|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator claim to have found the main character of this novel one Saturday morning?
(a) On the railing of a water tower.
(b) In the bleachers of a Little League baseball field.
(c) Mowing the lawn of his mother's house.
(d) Walking beside the river.
2. Who supposedly attempted to kill himself/herself?
(a) Posey Benetto.
(b) Marie Benetto.
(c) Len Benetto.
(d) Chick Benetto.
3. Why does Chick claim he did not check on the driver of the truck involved in his accident?
(a) He could see the driver was already out of the car and calling the police.
(b) He could see the driver was fine.
(c) He did not want to be arrested for drunk driving.
(d) He did not have the courage.
4. What does Chick Benetto blame for the destruction of his marriage?
(a) Infidelity on his part.
(b) Money troubles and his excessive drinking.
(c) Money troubles and her excessive drinking.
(d) Infidelity on her part.
5. How did Len Benetto propose to Posey?
(a) In a letter from Italy.
(b) At their favorite Italian restaurant.
(c) At the same place where they met.
(d) In a note scribbled in class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What meal that Posey makes does Len Benetto often complain she cannot make properly?
2. What did the narrator stop to do on the way back to the airport in the Introduction?
3. What does Chick find in the refrigerator of his mother's long empty house?
4. Which did Chick chose to be as a small child, a daddy's boy or a momma's boy?
5. Who does Chick find looking at him as he recovers from his jump in section 1?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)