|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Synthetics: Heroin, Cocaine and Television.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What treaty legalized opium traffic in China?
(a) Treaty of Tentsin.
(b) Treaty of Tentsin.
(c) Treaty of Tientsin.
(d) Treaty of Telentsin.
2. What was the newest and most addictive drug introduced to society?
(b) Macha Lattes.
3. How was coca seen by the indigenous people of the Amazon?
(a) As a problem thing that was introduced by the Spaniards.
(b) As a goddess.
(c) None of these.
(d) As a boon to society.
4. What myth or story is explained in this chapter?
(a) The one of King Minos.
(b) The one of Glaukos.
(c) The one of Persephone.
(d) The one of Polyidos.
5. What is the angel with the flashing sword representing?
(a) The vengeful and ego driven god.
(b) The harshness of the desert environment.
(c) The competitive nature of the world.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Terence McKenna believe Eden was?
2. What did Carl Saur believe was the explanation for grasslands?
3. What does Eastern philosophy call the dissolution of the ego?
4. What according to McKenna seems to be the unique characteristic of the hominids?
5. What female deities persisted in the patriarchal society?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)