|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What one thing did Chick notice his parents did together that seemed to make them both happy?
2. Why does Chick admit he continued to play baseball all through his childhood?
(a) He hoped it would teach him the values his father should have taught him.
(b) He hoped it would mean a way out of his mother's house.
(c) He hoped it would help him become rich and famous.
(d) He hoped it would bring his father back into his life.
3. What does Chick believe about his current circumstances now that he knows he is somewhere in limbo between life and death?
(a) That he is already dead.
(b) That he is dying.
(c) That he is really hallucinating.
(d) That he has had a mental breakdown.
4. What does Rose say when Posey asks about her children?
(a) They come to see her daily.
(b) They check on her once a week, like a chore.
(c) They never come to see her.
(d) They are all doing well, but in distant cities.
5. What did Posey want Chick to do as an adult?
(a) To be a ball player.
(b) To be a priest.
(c) To be well educated.
(d) To take over his father's liquor stores.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Chick and his sister have trouble accepting that their parents were going to get divorced?
2. What does Rose say is the only part of her that is still young?
3. What question does the narrator pose at the end of the Introduction?
4. What did the narrator later find that added to the narrator's information used to write this novel?
5. Who notices the narrator in the Introduction as the narrator watches the action going on?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)