Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
* The narrator introduces the main character, Chick Benetto.
* Chick is described as a one time professional baseball player.
* At one time, Chick attempted to kill himself.
Section 1 Abstract
* Chick was raised by a woman described as wild. Her name is Posey.
Section 2: Part 1 Abstract
* The book's main theme will deal with the death of...
This section contains 1,739 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)