|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator tell the reader in the Introduction that they might not believe the story?
(a) The story is not true.
(b) The story revolves around the main characters one day visit with his dead mother.
(c) The narrator does not believe the story.
(d) The story is unusual.
2. What profession does the narrator regret telling he/she currently work as?
(a) The narrator is a writer.
(b) The narrator is a doctor.
(c) The narrator is a professional ball player.
(d) The narrator is a lawyer.
3. What question does the narrator pose at the end of the Introduction?
(a) What if you got one day to be whoever you want.
(b) What if you got one day to repair all your mistakes.
(c) What if you got one day with a lost love.
(d) What if you got one day back with a dead loved one.
4. Why did Chick and his sister have trouble accepting that their parents were going to get divorced?
(a) They often spoke of separation.
(b) They often fought.
(c) They often spent time apart.
(d) They always got back together.
5. What does Chick intend to do once he arrives at his destination in Section 2: Part 1?
(a) To drink some more.
(b) To speak to his wife.
(c) To kill himself.
(d) To speak to his daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Chick Benetto once wish his mother would leave him alone?
2. Why does Chick sneak out of work in Section 1?
3. What does the main character think the narrator wants to know about him?
4. What line does Chick Benetto feel he crossed?
5. During a night of heavy drinking, where does Chick decide to go?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)