|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Miss Thelma do for the Benetto family when Chick was a little boy?
(a) Home repair.
2. How did Posey come to find out about the Italian woman?
(a) She heard a rumor from a neighbor.
(b) She went to Collinswood where Len Benetto bought her a house.
(c) She got a phone call from the woman one day.
(d) She saw a picture of the woman in Len Benetto's wallet.
3. What is the day that Chick wanted back?
(a) His mother's seventy-ninth birthday.
(b) The birth of his daughter.
(c) The day his father left.
(d) The day he quit baseball.
4. Who does Posey brag about as she works on Rose's hair?
(a) Chick, her son.
(b) Roberta, her daughter.
(c) Catherine, her daughter-in-law.
(d) Marie, her granddaughter.
5. What does Chick learn about his mother on his fake business trip that makes him regret leaving?
(a) His mother had a heart attack.
(b) His mother has cancer.
(c) His mother was in a car accident.
(d) His mother fell and broke her hip.
6. Who is the Italian woman that Posey and Chick go to visit last?
(a) Len Benetto's sister.
(b) Len Benetto's cousin.
(c) Len Benetto's wife.
(d) Len Benetto's mother.
7. What does Chick imagine his mother saying to him as he performs the Jewish custom she requested at her funeral?
(a) Could you do it a little better?
(b) How could you?
(d) Good boy.
8. Why did Chick believe his father stopped coming around after he quit baseball?
(a) Baseball was their only connection.
(b) Len moved away.
(c) Len was ashamed of Chick.
(d) Len did not like Chick's wife.
9. What does Posey tell Chick in a note just after he began college is not a license to be mean to girls?
(a) His intelligence.
(b) His handsomness.
(c) His financial status.
(d) His athletic ability.
10. What request did Posey make for her own funeral after seeing the custom at Jewish funerals?
(a) That the mourners bury her before sundown ont he day she died.
(b) That the mourners throw shovels full of dirt on her coffin.
(c) That the mourners throw roses on her coffin.
(d) That the mourners step on a peice of glass before her coffin.
11. What does Posey say to Chick when he asks why she never remarried after her divorce?
(a) Posey said she did not want to change the family dynammic by brining in a stepfather.
(b) Posey said she never found a man the children would approve of.
(c) Posey said she never met another man who could make her as happy as Len Benetto.
(d) Posey said she was happy with her kids and her grandchildren. Life goes by too fast.
12. What is the one thing Len Benetto ever said about Posey to Chick?
(a) She was selfish.
(b) She was unfaithful.
(c) She was a hardheaded woman.
(d) She was a nag.
13. What would Posey tell her children when they would ask about patients she cared for who had died?
(a) That they no longer needed her care.
(b) That they were in a better place.
(c) That they no longer felt pain.
(d) That they went home.
14. Why would Chick pick up Roberta after school every day shortly after the divorce?
(a) It was more convenient for him to do it.
(b) Roberta insisted.
(c) Posey was just too embarrassing.
(d) Their mother was working.
15. What does Rose say is the only part of her that is still young?
(a) Her eyes.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her heart.
(d) Her hearing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Posey stress to Chick as being the most important thing in his life while he is college?
2. How much longer after this injury did Chick continue to play baseball professionally?
3. What did this caller in Section 4: Part 1 want from Chick?
4. What does the caller say when Chick answers the phone at Rose's house?
5. What does Chick consider the worst day of his college career?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)