|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Posey choose a tree to place her prayer in?
(a) Trees are God's favorite vegetation.
(b) Trees spend all day looking up at God.
(c) Trees have special meaning in her religion.
(d) The tree was just convenient.
2. What meal that Posey makes does Len Benetto often complain she cannot make properly?
3. What does Posey find in Chick's room when he is fourteen that causes a battle between the two?
4. During a night of heavy drinking, where does Chick decide to go?
(a) Boston, his wife's hometown.
(b) Los Angeles, his sister's home.
(c) Pepperville Beach, his hometown.
(d) New York, his daughter's home.
5. What sport does the narrator claim the main character once played?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Posey often spend holidays after the divorce?
2. How does Chick Benetto feel that he lost his father?
3. What does Chick stop at a convenience store to buy in Section 1?
4. What kind of story does the narrator suggest this novel is?
5. After a night in which Posey thought she heard an intruder in the night, why does Chick say he will be angry with his mother until he leaves that house?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)