|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who captured Ramzam?
2. What natural disaster damaged Port Louis?
3. What did Twain cite to describe the Taj Mahal?
4. How long did they spend hiking in the mountains?
5. Where did Twain spend New Year's?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Twain describe the Taj Mahal?
2. How did Twain describe the river in Benares?
3. What did Twain do during his layover on the way to Benares?
4. What was the Black Hole, and what was it famous for?
5. What happened to Suttee widows?
6. What did Twain's family really love about India?
7. How did Twain describe Mauritius?
8. What did Twain like visiting in Benares?
9. What animals in India was Britain trying to control and why?
10. Who controlled Mauritius, and how was the island affected?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Twain's opinion of logic, and how did his idea affect the people around him on this trip around the world?
Essay Topic 2
How did Twain feel about his native country after this trip, and what particular parts of this trip led to this feeling?
Essay Topic 3
How did Twain's relationship with his wife and daughter change and progress over the course of this trip? What clues were given to the deepness of their relationship, and how do these change the feeling of the book?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)