|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chick intend to do once he arrives at his destination in Section 2: Part 1?
(a) To drink some more.
(b) To kill himself.
(c) To speak to his wife.
(d) To speak to his daughter.
2. What family event was Chick Benetto not invited to?
(a) His mother's funeral.
(b) His father's funeral.
(c) His daughter's wedding.
(d) His sister's wedding.
3. Who came to Chick's defense when the librarian refused to allow him to check out the book he wanted?
(a) His friend.
(b) His mother.
(c) His teacher.
(d) His father.
4. What musical object does Chick compare small towns to?
(a) Violin string.
(b) Clarinet reed.
(d) Piano key.
5. Why did Posey choose a tree to place her prayer in?
(a) Trees have special meaning in her religion.
(b) The tree was just convenient.
(c) Trees are God's favorite vegetation.
(d) Trees spend all day looking up at God.
6. What does Posey say when Chick tells her she died?
(a) He has a wild imgination.
(b) It was a mistake.
(c) He makes too much of things.
(d) It was just a bad dream.
7. What causes Chick to crash his car in Section 1?
(a) His decision to go the wrong way down an on ramp.
(b) An animal that jumped in front of his car.
(c) A car driving in the wrong direction.
(d) His decision to drink.
8. What word does Posey show Chick carved into the tree?
9. What does Chick notice his car ran into and is now stopped underneath?
(a) A truck.
(b) A billboard for a Chevrolet dealership.
(c) A billboard for a new breakfast cereal.
(d) A school bus.
10. What did Posey want Chick to do as an adult?
(a) To take over his father's liquor stores.
(b) To be a ball player.
(c) To be well educated.
(d) To be a priest.
11. What does Chick think about his visit to his mother two years after her death?
(a) Chick believes he is having an alcohol induced hallucination.
(b) Chick does not question it at all.
(c) Chick begins to question his perceptions.
(d) Chick believes he has died.
12. How did Roberta hide the carvings she and Chick made in their mother's kitchen table when their mother returned from work?
(a) A gallon of ice cream.
(b) A gallon of milk.
(c) A gallon of apple juice.
(d) A gallon of koolaide.
13. Why does Chick tell Roberta the truth about Santa Claus that first Christmas after Len left the family?
(a) He thinks believing in Santa is childish.
(b) He misses his dad and does not want his mother to try to take her place.
(c) He thinks Posey is trying to trick them.
(d) He believes that believing in Santa is hurting Roberta.
14. Why does Chick believe Posey lost all her friends after the divorce?
(a) Other women were threatened by her charm and beauty.
(b) Everyone sided with Len.
(c) No one wanted to associate with a divorcee.
(d) She became depressed and unplesant to be around.
15. What did Chick and his sister use to carve their initials into their mother's kitchen table?
(a) Steak knives.
(b) Razor blades.
(c) Pocket knives.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the first time Chick heard the word divorcee as a child?
2. Where did Posey met Len Benetto?
3. What does the main character think the narrator wants to know about him?
4. Why does Chick recall that his mother barked at a neighborhood dog?
5. What phrase does Chick feel fits him well?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)