|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chick not want to be, what frightens him about his death?
(a) That he will be remembered as a failure.
(b) That he will be remembered as the man who alienated his child.
(c) That he will be remembered as ordinary.
(d) That he will be remembered as a drunk.
2. Who came to Chick's defense when the librarian refused to allow him to check out the book he wanted?
(a) His mother.
(b) His teacher.
(c) His father.
(d) His friend.
3. What did the narrator later find that added to the narrator's information used to write this novel?
(a) Personal notes and legal papers.
(b) A diary.
(c) Personal notes and a journal.
(d) Newspaper articles and death certificates.
4. Why does the narrator claim they chose to write the novel in another person's voice?
(a) To make it more believable.
(b) To make it more suspenseful.
(c) To make it more romantic.
(d) To add to the mystery.
5. What does Chick say about this person his mother brags about while doing Rose's hair?
(a) She is ashamed of him.
(b) She is not as great as his mother recalls.
(c) She no longer wants to be a part of his life.
(d) He is a drunk and a loser.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chick come to accept the events taking place after he jumped from the water tower?
2. How did Posey often spend holidays after the divorce?
3. What does Chick notice as he, his mother, and Miss Thelma drive through town?
4. What does Chick say is the best thing that ever happened to him in his career?
5. What did Miss Thelma do for the Benetto family when Chick was a little boy?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)