|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Searching for Soma: The Golden Vedic Enigma.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was important in the evolution of modern humans?
(c) The thinning and shortening of the arm bones.
(d) The thinning of the cranial bones.
2. What substances did the author use?
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Psilocybin mushrooms.
(d) Both of these.
3. What goddess did the Paleolithic cult worship?
(a) The Great Mother Goddess.
(b) The Great Winged Goddess.
(c) The Great Wise Goddess.
(d) The Great Horned Goddess.
4. When did the preparation of visionary Soma cease?
(a) When the Indo-Europeans stopped migrating.
(b) When patriarchy became dominant.
(c) All of these.
(d) When the rise of Christianity ensued.
5. Why would mushrooms have been especially noticeable on the African grasslands?
(a) None of these.
(b) Their inviting smell.
(c) Their colors would have been intriguing.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens where hallucinogenic plants do not occur?
2. What main point(s) are offered against the fly agaric mushroom?
3. What does psilocybin have a catalytic effect on?
4. What cognitive ability are humans not known for?
5. How do Westerners regard psychoactive drugs?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)