|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who notices the narrator in the Introduction as the narrator watches the action going on?
(a) An old man visiting his wife's grave.
(b) An old man mowing the grass.
(c) A kid building a sand castle.
(d) A kid pitching a ball.
2. Why does Chick lie to his family about a trip out of town on his mother's birthday?
(a) So he can escape a boring party.
(b) So he can play in a baseball game.
(c) So he can see his mistress.
(d) So he can sneak out to get a surprise gift.
3. What does Posey say children often do when they are hurting?
(a) Hurt others.
(b) Torture their siblings.
(c) Act out in school.
(d) Hide their feelings.
4. Why does Chick's mother tell him she will have to take him to his ball game in Section 2: Part 1?
(a) His father did not want to.
(b) His father was out of town.
(c) His father was gone.
(d) His father had an accident.
5. What does Chick consider the worst day of his college career?
(a) The day he flunked out.
(b) The day he dropped out to become a professional ball player.
(c) The day his sister dropped out.
(d) The day his father stopped coming to his games.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the narrator come to Pepperville Beach?
2. What does Chick consider his best day during his college years?
3. From what team is the scout Chick meets after a game one day during college?
4. What did Chick and his sister use to carve their initials into their mother's kitchen table?
5. What question does Posey ask Chick that causes him to insist that her being in the kitchen eight years after her death is impossible?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)