|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chick learn about his mother while he and she are visiting with Miss Thelma?
(a) That Miss Thelma is a distant relative.
(b) That his mother and Miss Thelma cleaned houses together.
(c) That his mother paid for Miss Thelma's cancer treatments.
(d) That his mother lived with Miss Thelma for a short time in the past.
2. What did Miss Thelma do for the Benetto family when Chick was a little boy?
(c) Home repair.
3. Who came to Chick's defense when the librarian refused to allow him to check out the book he wanted?
(a) His friend.
(b) His teacher.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
4. What one word was the only one Chick could manage to say when his mother, who had been dead eight years, entered the kitchen in Section 2: Part 2?
5. What phrase does Chick feel fits him well?
(a) Tiime will tell.
(b) Blundering back to God.
(c) Life is a beach.
(d) Poor truant, passionate fool.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one thing Len Benetto ever said about Posey to Chick?
2. What musical object does Chick compare small towns to?
3. What does Chick think about his visit to his mother two years after her death?
4. Why did Chick Benetto once wish his mother would leave him alone?
5. What does Chick believe about his current circumstances now that he knows he is somewhere in limbo between life and death?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)