|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Chick and his sister use to carve their initials into their mother's kitchen table?
(a) Pocket knives.
(b) Steak knives.
(d) Razor blades.
2. What did the narrator stop to do on the way back to the airport in the Introduction?
(a) Buy an ice cream.
(b) Visit the beach.
(c) Get some coffee.
(d) Have lunch.
3. What question does the narrator pose at the end of the Introduction?
(a) What if you got one day with a lost love.
(b) What if you got one day to repair all your mistakes.
(c) What if you got one day back with a dead loved one.
(d) What if you got one day to be whoever you want.
4. What does the narrator see that draws her to the place where she will meet the main character of the novel?
(a) Kids playing on the beach.
(b) A flower filled cemetery.
(c) Old men tossing a ball around.
(d) Kids in purple t-shirts pitching and hitting.
5. Why does Posey ask Chick to repeat himself when he tells her thank you for the meal?
(a) She wants to hear his voice.
(b) She wants to savor the words.
(c) She is hard of hearing.
(d) She is surprised by his unusual gratitude.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator says every family is a what?
2. What does Posey remind Chick to do as he eats?
3. Why did a librarian tell Chick he could not read 20,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA by Jules Verne?
4. Who supposedly played in the World Series?
5. What does Chick notice his car ran into and is now stopped underneath?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)