|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What profession did Chick get into after baseball?
(a) Business owner.
(b) Computer programming.
2. What request did Posey make for her own funeral after seeing the custom at Jewish funerals?
(a) That the mourners bury her before sundown ont he day she died.
(b) That the mourners throw shovels full of dirt on her coffin.
(c) That the mourners throw roses on her coffin.
(d) That the mourners step on a peice of glass before her coffin.
3. Who is the first woman Chick and Posey visit that day?
(a) The Italian woman.
(c) Miss Thelma.
4. What dish does this Italian woman make that Posey thinks Len Benetto always wanted over Posey's version of the same dish?
5. What did this caller in Section 4: Part 1 want from Chick?
(a) To sell him insurance.
(b) To give Posey a message.
(c) To play in an old-timers ball game.
(d) To offer him a job.
6. Over dinner, what does Chick request his mother tell him about?
(a) His father's family.
(b) Roberta's family.
(c) Her family.
(d) Miss Thelma's family.
7. After a night in which Posey thought she heard an intruder in the night, why does Chick say he will be angry with his mother until he leaves that house?
(a) He believes his mother did not protect him well enough.
(b) He believes it was his mother's fault they were all placed in that danger.
(c) He believes his father tried to come home and she sent him away.
(d) He believes his mother made up the story of an intruder to hide a boyfriend.
8. What does Posey tell Chick in a note just after he began college is not a license to be mean to girls?
(a) His athletic ability.
(b) His handsomness.
(c) His intelligence.
(d) His financial status.
9. Who taught Chick how to shave?
(a) An uncle.
(b) A boyfriend of his mother's.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
10. What does Chick learn about his mother on his fake business trip that makes him regret leaving?
(a) His mother has cancer.
(b) His mother had a heart attack.
(c) His mother was in a car accident.
(d) His mother fell and broke her hip.
11. What does Chick learn about his mother while he and she are visiting with Miss Thelma?
(a) That his mother lived with Miss Thelma for a short time in the past.
(b) That his mother and Miss Thelma cleaned houses together.
(c) That Miss Thelma is a distant relative.
(d) That his mother paid for Miss Thelma's cancer treatments.
12. In a note written to Chick on his wedding day, what does Posey say she knows Chick thinks of the notes?
(a) That they are stupid and a waste of time.
(b) That they are special.
(c) That they are silly.
(d) That they are well written.
13. How much longer after this injury did Chick continue to play baseball professionally?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Six months.
(c) Sixteen months.
(d) Six years.
14. What does Miss Thelma say will be her legacy after she dies?
(a) Her reputation for hard work.
(b) Her friends.
(c) Her grandchildren's laughter.
(d) Her children.
15. What does Posey say to Chick when he asks why she never remarried after her divorce?
(a) Posey said she did not want to change the family dynammic by brining in a stepfather.
(b) Posey said she never found a man the children would approve of.
(c) Posey said she never met another man who could make her as happy as Len Benetto.
(d) Posey said she was happy with her kids and her grandchildren. Life goes by too fast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Posey tell her children when they would ask about patients she cared for who had died?
2. Why would Chick pick up Roberta after school every day shortly after the divorce?
3. What does Chick notice as he, his mother, and Miss Thelma drive through town?
4. Who suddenly shows up at one of Chick's college baseball games, causing him to fight back emotion?
5. Why did Posey say she wanted to include a unique Jewish custom at her own funeral?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)