|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What request did Posey make for her own funeral after seeing the custom at Jewish funerals?
(a) That the mourners bury her before sundown ont he day she died.
(b) That the mourners throw roses on her coffin.
(c) That the mourners step on a peice of glass before her coffin.
(d) That the mourners throw shovels full of dirt on her coffin.
2. Who notices the narrator in the Introduction as the narrator watches the action going on?
(a) A kid pitching a ball.
(b) An old man mowing the grass.
(c) An old man visiting his wife's grave.
(d) A kid building a sand castle.
3. Why does Chick Benetto believe he was not invited to this family event?
(a) His drinking made him an embarrassment.
(b) His attitude made him unwelcome.
(c) He does not get along with his extended family.
(d) He does not get along with his ex-wife.
4. What was it that Chick insists his father always had in mind?
(a) A plan.
(b) A scheme to get rich.
(d) A list.
5. What does Posey stress to Chick as being the most important thing in his life while he is college?
(b) An education.
(c) Making money.
(d) His health.
Short Answer Questions
1. What line does Chick Benetto feel he crossed?
2. Who supposedly attempted to kill himself/herself?
3. Where does Chick find himself when his mother disappears?
4. How did Chick Benetto die three years after his conversation with the narrator?
5. Why did a librarian tell Chick he could not read 20,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA by Jules Verne?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)