|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Anxious for the Fray.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his discussion of those soldiers who were not so heroic, McPherson mentions that these men were referred to as all BUT WHICH of the following?
2. In May 1864 the 7th New York was delighted to be ordered into action; they were less excited nine months later after having lost how many men?
3. In the story of James and John Welsh, McPherson says that John--who enlisted with the 27th Virginia--was killed during which of the following battles?
(b) Bull Run.
4. Which of the following states had the strongest convictions about the war, according to the descriptions of Southern motivations for war?
5. When discussing the movie "Gettysburg" and the novel "The Killer Angels," McPherson mentions which man who won the medal of honor for defending Little Big Top?
(a) Henry J. Minnigh.
(b) Charles Evans Roberts.
(c) Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain.
(d) William E. Miller.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the 7th Vermont was called forward in June 1862, which of the following regiments pouted while Vermont celebrated?
2. In his discussion of his ancestor, Jesse Beecher, McPherson says that in 1862 Beecher enlisted with the 112th New York at what age?
3. A private from which state recounted an amazing amount of energy while describing the battle of Gaines Mill?
4. An experience at Gaines Mill on June 27, 1862, where the Union line slowly began to leak stragglers, was described by a corporal from which state?
5. As McPherson discusses the initial impulse that prompted men to enlist on both sides after the raid on Fort Sumter he references which of the following French terms?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)