|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Twain describe Ceylon?
2. Why was the person in India murdered?
3. Who did Ramzam work for?
4. How did Twain travel to Baroda?
5. How many men followed Jameson on his first invasion?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Twain describe the Taj Mahal?
2. Why did Twain not see all he wanted in Calcutta?
3. What was the Black Hole, and what was it famous for?
4. What did Twain's family really love about India?
5. What disappointed Twain about his trip to Baroda?
6. Who controlled Mauritius, and how was the island affected?
7. What did Twain find interesting about his ship to Mauritius?
8. What was locked up in Indian Palaces, and what did Twain think about that?
9. What happened to Suttee widows?
10. What did Twain do to pass the time while sailing to Africa?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Where did religion fit in this narrative, and why were these instances so important to Twain to include in his travel journal?
Essay Topic 2
What was Twain's opinion of logic, and how did his idea affect the people around him on this trip around the world?
Essay Topic 3
What were the different backgrounds of the people who traveled with Twain, and how did these diverse backgrounds affect the course of the narrative?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)