|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Posey tell her children when they would ask about patients she cared for who had died?
(a) That they went home.
(b) That they no longer felt pain.
(c) That they were in a better place.
(d) That they no longer needed her care.
2. What news does Rose mention she hear on the radio shortly before Posey and Chick come to visit?
(a) The president was shot.
(b) A bank had been robbed.
(c) There was an accident on the highway.
(d) Someone jumped from the water tower.
3. What does Chick say about this person his mother brags about while doing Rose's hair?
(a) She is not as great as his mother recalls.
(b) He is a drunk and a loser.
(c) She is ashamed of him.
(d) She no longer wants to be a part of his life.
4. From what team is the scout Chick meets after a game one day during college?
(a) Chicago White Socks.
(b) St. Louis Cardinals.
(c) Texas Rangers.
(d) Pittsburg Pirates.
5. What does Chick imagine his mother saying to him as he performs the Jewish custom she requested at her funeral?
(b) How could you?
(c) Could you do it a little better?
(d) Good boy.
6. When Chick's father asks to drive him home from a college baseball game, what does he do that causes Chick to feel all is right with the world?
(a) Shows respect for the coach.
(b) Offers to pay for a new glove.
(c) Apologizes for leaving the family.
(d) Explains his decision for not seeing Chick throughout his childhood.
7. What does Posey tell Chick when he confesses his guilt to her on their one more day together?
(a) That he deserves what he gets.
(b) That she is angry with him for not being there with her.
(c) That all is forgiven and he should forgive himself.
(d) That children should not have to choose between parents.
8. Why does Chick not allow his mother to go up to his dorm room with him?
(a) He does not want her to be oogled by his roommate.
(b) He is embarrassed by her presence.
(c) He is afraid she will make a fool of herself.
(d) He does not want her in his personal space.
9. Why did Chick believe his father stopped coming around after he quit baseball?
(a) Len moved away.
(b) Baseball was their only connection.
(c) Len did not like Chick's wife.
(d) Len was ashamed of Chick.
10. What does the caller say when Chick answers the phone at Rose's house?
(a) He asks for Rose's husband, but he is dead.
(b) He tries to sell Chick life insurance.
(c) He speaks Chick's name and says there was an accident.
(d) He says he is Rose's husband, but her husband is dead.
11. What does Posey insist she and Chick do after supper on their one more day together?
(a) Make a third visit.
(b) Call Roberta.
(c) Walk on the beach.
(d) Have desert.
12. What does Posey find in Chick's room when he is fourteen that causes a battle between the two?
13. What happens when Chick hears the strange voice a third and final time?
(a) Chick sees a white light and is separated from his mother.
(b) Chick returns to reality.
(d) Chick discovers it has all been a dream.
14. Who is the Italian woman that Posey and Chick go to visit last?
(a) Len Benetto's sister.
(b) Len Benetto's mother.
(c) Len Benetto's wife.
(d) Len Benetto's cousin.
15. Who suddenly shows up at one of Chick's college baseball games, causing him to fight back emotion?
(a) His father.
(b) His sister.
(c) His mother.
(d) Miss Thelma.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why would Chick pick up Roberta after school every day shortly after the divorce?
2. What did Chick's fourteen-year-old daughter write in the memory book at her grandmother's funeral?
3. Why does Chick lie to his family about a trip out of town on his mother's birthday?
4. How does Chick Benetto feel that he lost his father?
5. How did Posey come to find out about the Italian woman?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)