|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What voice does Chick hear as he goes to answer the door in his mother's house after their visit to Rose?
(a) A ghost calling to his mother.
(b) A bill collector at the door.
(c) A man claiming to be a police officer.
(d) An old friend from his childhood.
2. Why did a librarian tell Chick he could not read 20,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA by Jules Verne?
(a) He did not have a library card.
(b) It was to easy for him.
(c) It was too hard for him.
(d) He was disrespectful to books.
3. Why did Posey choose a tree to place her prayer in?
(a) Trees are God's favorite vegetation.
(b) The tree was just convenient.
(c) Trees have special meaning in her religion.
(d) Trees spend all day looking up at God.
4. What did chick always think was important to a person's memory?
(a) His surname.
(b) The children he left behind.
(c) The woman he married.
(d) The caliber of profession that followed his name.
5. What does the narrator claim to have spent part of her career doing?
(a) Writing romances.
(b) Writing mysteries.
(c) Writing about sports.
(d) Writing ghost stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chick stop at a convenience store to buy in Section 1?
2. In section 1, from what object does Chick decide to jump?
3. What does Posey say a child who is embarrassed by is mother is?
4. What does Chick learn about his mother while he and she are visiting with Miss Thelma?
5. What phrase does Chick feel fits him well?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)