|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the narrator stop to do on the way back to the airport in the Introduction?
(a) Visit the beach.
(b) Buy an ice cream.
(c) Have lunch.
(d) Get some coffee.
2. What kind of story does the narrator suggest this novel is?
(a) A mystery.
(b) A ghost story.
(c) A family drama.
(d) A romance.
3. Why does Chick say his hometown is called Pepperville Beach?
(a) Someone dreamed of creating a beach there, but never got around to it.
(b) Some entrepreneur brought sand to the area to create a beach at the lake.
(c) It is a play on words regarding a nearby business.
(d) It is a joke among the locals.
4. What family event was Chick Benetto not invited to?
(a) His mother's funeral.
(b) His sister's wedding.
(c) His daughter's wedding.
(d) His father's funeral.
5. Who notices the narrator in the Introduction as the narrator watches the action going on?
(a) A kid building a sand castle.
(b) An old man mowing the grass.
(c) An old man visiting his wife's grave.
(d) A kid pitching a ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. In section 1, from what object does Chick decide to jump?
2. What did Posey want Chick to do as an adult?
3. What causes Chick to crash his car in Section 1?
4. What does Chick notice his car ran into and is now stopped underneath?
5. What did Chick's mother often slip to Chick whenever she dropped him off somewhere?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)