|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The High Plains of Eden.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do psychoactive plants allow a shaman to do?
(a) To feel good about himself.
(b) To inflate their ego.
(c) To manipulate the environment.
(d) Allow the healer to journey into an invisible realm of natural magic.
2. What plant is considered not only a hallucinogen, but also an aphrodisiac?
(a) Stropharia cubensis.
(d) Peganum harmala.
3. What happens to an individual in a state of ecstasy, according to Gordon Wasson?
(a) All of these.
(b) The individual is intoxicated.
(c) The soul is scooped from the body.
(d) The soul is denigrated.
4. What is shamanism?
(c) All of these.
(d) Theatrical performance.
5. Why would mushrooms have been especially noticeable on the African grasslands?
(a) None of these.
(b) Their colors would have been intriguing.
(c) Their inviting smell.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what pharmacological areas has LSD aided humanity?
2. What is a common occurrence regarding psilocybin intoxication?
3. What goddess did the Paleolithic cult worship?
4. "Shamanic ecstasy is is an act of _______..."?
5. Where are the ibogaine family of substances from?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)