|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What one word was the only one Chick could manage to say when his mother, who had been dead eight years, entered the kitchen in Section 2: Part 2?
2. Why does Chick say his hometown is called Pepperville Beach?
(a) It is a play on words regarding a nearby business.
(b) Some entrepreneur brought sand to the area to create a beach at the lake.
(c) It is a joke among the locals.
(d) Someone dreamed of creating a beach there, but never got around to it.
3. Why did Chick and his sister have trouble accepting that their parents were going to get divorced?
(a) They often fought.
(b) They often spent time apart.
(c) They always got back together.
(d) They often spoke of separation.
4. What sport does the narrator claim the main character once played?
5. What meal that Posey makes does Len Benetto often complain she cannot make properly?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chick find in the refrigerator of his mother's long empty house?
2. Why does Chick's mother tell him she will have to take him to his ball game in Section 2: Part 1?
3. When did Posey stop listening to her favorite song?
4. What question does the narrator pose at the end of the Introduction?
5. What one thing did Chick notice his parents did together that seemed to make them both happy?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)