|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the first time Chick heard the word divorcee as a child?
(a) When his mother said it to a friend.
(b) When his father said it after a baseball game.
(c) When the housekeeper said it to his mother.
(d) When his father said it about his mother.
2. Who supposedly played in the World Series?
(a) Chick Benetto.
(b) The old man at the cemetery.
(c) The old man at the beach.
(d) Len Benetto.
3. What does Posey tell Chick he has to do now that the day is over?
(a) Go speak to God.
(b) Return to make amends with his wife and daughter.
4. Who does the narrator reveal herself to be?
(c) The Italian woman.
5. What does Rose say when Posey asks about her children?
(a) They never come to see her.
(b) They come to see her daily.
(c) They check on her once a week, like a chore.
(d) They are all doing well, but in distant cities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Posey say children often do when they are hurting?
2. Why did Posey say she wanted to include a unique Jewish custom at her own funeral?
3. What causes Chick to crash his car in Section 1?
4. What did Chick and his sister use to carve their initials into their mother's kitchen table?
5. What request did Posey make for her own funeral after seeing the custom at Jewish funerals?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)