|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Chick Benetto believe he was not invited to this family event?
(a) His drinking made him an embarrassment.
(b) He does not get along with his ex-wife.
(c) He does not get along with his extended family.
(d) His attitude made him unwelcome.
2. What does the main character think the narrator wants to know about him?
(a) Why he left his familiy.
(b) Why he drank and drove.
(c) Why he attempted suicide.
(d) Why his mother died.
3. Who did Chick one day catch using binoculars to stare in his mother's bedroom windows shortly after the divorce?
(a) A couple kids Chick went to school with.
(b) A married neighbor and his son.
(c) A friend of his dad's and his son.
(d) His dad and one of his workers.
4. What does Chick say when his mother asks about his wife, Catherine?
(a) He lies, saying she is sick.
(b) He lies, saying they are still together.
(c) They split up.
5. What does Chick say is the best thing that ever happened to him in his career?
(a) He was made salesman of the year.
(b) He played in the Super Bowl.
(c) He played in the World Series.
(d) He played in the All-Star game.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Posey tell Chick about how she happens to visit people who are dying?
2. Who brings food to Chick with instructions that he take it home to his family shortly after his parents' divorce?
3. Who came to Chick's defense when the librarian refused to allow him to check out the book he wanted?
4. What does Chick feel is unbalanced in the lists he made regarding his and his mother's love for one another?
5. What request did Posey make for her own funeral after seeing the custom at Jewish funerals?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)