|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of scholarship did Chick get to help pay for college?
(a) A track scholarship.
(b) A baseball scholarship.
(c) A football scholarship.
(d) An academic scholarship.
2. What does Rose say is the only part of her that is still young?
(a) Her hearing.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her heart.
3. What injury did Chick suffer during spring training while playing professional baseball?
(a) A knee injury.
(b) A broken arm.
(c) An elbow injury.
(d) A broken leg.
4. How did Catherine react two weeks after Posey's death to Chick's confession regarding the fake business trip?
(a) It no longer mattered.
(b) That he should go back and leave them alone.
(c) That he should have told her the truth to begin with.
(d) That he deserved to feel guilty.
5. What did Chick's fourteen-year-old daughter write in the memory book at her grandmother's funeral?
(a) When heaven is done with her, she would like her grandmother back.
(b) That she hopes her grandmother will finally find peace in heaven.
(c) That she is angry with God for stealing her grandmother away.
(d) That she thinks this whole thing is stupid.
6. Why did Chick believe his father stopped coming around after he quit baseball?
(a) Len did not like Chick's wife.
(b) Baseball was their only connection.
(c) Len was ashamed of Chick.
(d) Len moved away.
7. What one thing would Chick change about the day his mother died?
(a) That Maria found her.
(b) That he was not there.
(c) He could have saved her.
(d) That she died alone.
8. How did Posey come to find out about the Italian woman?
(a) She heard a rumor from a neighbor.
(b) She got a phone call from the woman one day.
(c) She went to Collinswood where Len Benetto bought her a house.
(d) She saw a picture of the woman in Len Benetto's wallet.
9. Who is the Italian woman that Posey and Chick go to visit last?
(a) Len Benetto's cousin.
(b) Len Benetto's sister.
(c) Len Benetto's mother.
(d) Len Benetto's wife.
10. What does Chick say when his mother asks about his wife, Catherine?
(a) He lies, saying they are still together.
(b) He lies, saying she is sick.
(d) They split up.
11. What does the caller say when Chick answers the phone at Rose's house?
(a) He asks for Rose's husband, but he is dead.
(b) He says he is Rose's husband, but her husband is dead.
(c) He speaks Chick's name and says there was an accident.
(d) He tries to sell Chick life insurance.
12. What would Posey tell her children when they would ask about patients she cared for who had died?
(a) That they no longer felt pain.
(b) That they no longer needed her care.
(c) That they were in a better place.
(d) That they went home.
13. What does Posey stress to Chick as being the most important thing in his life while he is college?
(a) Making money.
(b) His health.
(c) An education.
14. What does Posey find in Chick's room when he is fourteen that causes a battle between the two?
15. How much longer after this injury did Chick continue to play baseball professionally?
(a) Six years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Sixteen months.
(d) Six weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Posey say a child who is embarrassed by is mother is?
2. Who does Chick claim was a ghost throughout his childhood?
3. What does Rose say when Posey asks about her children?
4. Why does Chick calls his mother a hypocrite when she finds an item hidden in his sock drawer when he is only fourteen?
5. Who suddenly shows up at one of Chick's college baseball games, causing him to fight back emotion?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)