|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Posey find in Chick's room when he is fourteen that causes a battle between the two?
2. What does Miss Thelma's family think she is doing?
(a) Working a crossword.
(c) Talking to a friend on the phone.
(d) Making dinner.
3. What does Chick's mother wear the day she drives him to his first day of college?
(a) A business suit.
(b) A modest dress.
(c) A purple pantsuit.
(d) A nursing uniform.
4. What does Chick consider his best day during his college years?
(a) The day he met Catherine.
(b) The day his father walked back into his life.
(c) The day his sister joined him at college.
(d) The day he was scouted by a professional baseball team.
5. What is a short stay in baseball called?
(a) A cup of coffee.
(b) A glass of milk.
(c) A cup of tea.
(d) A glass of tequilla.
6. Why does Posey tell Chick in Section 3: Part 2 that she did not want to ask for money from his father?
(a) He did not have it.
(b) She did not need any more from him.
(c) She was too proud.
(d) She did not need money.
7. What does Chick believe about his current circumstances now that he knows he is somewhere in limbo between life and death?
(a) That he is dying.
(b) That he is already dead.
(c) That he has had a mental breakdown.
(d) That he is really hallucinating.
8. What did Miss Thelma do for the Benetto family when Chick was a little boy?
(b) Home repair.
9. What does Posey insist she and Chick do after supper on their one more day together?
(a) Call Roberta.
(b) Have desert.
(c) Walk on the beach.
(d) Make a third visit.
10. Why did Posey say she wanted to include a unique Jewish custom at her own funeral?
(a) To keep the mourners from getting bored.
(b) To help the mourners let the body go and celebrate the spirit.
(c) To reduce the cost of the funeral.
(d) To add something unique to her funeral.
11. What kind of scholarship did Chick get to help pay for college?
(a) A baseball scholarship.
(b) A football scholarship.
(c) A track scholarship.
(d) An academic scholarship.
12. How did Posey come to find out about the Italian woman?
(a) She went to Collinswood where Len Benetto bought her a house.
(b) She heard a rumor from a neighbor.
(c) She saw a picture of the woman in Len Benetto's wallet.
(d) She got a phone call from the woman one day.
13. What does Chick learn about his mother on his fake business trip that makes him regret leaving?
(a) His mother had a heart attack.
(b) His mother fell and broke her hip.
(c) His mother was in a car accident.
(d) His mother has cancer.
14. Why did Posey lose her job at the hospital?
(a) She was late too often.
(b) She was not a good nurse.
(c) She complained about a doctor's inappropriate behavior.
(d) She distracted the patients.
15. What does Posey stress to Chick as being the most important thing in his life while he is college?
(a) Making money.
(b) His health.
(d) An education.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Chick's father asks to drive him home from a college baseball game, what does he do that causes Chick to feel all is right with the world?
2. What does Chick consider the worst day of his college career?
3. After a night in which Posey thought she heard an intruder in the night, why does Chick say he will be angry with his mother until he leaves that house?
4. Why does Chick lie to his family about a trip out of town on his mother's birthday?
5. What does Chick learn about this woman that upsets him the most?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)