|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Smoke Gets in Your Eyes: Opium and Tobacco.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Psilocybin mushrooms stain which color when bruised or broken?
2. What is the snake a symbol of regarding shamanic convention?
(a) The deceased.
(c) The devil.
(d) The reborn.
3. What myth or story is explained in this chapter?
(a) The one of King Minos.
(b) The one of Polyidos.
(c) The one of Persephone.
(d) The one of Glaukos.
4. What mystery cult(s) existed on Crete in the fourth century, BC?
(c) Both of these.
(d) Neither of these.
5. Where might this form of civilization began?
(d) None of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the difference between the tobacco of the Classical Maya and that of which was distributed in Europe?
2. Who had the ability to convey the visionary power of opium?
3. Why what year was tobacco routinely smoked with opium in China?
4. What does psilocybin have a catalytic effect on?
5. What cognitive ability are humans not known for?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)