|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The High Plains of Eden.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the old woman who had provided the author with ayahuasca?
(a) Dona Ceraline.
(b) Dona Catalina.
(c) Dona Caralina.
(d) Dona Carolina.
2. What particular family of active chemical compounds does McKenna believe affected human development?
(a) Indile hallucinogens.
(b) Indole hallucinogens.
(c) Infold hallucinogens.
(d) Imbibed hallucinogens.
3. The author originally believed that magic was a phenomenon of the...?
(b) Neither of these.
(d) Both of these.
4. What is not a shamanic method of ecstasy?
(a) Having intercourse.
(c) Manipulation of breath.
5. Why would mushrooms have been especially noticeable on the African grasslands?
(a) None of these.
(b) Their colors would have been intriguing.
(c) Their inviting smell.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is a grass containing DMT an unlikely source of material to boost the human consciousness?
2. What female deities persisted in the patriarchal society?
3. "Shamanic ecstasy is is an act of _______..."?
4. What is a common occurrence regarding psilocybin intoxication?
5. Where does Terence McKenna believe Eden was?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)