|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, We Know That We are Supported at Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When McPherson recounts the tale of Sarah Rosetta Wakeman, what name does he say she enlisted under?
(a) Teddy Wakefield.
(b) Lyons Rose.
(c) Thomas Lyons.
(d) Lyons Wakeman.
2. During the discussion of the American volunteers in the Spanish Civil War, what percentage found that "belief in war aims" helped overcome the fear of battle?
3. A private in the 1st Virginia reported, after the battle of Sharpsburg, that a man in the 24th Virginia was whipped publicly for cowardice; how many lashes did the man receive?
4. Which of the following was a major in the 19th Iowa, described in "Chapter 4: If I Flinched I Was Ruined," who would walk and let injured men ride his horse?
(a) Major Kit Chancellor.
(b) Major Tommy Byron.
(c) Major Myron Burroughs.
(d) Major Dan Kent.
5. At the end of "Chapter Two: We Were in Earnest," readers find that the "we were in earnest" chapter title comes from a soldier in which of the following regiments?
(a) 23rd Virginia.
(b) 42nd Georgia.
(c) 19th Massachusetts.
(d) 36th Pennsylvania.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the discussion of the officers' views on training, which of the following did a captain in the 85th New York NOT believe would get men to fight well?
2. Which individual won the nomination for governor of Ohio on an antiwar platform in June 1863?
3. Which of the following Generals retrieved his character during the Battle of Fair Oaks?
4. While talking about the Emancipation Proclamation's effect on Union morale, McPherson says that, in comparison to enlisted men, what percentage of officers supported emancipation?
5. Soldiers in the discussion of military coercion stood firm under fire for the Prussian army under the command of ________ because they feared their officers more than the enemy.
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)