|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Posey met Len Benetto?
(a) At Pepperville Lake.
(b) At school.
(c) At Galveston beach.
(d) At church.
2. What does the narrator claim to have spent part of her career doing?
(a) Writing romances.
(b) Writing about sports.
(c) Writing ghost stories.
(d) Writing mysteries.
3. Why does Chick recall that his mother barked at a neighborhood dog?
(a) To make his sister laugh.
(b) To make him laugh.
(c) To teach the dog not to mess with people.
(d) To teach him that you have to show a bully whose boss.
4. What causes Chick to crash his car in Section 1?
(a) His decision to drink.
(b) His decision to go the wrong way down an on ramp.
(c) An animal that jumped in front of his car.
(d) A car driving in the wrong direction.
5. Who does Chick call after sneaking out of work in Section 1?
(a) His daughter, Marie.
(b) His mother, Posey.
(c) His father, Len.
(d) His ex-wife, Catherine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls down to Chick from upstairs as he stands in the kitchen of his mother's abandoned house in Section 2, Part 1?
2. What does Chick notice his car ran into and is now stopped underneath?
3. What phrase does Chick feel fits him well?
4. Why does Chick say his hometown is called Pepperville Beach?
5. Who supposedly attempted to kill himself/herself?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)