|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chick notice his car ran into and is now stopped underneath?
(a) A billboard for a Chevrolet dealership.
(b) A school bus.
(c) A billboard for a new breakfast cereal.
(d) A truck.
2. What does Miss Thelma's family think she is doing?
(a) Making dinner.
(b) Talking to a friend on the phone.
(d) Working a crossword.
3. What does Chick learn about this woman that upsets him the most?
(a) She was a grandmother he never met.
(b) She was the reason his father left the family.
(c) She was a sports reporter who could have helped his career.
(d) She gave his father a son.
4. What three things did Posey once tell Chick he needed to be successful?
(a) Belief, hard work, and love.
(b) Hard work, good money, and intelligence.
(c) Intelligence, hard work, and good support.
(d) Good support, lots of money, and love.
5. What does Chick learn about his mother on his fake business trip that makes him regret leaving?
(a) His mother has cancer.
(b) His mother had a heart attack.
(c) His mother was in a car accident.
(d) His mother fell and broke her hip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Posey say when Chick tells her she died?
2. Why does Chick recall that his mother barked at a neighborhood dog?
3. What news does Rose mention she hear on the radio shortly before Posey and Chick come to visit?
4. What one word was the only one Chick could manage to say when his mother, who had been dead eight years, entered the kitchen in Section 2: Part 2?
5. Who told Chick Benetto she was sorry he did not get a chance to say good-bye before his mother died?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)