|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the narrator come to Pepperville Beach?
(a) To bury a relative.
(b) To close on a house that had been in the family for years.
(c) To buy a house.
(d) To visit a relative.
2. Who does Posey brag about as she works on Rose's hair?
(a) Catherine, her daughter-in-law.
(b) Roberta, her daughter.
(c) Marie, her granddaughter.
(d) Chick, her son.
3. Why did Posey choose a tree to place her prayer in?
(a) The tree was just convenient.
(b) Trees have special meaning in her religion.
(c) Trees spend all day looking up at God.
(d) Trees are God's favorite vegetation.
4. What question does the narrator pose at the end of the Introduction?
(a) What if you got one day to repair all your mistakes.
(b) What if you got one day back with a dead loved one.
(c) What if you got one day to be whoever you want.
(d) What if you got one day with a lost love.
5. What family event was Chick Benetto not invited to?
(a) His mother's funeral.
(b) His daughter's wedding.
(c) His father's funeral.
(d) His sister's wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rose say is the only part of her that is still young?
2. How many visits does Posey tell Chick she must make that day?
3. What does Chick say when his mother asks about his wife, Catherine?
4. Who suddenly shows up at one of Chick's college baseball games, causing him to fight back emotion?
5. Why did Chick and his sister have trouble accepting that their parents were going to get divorced?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)