|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator tell the reader in the Introduction that they might not believe the story?
(a) The story is unusual.
(b) The story revolves around the main characters one day visit with his dead mother.
(c) The narrator does not believe the story.
(d) The story is not true.
2. Why did Chick Benetto once wish his mother would leave him alone?
(a) She was too critical.
(b) She was full of too much bad advice.
(c) She was smothering him.
(d) She was rude and unkind.
3. What did the narrator stop to do on the way back to the airport in the Introduction?
(a) Visit the beach.
(b) Have lunch.
(c) Get some coffee.
(d) Buy an ice cream.
4. How did Len Benetto propose to Posey?
(a) At their favorite Italian restaurant.
(b) At the same place where they met.
(c) In a letter from Italy.
(d) In a note scribbled in class.
5. Why does Chick say his hometown is called Pepperville Beach?
(a) Some entrepreneur brought sand to the area to create a beach at the lake.
(b) Someone dreamed of creating a beach there, but never got around to it.
(c) It is a joke among the locals.
(d) It is a play on words regarding a nearby business.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chick intend to do once he arrives at his destination in Section 2: Part 1?
2. What line does Chick Benetto feel he crossed?
3. Which did Chick chose to be as a small child, a daddy's boy or a momma's boy?
4. The narrator says every family is a what?
5. What profession does the narrator regret telling he/she currently work as?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)