|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chick Benetto blame for the destruction of his marriage?
(a) Infidelity on her part.
(b) Money troubles and his excessive drinking.
(c) Infidelity on his part.
(d) Money troubles and her excessive drinking.
2. How did Len Benetto propose to Posey?
(a) At the same place where they met.
(b) In a note scribbled in class.
(c) In a letter from Italy.
(d) At their favorite Italian restaurant.
3. What does Posey create out of toilet paper for Chick's Halloween costume when he is six?
(a) A mummy.
(b) A marshmellow.
(c) A frankenstein monster.
(d) A ghost.
4. What does the narrator see that draws her to the place where she will meet the main character of the novel?
(a) Kids playing on the beach.
(b) A flower filled cemetery.
(c) Kids in purple t-shirts pitching and hitting.
(d) Old men tossing a ball around.
5. What did Posey want Chick to do as an adult?
(a) To be well educated.
(b) To be a ball player.
(c) To take over his father's liquor stores.
(d) To be a priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the narrator stop to do on the way back to the airport in the Introduction?
2. What family event was Chick Benetto not invited to?
3. How late for work was Chick on the Monday morning after receiving the evidence of the family event he missed?
4. Who does Chick call after sneaking out of work in Section 1?
5. What does Chick notice his car ran into and is now stopped underneath?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)