|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Len Benetto often spend long chunks of time away from his family?
(a) To spend time with his friends.
(b) To visit with liquor distributors and to manage his new store in a town an hour away.
(c) To help reduce the friction at home.
(d) To spend time with his biological family.
2. What one word was the only one Chick could manage to say when his mother, who had been dead eight years, entered the kitchen in Section 2: Part 2?
3. In section 1, from what object does Chick decide to jump?
(a) A water tower.
(b) A shopping mall.
(c) A diving board.
(d) A private balcony.
4. Who came to Chick's defense when the librarian refused to allow him to check out the book he wanted?
(a) His teacher.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His friend.
5. What does Chick feel is unbalanced in the lists he made regarding his and his mother's love for one another?
(a) Chick feels he let both his parents down.
(b) Chick feels his mother did not stand up enough for him.
(c) Chick feels he did not stand up enough for his mother.
(d) Chick feels there is no unbalance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Chick recall that his mother barked at a neighborhood dog?
2. During a night of heavy drinking, where does Chick decide to go?
3. What did Posey want Chick to do as an adult?
4. What question does Posey ask Chick that causes him to insist that her being in the kitchen eight years after her death is impossible?
5. Who told Chick Benetto she was sorry he did not get a chance to say good-bye before his mother died?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)