|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Chick call after sneaking out of work in Section 1?
(a) His father, Len.
(b) His ex-wife, Catherine.
(c) His mother, Posey.
(d) His daughter, Marie.
2. What sport does the narrator claim the main character once played?
3. What did the narrator stop to do on the way back to the airport in the Introduction?
(a) Visit the beach.
(b) Get some coffee.
(c) Have lunch.
(d) Buy an ice cream.
4. What kind of story does the narrator suggest this novel is?
(a) A romance.
(b) A family drama.
(c) A mystery.
(d) A ghost story.
5. Why does the narrator claim they chose to write the novel in another person's voice?
(a) To make it more believable.
(b) To make it more suspenseful.
(c) To make it more romantic.
(d) To add to the mystery.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator says every family is a what?
2. Who does the narrator claim the story from this novel belongs to?
3. During a night of heavy drinking, where does Chick decide to go?
4. Why did Chick Benetto once wish his mother would leave him alone?
5. Why does Chick sneak out of work in Section 1?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)