Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Posey create out of toilet paper for Chick's Halloween costume when he is six?
(a) A ghost.
(b) A marshmellow.
(c) A mummy.
(d) A frankenstein monster.
2. What does Chick find in the refrigerator of his mother's long empty house?
(a) Stolen computer parts.
(b) A rat.
3. What does Posey tell Chick this word is supposed to represent?
(a) A prayer for money to provide for her children.
(b) A prayer for a baby.
(c) A prayer for her children's safety.
(d) A prayer for a gentler husband.
4. Who does Chick find looking at him as he recovers from his jump in section 1?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His father.
5. Where does the narrator claim to have found the main character of this novel one Saturday morning?
(a) Mowing the lawn of his mother's house.
(b) In the bleachers of a Little League baseball field.
(c) On the railing of a water tower.
(d) Walking beside the river.
6. What profession does the narrator regret telling he/she currently work as?
(a) The narrator is a writer.
(b) The narrator is a professional ball player.
(c) The narrator is a lawyer.
(d) The narrator is a doctor.
7. What kind of story does the narrator suggest this novel is?
(a) A ghost story.
(b) A mystery.
(c) A family drama.
(d) A romance.
8. What does Chick think about his visit to his mother two years after her death?
(a) Chick believes he has died.
(b) Chick does not question it at all.
(c) Chick begins to question his perceptions.
(d) Chick believes he is having an alcohol induced hallucination.
9. Why does Chick Benetto believe he was not invited to this family event?
(a) His attitude made him unwelcome.
(b) His drinking made him an embarrassment.
(c) He does not get along with his extended family.
(d) He does not get along with his ex-wife.
10. What does Posey do with this food?
(a) She eats it herself.
(b) She gives it to a poor neighbor.
(c) She serves it for dinner.
(d) She throws it out.
11. What did Chick and his sister use to carve their initials into their mother's kitchen table?
(b) Steak knives.
(c) Razor blades.
(d) Pocket knives.
12. Why does Chick claim he did not check on the driver of the truck involved in his accident?
(a) He did not have the courage.
(b) He could see the driver was already out of the car and calling the police.
(c) He could see the driver was fine.
(d) He did not want to be arrested for drunk driving.
13. How late for work was Chick on the Monday morning after receiving the evidence of the family event he missed?
(a) One hour.
(b) Four hours.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Two hours.
14. Where did Posey met Len Benetto?
(a) At Galveston beach.
(b) At Pepperville Lake.
(c) At school.
(d) At church.
15. Why does Chick believe Posey lost all her friends after the divorce?
(a) She became depressed and unplesant to be around.
(b) No one wanted to associate with a divorcee.
(c) Other women were threatened by her charm and beauty.
(d) Everyone sided with Len.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who notices the narrator in the Introduction as the narrator watches the action going on?
2. How did Posey often spend holidays after the divorce?
3. What did Len hope his son would do as an adult?
4. In section 1, from what object does Chick decide to jump?
5. What did Posey and Len fight about most often when Chick was a child?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)