|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls down to Chick from upstairs as he stands in the kitchen of his mother's abandoned house in Section 2, Part 1?
(a) His mother.
(b) A homeless woman.
(c) A bum.
(d) His daughter.
2. Where does Chick go after he wakes from his fall from the water tower?
(a) To his current home.
(b) To his childhood home.
(c) To his wife's home.
(d) To his daughter's home.
3. What question does the narrator pose at the end of the Introduction?
(a) What if you got one day to repair all your mistakes.
(b) What if you got one day to be whoever you want.
(c) What if you got one day back with a dead loved one.
(d) What if you got one day with a lost love.
4. What profession does the narrator regret telling he/she currently work as?
(a) The narrator is a writer.
(b) The narrator is a lawyer.
(c) The narrator is a professional ball player.
(d) The narrator is a doctor.
5. What does Chick notice his car ran into and is now stopped underneath?
(a) A truck.
(b) A billboard for a Chevrolet dealership.
(c) A billboard for a new breakfast cereal.
(d) A school bus.
6. What does Posey do with this food?
(a) She eats it herself.
(b) She gives it to a poor neighbor.
(c) She throws it out.
(d) She serves it for dinner.
7. What sport does the narrator claim the main character once played?
8. What causes Chick to crash his car in Section 1?
(a) An animal that jumped in front of his car.
(b) His decision to go the wrong way down an on ramp.
(c) A car driving in the wrong direction.
(d) His decision to drink.
9. Where did Posey met Len Benetto?
(a) At church.
(b) At Pepperville Lake.
(c) At Galveston beach.
(d) At school.
10. What does Chick feel is unbalanced in the lists he made regarding his and his mother's love for one another?
(a) Chick feels he did not stand up enough for his mother.
(b) Chick feels his mother did not stand up enough for him.
(c) Chick feels he let both his parents down.
(d) Chick feels there is no unbalance.
11. In section 1, from what object does Chick decide to jump?
(a) A diving board.
(b) A private balcony.
(c) A water tower.
(d) A shopping mall.
12. What did the narrator stop to do on the way back to the airport in the Introduction?
(a) Have lunch.
(b) Get some coffee.
(c) Buy an ice cream.
(d) Visit the beach.
13. Why did Chick and his sister have trouble accepting that their parents were going to get divorced?
(a) They often spoke of separation.
(b) They always got back together.
(c) They often fought.
(d) They often spent time apart.
14. What does the main character think the narrator wants to know about him?
(a) Why he attempted suicide.
(b) Why he left his familiy.
(c) Why he drank and drove.
(d) Why his mother died.
15. What meal does Posey fix for Chick in the present as he sits at the kitchen table?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Posey say when Chick tells her she died?
2. Who supposedly played in the World Series?
3. What does Posey remind Chick to do as he eats?
4. Why did Posey choose a tree to place her prayer in?
5. When is the first time Chick heard the word divorcee as a child?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)