|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chick Benetto receive that informs him of this family event he missed?
(a) A letter.
(b) Wedding photos.
(c) A delayed invitation.
(d) A newspaper announcement.
2. How late for work was Chick on the Monday morning after receiving the evidence of the family event he missed?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Four hours.
(c) Three hours.
(d) One hour.
3. Why does Chick recall that his mother barked at a neighborhood dog?
(a) To make him laugh.
(b) To teach the dog not to mess with people.
(c) To teach him that you have to show a bully whose boss.
(d) To make his sister laugh.
4. Who dresses up as Santa on the first Christmas after Len Benetto left his family?
(a) Posey's boyfriend.
(b) Miss Thelma.
5. Why did Len Benetto often spend long chunks of time away from his family?
(a) To visit with liquor distributors and to manage his new store in a town an hour away.
(b) To spend time with his biological family.
(c) To spend time with his friends.
(d) To help reduce the friction at home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Chick go after he wakes from his fall from the water tower?
2. Who brings food to Chick with instructions that he take it home to his family shortly after his parents' divorce?
3. What word does Posey show Chick carved into the tree?
4. What does Posey say when Chick tells her she died?
5. What question does the narrator pose at the end of the Introduction?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)