|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What phrase does Chick feel fits him well?
(a) Poor truant, passionate fool.
(b) Life is a beach.
(c) Tiime will tell.
(d) Blundering back to God.
2. Who supposedly played in the World Series?
(a) The old man at the beach.
(b) The old man at the cemetery.
(c) Len Benetto.
(d) Chick Benetto.
3. What is a short stay in baseball called?
(a) A cup of coffee.
(b) A cup of tea.
(c) A glass of tequilla.
(d) A glass of milk.
4. What three things did Posey once tell Chick he needed to be successful?
(a) Belief, hard work, and love.
(b) Hard work, good money, and intelligence.
(c) Intelligence, hard work, and good support.
(d) Good support, lots of money, and love.
5. What did chick always think was important to a person's memory?
(a) The children he left behind.
(b) The woman he married.
(c) The caliber of profession that followed his name.
(d) His surname.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of story does the narrator suggest this novel is?
2. What does Chick learn about his mother on his fake business trip that makes him regret leaving?
3. What does Posey say when Chick tells her she died?
4. Why does Chick claim he did not check on the driver of the truck involved in his accident?
5. After a night in which Posey thought she heard an intruder in the night, why does Chick say he will be angry with his mother until he leaves that house?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)