|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Len hope his son would do as an adult?
(a) Become a doctor.
(b) Become a dentist.
(c) Take over his liquor stores.
(d) Make the major leagues.
2. What one word was the only one Chick could manage to say when his mother, who had been dead eight years, entered the kitchen in Section 2: Part 2?
3. Why does Chick sneak out of work in Section 1?
(a) He is hung over and depressed.
(b) He is unable to concentrate.
(c) He is called away by a family emergency.
(d) He is sick.
4. What meal that Posey makes does Len Benetto often complain she cannot make properly?
5. Where did Posey met Len Benetto?
(a) At Galveston beach.
(b) At school.
(c) At church.
(d) At Pepperville Lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator claim they chose to write the novel in another person's voice?
2. Why does Posey ask Chick to put on his coat after he has finished eating?
3. What meal does Posey fix for Chick in the present as he sits at the kitchen table?
4. Who does the narrator claim the story from this novel belongs to?
5. What did Posey and Len fight about most often when Chick was a child?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)