|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Habits as Culture and Religion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What factors have brought human evolution to a halt?
(a) The rise of communications.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Our sheer numbers.
2. What is interesting to note about the Western monotheistic deity?
(a) Women aren't involved as they are in every other religion.
(b) Women are transformed into a negative aspect.
(c) Women are praised but captive.
(d) All of these.
3. Why must the plant that may have contributed to the emergence of consciousness be in Africa?
(a) Africa is a nice place to live, so it must be where the early humans were from.
(b) The evidence is overwhelming that Africa is where humanity began.
(c) Africa is the most grassy of the continents so must be where mushrooms grew.
(d) Africa is the warmest of all the continents so must be where humanity began.
4. Where are the ibogaine family of substances from?
(a) North America.
(b) None of these.
5. What does a shaman get from entering the domain of plant intelligence?
(a) He becomes enraptured by this perspective and isn't able to leave.
(b) He finds answers to the life altering questions we all seek.
(c) He finds harmony with the environment.
(d) He becomes privileged to a higher dimensional perspective.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cognitive ability are humans not known for?
2. What religion in Africa is hallucinogenic plant based?
3. What particular family of active chemical compounds does McKenna believe affected human development?
4. Which writer is mentioned?
5. What is shamanism?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)