|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what team is the scout Chick meets after a game one day during college?
(a) Pittsburg Pirates.
(b) Chicago White Socks.
(c) Texas Rangers.
(d) St. Louis Cardinals.
2. How does Chick come to accept the events taking place after he jumped from the water tower?
(a) He thought he had jumped through a time warp.
(b) He thinks he is dead.
(c) He called it temporary insanity.
(d) He decides it is a hallucination and he should go with it.
3. What did chick always think was important to a person's memory?
(a) The woman he married.
(b) His surname.
(c) The children he left behind.
(d) The caliber of profession that followed his name.
4. What does Posey tell Chick when he confesses his guilt to her on their one more day together?
(a) That she is angry with him for not being there with her.
(b) That children should not have to choose between parents.
(c) That all is forgiven and he should forgive himself.
(d) That he deserves what he gets.
5. What dish does this Italian woman make that Posey thinks Len Benetto always wanted over Posey's version of the same dish?
6. What does Chick imagine his mother saying to him as he performs the Jewish custom she requested at her funeral?
(a) Good boy.
(c) Could you do it a little better?
(d) How could you?
7. What does Chick's mother wear the day she drives him to his first day of college?
(a) A purple pantsuit.
(b) A nursing uniform.
(c) A business suit.
(d) A modest dress.
8. Why does Chick not allow his mother to go up to his dorm room with him?
(a) He is embarrassed by her presence.
(b) He is afraid she will make a fool of herself.
(c) He does not want her in his personal space.
(d) He does not want her to be oogled by his roommate.
9. Why did Posey lose her job at the hospital?
(a) She was not a good nurse.
(b) She distracted the patients.
(c) She complained about a doctor's inappropriate behavior.
(d) She was late too often.
10. Why did Miss Thelma call Chick chickadoodle-do?
(a) He often screamed for people from the backyard.
(b) He had a stutter that made he talk strangely.
(c) He looked like a rooster.
(d) He often walked all over people.
11. Who taught Chick how to shave?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) A boyfriend of his mother's.
(d) An uncle.
12. How did Catherine react two weeks after Posey's death to Chick's confession regarding the fake business trip?
(a) That he deserved to feel guilty.
(b) That he should go back and leave them alone.
(c) It no longer mattered.
(d) That he should have told her the truth to begin with.
13. What does Posey tell Chick about how she happens to visit people who are dying?
(a) Posey is called to people she offended in life to make amends as they die.
(b) Posey is a sort of guardian angel who goes to help people make the transition to death easier.
(c) They think of her and that calls her to their sides.
(d) God tells her who to visit.
14. How does Chick Benetto feel that he lost his father?
(a) Chick drank too much and his father disapproved.
(b) Chick was a poor salesman.
(c) Chick turned his back on baseball.
(d) Chick's father disliked Chick's wife.
15. What does Posey stress to Chick as being the most important thing in his life while he is college?
(b) Making money.
(c) An education.
(d) His health.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Posey say a child who is embarrassed by is mother is?
2. What voice does Chick hear as he goes to answer the door in his mother's house after their visit to Rose?
3. What does Chick learn about his mother while he and she are visiting with Miss Thelma?
4. When Chick's father asks to drive him home from a college baseball game, what does he do that causes Chick to feel all is right with the world?
5. What would Posey tell her children when they would ask about patients she cared for who had died?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)