|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator claim to have spent part of her career doing?
(a) Writing about sports.
(b) Writing mysteries.
(c) Writing ghost stories.
(d) Writing romances.
2. Who told Chick Benetto she was sorry he did not get a chance to say good-bye before his mother died?
(a) His sister.
(b) His wife.
(c) His ten year old son.
(d) His fourteen year old daughter.
3. How did Len Benetto propose to Posey?
(a) In a note scribbled in class.
(b) In a letter from Italy.
(c) At their favorite Italian restaurant.
(d) At the same place where they met.
4. Why does Posey ask Chick to put on his coat after he has finished eating?
(a) She wants him to leave her alone.
(b) She has visits to make.
(c) She is sending him to the store.
(d) She is taking him to the hospital.
5. What phrase does Chick feel fits him well?
(a) Poor truant, passionate fool.
(b) Blundering back to God.
(c) Tiime will tell.
(d) Life is a beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator see that draws her to the place where she will meet the main character of the novel?
2. Who supposedly attempted to kill himself/herself?
3. Which did Chick chose to be as a small child, a daddy's boy or a momma's boy?
4. What meal does Posey fix for Chick in the present as he sits at the kitchen table?
5. Why did a librarian tell Chick he could not read 20,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA by Jules Verne?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)