|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator claim the story from this novel belongs to?
(a) Pauline 'Posey' Benetto.
(b) Charles 'Chick' Benetto.
(c) Maria Benetto.
(d) Len Benetto.
2. How did Roberta hide the carvings she and Chick made in their mother's kitchen table when their mother returned from work?
(a) A gallon of apple juice.
(b) A gallon of ice cream.
(c) A gallon of milk.
(d) A gallon of koolaide.
3. The narrator says every family is a what?
(a) A ghost story.
(b) A romance.
(c) A drama.
(d) A joke.
4. What day does Chick believe was one of the happiest of his mother's life?
(a) The day he made his first homerun.
(b) The day he graduated high school.
(c) The day he got married.
(d) The day he began college.
5. Why does Chick admit he continued to play baseball all through his childhood?
(a) He hoped it would help him become rich and famous.
(b) He hoped it would bring his father back into his life.
(c) He hoped it would mean a way out of his mother's house.
(d) He hoped it would teach him the values his father should have taught him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Chick tell Roberta the truth about Santa Claus that first Christmas after Len left the family?
2. What did Posey want Chick to do as an adult?
3. Why can Posey not find another nursing job?
4. What happens when Miss Thelma's grandchildren come into her bedroom?
5. What question does Posey ask Chick that causes him to insist that her being in the kitchen eight years after her death is impossible?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)