(a) He does not want her in his personal space.
(b) He does not want her to be oogled by his roommate.
(c) He is afraid she will make a fool of herself.
(d) He is embarrassed by her presence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chick say about this person his mother brags about while doing Rose's hair?
2. How does Chick come to accept the events taking place after he jumped from the water tower?
3. Why did Posey lose her job at the hospital?
4. What does Posey say a child who is embarrassed by is mother is?
5. What does Chick learn about his mother on his fake business trip that makes him regret leaving?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)