|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator see that draws her to the place where she will meet the main character of the novel?
(a) Old men tossing a ball around.
(b) Kids in purple t-shirts pitching and hitting.
(c) A flower filled cemetery.
(d) Kids playing on the beach.
2. What causes Chick to crash his car in Section 1?
(a) His decision to go the wrong way down an on ramp.
(b) An animal that jumped in front of his car.
(c) A car driving in the wrong direction.
(d) His decision to drink.
3. Why does Posey ask Chick to put on his coat after he has finished eating?
(a) She is taking him to the hospital.
(b) She wants him to leave her alone.
(c) She has visits to make.
(d) She is sending him to the store.
4. In section 1, from what object does Chick decide to jump?
(a) A private balcony.
(b) A diving board.
(c) A shopping mall.
(d) A water tower.
5. What did Chick and his sister use to carve their initials into their mother's kitchen table?
(a) Steak knives.
(b) Razor blades.
(d) Pocket knives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Posey met Len Benetto?
2. The narrator says every family is a what?
3. Why did Chick and his sister have trouble accepting that their parents were going to get divorced?
4. Who told Chick Benetto she was sorry he did not get a chance to say good-bye before his mother died?
5. What one word was the only one Chick could manage to say when his mother, who had been dead eight years, entered the kitchen in Section 2: Part 2?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)