|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the main character think the narrator wants to know about him?
(a) Why he drank and drove.
(b) Why he left his familiy.
(c) Why his mother died.
(d) Why he attempted suicide.
2. What does Chick feel is unbalanced in the lists he made regarding his and his mother's love for one another?
(a) Chick feels he let both his parents down.
(b) Chick feels there is no unbalance.
(c) Chick feels his mother did not stand up enough for him.
(d) Chick feels he did not stand up enough for his mother.
3. Where does Chick go after he wakes from his fall from the water tower?
(a) To his daughter's home.
(b) To his childhood home.
(c) To his wife's home.
(d) To his current home.
4. What kind of story does the narrator suggest this novel is?
(a) A mystery.
(b) A ghost story.
(c) A romance.
(d) A family drama.
5. What does Posey say when Chick tells her she died?
(a) He has a wild imgination.
(b) He makes too much of things.
(c) It was just a bad dream.
(d) It was a mistake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Posey tell Chick this word is supposed to represent?
2. Who does the narrator claim the story from this novel belongs to?
3. What causes Chick to crash his car in Section 1?
4. What did the narrator stop to do on the way back to the airport in the Introduction?
5. Where does the narrator claim to have found the main character of this novel one Saturday morning?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)