|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would Chick pick up Roberta after school every day shortly after the divorce?
(a) It was more convenient for him to do it.
(b) Their mother was working.
(c) Roberta insisted.
(d) Posey was just too embarrassing.
2. What does the caller say when Chick answers the phone at Rose's house?
(a) He asks for Rose's husband, but he is dead.
(b) He says he is Rose's husband, but her husband is dead.
(c) He tries to sell Chick life insurance.
(d) He speaks Chick's name and says there was an accident.
3. Why does Chick sneak out of work in Section 1?
(a) He is sick.
(b) He is unable to concentrate.
(c) He is called away by a family emergency.
(d) He is hung over and depressed.
4. Who calls down to Chick from upstairs as he stands in the kitchen of his mother's abandoned house in Section 2, Part 1?
(a) His daughter.
(b) A bum.
(c) A homeless woman.
(d) His mother.
5. Who supposedly attempted to kill himself/herself?
(a) Posey Benetto.
(b) Len Benetto.
(c) Marie Benetto.
(d) Chick Benetto.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Posey do with this food?
2. Why does Chick admit he continued to play baseball all through his childhood?
3. What question does Posey ask Chick that causes him to insist that her being in the kitchen eight years after her death is impossible?
4. What does Posey remind Chick to do as he eats?
5. After a night in which Posey thought she heard an intruder in the night, why does Chick say he will be angry with his mother until he leaves that house?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)