|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Searching for Soma: The Golden Vedic Enigma.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the connection between the loss of connection to nature and humanity?
(b) Animal breeding.
2. Why might Zoroaster have banned Soma?
(a) He objected to altered states of mind.
(b) He thought of all altered states of mind as witchcraft.
(c) He objected to the bull sacrifice that was a part of the ritual.
(d) He was greatly influenced by the Christian religion that was forming.
3. What is interesting to note about the Western monotheistic deity?
(a) All of these.
(b) Women are transformed into a negative aspect.
(c) Women are praised but captive.
(d) Women aren't involved as they are in every other religion.
4. What is a common occurrence regarding psilocybin intoxication?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Spontaneous outbursts of poetry.
(d) Speaking in tongues.
5. What female deities persisted in the patriarchal society?
(a) The cult of Mary.
(b) The divine Parusha.
(c) All of these.
(d) The cult of Kali.
Short Answer Questions
1. What according to McKenna seems to be the unique characteristic of the hominids?
2. Why must the plant sought require no preparation?
3. Why didn't the author settle for the ayahuasca in the marketplace?
4. What did the author learn about in India regarding religion?
5. What is the soul of poetic verse?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)