|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Posey met Len Benetto?
(a) At church.
(b) At Galveston beach.
(c) At school.
(d) At Pepperville Lake.
2. What does the narrator see that draws her to the place where she will meet the main character of the novel?
(a) Kids in purple t-shirts pitching and hitting.
(b) Kids playing on the beach.
(c) Old men tossing a ball around.
(d) A flower filled cemetery.
3. Why does Chick's mother tell him she will have to take him to his ball game in Section 2: Part 1?
(a) His father was out of town.
(b) His father did not want to.
(c) His father had an accident.
(d) His father was gone.
4. What does the narrator claim to have spent part of her career doing?
(a) Writing romances.
(b) Writing ghost stories.
(c) Writing mysteries.
(d) Writing about sports.
5. What did Posey want Chick to do as an adult?
(a) To be well educated.
(b) To be a priest.
(c) To take over his father's liquor stores.
(d) To be a ball player.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which did Chick chose to be as a small child, a daddy's boy or a momma's boy?
2. Who does the narrator claim the story from this novel belongs to?
3. Where does Chick go after he wakes from his fall from the water tower?
4. What does Chick Benetto blame for the destruction of his marriage?
5. Who told Chick he could only be a momma's boy or a daddy's boy, not both?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)