|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the narrator stop to do on the way back to the airport in the Introduction?
(a) Buy an ice cream.
(b) Visit the beach.
(c) Get some coffee.
(d) Have lunch.
2. Why does the narrator claim they chose to write the novel in another person's voice?
(a) To add to the mystery.
(b) To make it more suspenseful.
(c) To make it more believable.
(d) To make it more romantic.
3. What does Chick stop at a convenience store to buy in Section 1?
(a) Soda pop.
4. What did Posey want Chick to do as an adult?
(a) To be well educated.
(b) To take over his father's liquor stores.
(c) To be a ball player.
(d) To be a priest.
5. Why does Chick say his hometown is called Pepperville Beach?
(a) It is a joke among the locals.
(b) It is a play on words regarding a nearby business.
(c) Someone dreamed of creating a beach there, but never got around to it.
(d) Some entrepreneur brought sand to the area to create a beach at the lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Chick find looking at him as he recovers from his jump in section 1?
2. Who supposedly attempted to kill himself/herself?
3. What did Posey and Len fight about most often when Chick was a child?
4. What causes Chick to crash his car in Section 1?
5. Why does Chick Benetto believe he was not invited to this family event?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)