1. What kind of story does the narrator suggest this novel is?
(a) A romance.
(b) A ghost story.
(c) A family drama.
(d) A mystery.
2. What does the main character think the narrator wants to know about him?
(a) Why he attempted suicide.
(b) Why he drank and drove.
(c) Why he left his familiy.
(d) Why his mother died.
3. Who does the narrator claim the story from this novel belongs to?
(a) Maria Benetto.
(b) Pauline 'Posey' Benetto.
(c) Charles 'Chick' Benetto.
(d) Len Benetto.
4. Where does the narrator claim to have found the main character of this novel one Saturday morning?
(a) Walking beside the river.
(b) In the bleachers of a Little League baseball field.
(c) Mowing the lawn of his mother's house.
(d) On the railing of a water tower.
5. What does the narrator claim to have spent part of her career doing?
(a) Writing mysteries.
(b) Writing ghost stories.
(c) Writing romances.
(d) Writing about sports.
This section contains 6,097 words
(approx. 21 pages at 300 words per page)