|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator claim to have found the main character of this novel one Saturday morning?
(a) On the railing of a water tower.
(b) In the bleachers of a Little League baseball field.
(c) Mowing the lawn of his mother's house.
(d) Walking beside the river.
2. Who told Chick Benetto she was sorry he did not get a chance to say good-bye before his mother died?
(a) His ten year old son.
(b) His fourteen year old daughter.
(c) His wife.
(d) His sister.
3. Why does the narrator tell the reader in the Introduction that they might not believe the story?
(a) The story is unusual.
(b) The story revolves around the main characters one day visit with his dead mother.
(c) The narrator does not believe the story.
(d) The story is not true.
4. Who supposedly attempted to kill himself/herself?
(a) Len Benetto.
(b) Chick Benetto.
(c) Posey Benetto.
(d) Marie Benetto.
5. What line does Chick Benetto feel he crossed?
(a) The line of no return that leads to suicide.
(b) The line between morality and sin.
(c) The line between life and death.
(d) The line between right and wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who supposedly played in the World Series?
2. The narrator says every family is a what?
3. Why does the narrator claim they chose to write the novel in another person's voice?
4. What does the main character think the narrator wants to know about him?
5. During a night of heavy drinking, where does Chick decide to go?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)