|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chick intend to do once he arrives at his destination in Section 2: Part 1?
(a) To drink some more.
(b) To speak to his wife.
(c) To kill himself.
(d) To speak to his daughter.
2. Why does Chick say his hometown is called Pepperville Beach?
(a) It is a play on words regarding a nearby business.
(b) Some entrepreneur brought sand to the area to create a beach at the lake.
(c) Someone dreamed of creating a beach there, but never got around to it.
(d) It is a joke among the locals.
3. What does Chick learn about his mother while he and she are visiting with Miss Thelma?
(a) That his mother lived with Miss Thelma for a short time in the past.
(b) That his mother and Miss Thelma cleaned houses together.
(c) That Miss Thelma is a distant relative.
(d) That his mother paid for Miss Thelma's cancer treatments.
4. How did Posey often spend holidays after the divorce?
(a) With friends and neighbors like before.
(b) Going out with all her new boyfriends.
(c) Throwing parties with just her and the kids.
(d) Working overtime at the hospital.
5. Who brings food to Chick with instructions that he take it home to his family shortly after his parents' divorce?
(a) A local teacher.
(b) A priest.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) A couple of nuns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chick's mother wear the day she drives him to his first day of college?
2. What does Posey create out of toilet paper for Chick's Halloween costume when he is six?
3. Why does Chick refuse to give up baseball even after his father has left the family?
4. Who did Chick one day catch using binoculars to stare in his mother's bedroom windows shortly after the divorce?
5. What does Chick notice as he, his mother, and Miss Thelma drive through town?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)