|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During a night of heavy drinking, where does Chick decide to go?
(a) Pepperville Beach, his hometown.
(b) Boston, his wife's hometown.
(c) Los Angeles, his sister's home.
(d) New York, his daughter's home.
2. Why does Chick sneak out of work in Section 1?
(a) He is called away by a family emergency.
(b) He is hung over and depressed.
(c) He is sick.
(d) He is unable to concentrate.
3. How did Len Benetto propose to Posey?
(a) At the same place where they met.
(b) At their favorite Italian restaurant.
(c) In a note scribbled in class.
(d) In a letter from Italy.
4. Why does Chick's mother tell him she will have to take him to his ball game in Section 2: Part 1?
(a) His father was gone.
(b) His father had an accident.
(c) His father was out of town.
(d) His father did not want to.
5. What does Chick feel is unbalanced in the lists he made regarding his and his mother's love for one another?
(a) Chick feels he let both his parents down.
(b) Chick feels there is no unbalance.
(c) Chick feels he did not stand up enough for his mother.
(d) Chick feels his mother did not stand up enough for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Chick Benetto once wish his mother would leave him alone?
2. In section 1, from what object does Chick decide to jump?
3. What does Chick stop at a convenience store to buy in Section 1?
4. Why does Chick Benetto believe he was not invited to this family event?
5. Why does the narrator tell the reader in the Introduction that they might not believe the story?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)