|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings food to Chick with instructions that he take it home to his family shortly after his parents' divorce?
(a) A couple of nuns.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) A local teacher.
(d) A priest.
2. Why did Chick and his sister have trouble accepting that their parents were going to get divorced?
(a) They often spent time apart.
(b) They always got back together.
(c) They often fought.
(d) They often spoke of separation.
3. In section 1, from what object does Chick decide to jump?
(a) A water tower.
(b) A private balcony.
(c) A shopping mall.
(d) A diving board.
4. Why does Chick claim he did not check on the driver of the truck involved in his accident?
(a) He did not want to be arrested for drunk driving.
(b) He could see the driver was already out of the car and calling the police.
(c) He did not have the courage.
(d) He could see the driver was fine.
5. During a night of heavy drinking, where does Chick decide to go?
(a) Los Angeles, his sister's home.
(b) Boston, his wife's hometown.
(c) Pepperville Beach, his hometown.
(d) New York, his daughter's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chick Benetto receive that informs him of this family event he missed?
2. Where does the narrator claim to have found the main character of this novel one Saturday morning?
3. What does Chick intend to do once he arrives at his destination in Section 2: Part 1?
4. Who calls down to Chick from upstairs as he stands in the kitchen of his mother's abandoned house in Section 2, Part 1?
5. Who supposedly attempted to kill himself/herself?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)