|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Posey stress to Chick as being the most important thing in his life while he is college?
(a) Making money.
(c) His health.
(d) An education.
2. How does Posey react when Chick asks if he can be with her if he dies?
(a) Now he wants to be with her.
(b) God will not allow it.
(c) No, she does not want him around.
(d) Sure, she would love the company.
3. Over dinner, what does Chick request his mother tell him about?
(a) His father's family.
(b) Her family.
(c) Miss Thelma's family.
(d) Roberta's family.
4. Who called Posey's house one afternoon while Chick was there in Section 4: Part 1?
(a) Len Benetto.
(d) Miss Thelma.
5. What does Posey tell Chick in a note just after he began college is not a license to be mean to girls?
(a) His intelligence.
(b) His athletic ability.
(c) His financial status.
(d) His handsomness.
6. Why did Chick believe his father stopped coming around after he quit baseball?
(a) Len was ashamed of Chick.
(b) Len did not like Chick's wife.
(c) Len moved away.
(d) Baseball was their only connection.
7. Why did Posey lose her job at the hospital?
(a) She was late too often.
(b) She was not a good nurse.
(c) She complained about a doctor's inappropriate behavior.
(d) She distracted the patients.
8. What does Posey say a child who is embarrassed by is mother is?
(a) A child who has not lived long enough.
(b) A child who needs a good spanking.
(c) A child who is selfish.
(d) A child who needs a lesson in virtue.
9. What does Chick learn about this woman that upsets him the most?
(a) She was a sports reporter who could have helped his career.
(b) She was a grandmother he never met.
(c) She was the reason his father left the family.
(d) She gave his father a son.
10. Who taught Chick how to shave?
(a) A boyfriend of his mother's.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) An uncle.
11. What kind of scholarship did Chick get to help pay for college?
(a) A baseball scholarship.
(b) An academic scholarship.
(c) A football scholarship.
(d) A track scholarship.
12. What does Posey insist she and Chick do after supper on their one more day together?
(a) Have desert.
(b) Make a third visit.
(c) Call Roberta.
(d) Walk on the beach.
13. What does Posey tell Chick when he confesses his guilt to her on their one more day together?
(a) That he deserves what he gets.
(b) That she is angry with him for not being there with her.
(c) That all is forgiven and he should forgive himself.
(d) That children should not have to choose between parents.
14. What does Miss Thelma say will be her legacy after she dies?
(a) Her friends.
(b) Her reputation for hard work.
(c) Her children.
(d) Her grandchildren's laughter.
15. What is the day that Chick wanted back?
(a) The birth of his daughter.
(b) His mother's seventy-ninth birthday.
(c) The day he quit baseball.
(d) The day his father left.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chick notice as he, his mother, and Miss Thelma drive through town?
2. What does Chick say about this person his mother brags about while doing Rose's hair?
3. Who does Posey brag about as she works on Rose's hair?
4. What does Miss Thelma's family think she is doing?
5. What does Chick say is the best thing that ever happened to him in his career?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)