|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What profession does the narrator regret telling he/she currently work as?
(a) The narrator is a writer.
(b) The narrator is a doctor.
(c) The narrator is a professional ball player.
(d) The narrator is a lawyer.
2. What does Chick Benetto receive that informs him of this family event he missed?
(a) A newspaper announcement.
(b) A delayed invitation.
(c) A letter.
(d) Wedding photos.
3. What causes Chick to crash his car in Section 1?
(a) A car driving in the wrong direction.
(b) His decision to go the wrong way down an on ramp.
(c) An animal that jumped in front of his car.
(d) His decision to drink.
4. Where does the narrator claim to have found the main character of this novel one Saturday morning?
(a) Walking beside the river.
(b) Mowing the lawn of his mother's house.
(c) On the railing of a water tower.
(d) In the bleachers of a Little League baseball field.
5. What does Chick notice his car ran into and is now stopped underneath?
(a) A billboard for a new breakfast cereal.
(b) A school bus.
(c) A billboard for a Chevrolet dealership.
(d) A truck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator claim to have spent part of her career doing?
2. What did the narrator later find that added to the narrator's information used to write this novel?
3. In section 1, from what object does Chick decide to jump?
4. Why did the narrator come to Pepperville Beach?
5. Why does Chick Benetto believe he was not invited to this family event?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)