|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Chick and his sister use to carve their initials into their mother's kitchen table?
(a) Pocket knives.
(b) Steak knives.
(d) Razor blades.
2. Why does Chick claim he did not check on the driver of the truck involved in his accident?
(a) He could see the driver was fine.
(b) He could see the driver was already out of the car and calling the police.
(c) He did not want to be arrested for drunk driving.
(d) He did not have the courage.
3. How did Roberta hide the carvings she and Chick made in their mother's kitchen table when their mother returned from work?
(a) A gallon of koolaide.
(b) A gallon of ice cream.
(c) A gallon of milk.
(d) A gallon of apple juice.
4. Why did Len Benetto often spend long chunks of time away from his family?
(a) To spend time with his friends.
(b) To visit with liquor distributors and to manage his new store in a town an hour away.
(c) To help reduce the friction at home.
(d) To spend time with his biological family.
5. What does Chick Benetto blame for the destruction of his marriage?
(a) Money troubles and her excessive drinking.
(b) Infidelity on her part.
(c) Money troubles and his excessive drinking.
(d) Infidelity on his part.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told Chick he could only be a momma's boy or a daddy's boy, not both?
2. What one word was the only one Chick could manage to say when his mother, who had been dead eight years, entered the kitchen in Section 2: Part 2?
3. Who does Chick find looking at him as he recovers from his jump in section 1?
4. What was it that Chick insists his father always had in mind?
5. Where did Posey met Len Benetto?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)