|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Chick and his sister have trouble accepting that their parents were going to get divorced?
(a) They often spent time apart.
(b) They often spoke of separation.
(c) They often fought.
(d) They always got back together.
2. Why does Posey ask Chick to repeat himself when he tells her thank you for the meal?
(a) She wants to hear his voice.
(b) She wants to savor the words.
(c) She is surprised by his unusual gratitude.
(d) She is hard of hearing.
3. Why did Len Benetto often spend long chunks of time away from his family?
(a) To spend time with his biological family.
(b) To visit with liquor distributors and to manage his new store in a town an hour away.
(c) To spend time with his friends.
(d) To help reduce the friction at home.
4. Why does Chick recall that his mother barked at a neighborhood dog?
(a) To teach the dog not to mess with people.
(b) To teach him that you have to show a bully whose boss.
(c) To make his sister laugh.
(d) To make him laugh.
5. What does Posey create out of toilet paper for Chick's Halloween costume when he is six?
(a) A frankenstein monster.
(b) A ghost.
(c) A marshmellow.
(d) A mummy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What family event was Chick Benetto not invited to?
2. Who does Chick find looking at him as he recovers from his jump in section 1?
3. Who told Chick Benetto she was sorry he did not get a chance to say good-bye before his mother died?
4. Who notices the narrator in the Introduction as the narrator watches the action going on?
5. What did Chick and his sister use to carve their initials into their mother's kitchen table?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)