|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Twain use for transportation in India after seeing the Taj Mahal?
2. Where did Twain stay in Darjeeling?
3. What happened a year after Twain visited India?
4. What did Twain say the law closely followed in Port Louis?
5. What compartments would servants hold for their masters on trains?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Twain describe Mauritius?
2. Who controlled Mauritius, and how was the island affected?
3. Why did Twain go to Baroda?
4. Who were the Thuggees, and how did Twain know about them?
5. What did Twain and his family do while traveling through the mountains?
6. What was the Black Hole, and what was it famous for?
7. What happened to Suttee widows?
8. What did Twain find interesting about his ship to Mauritius?
9. How did Twain describe the river in Benares?
10. What did Twain say about Government House?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Twain's distinct style show in this autobiographical account, and how did this affect the tone and believability of the narrative?
Essay Topic 2
What was the political controversy happening in South Africa, and how did Twain feel about it?
Essay Topic 3
How did Twain's relationship with his wife and daughter change and progress over the course of this trip? What clues were given to the deepness of their relationship, and how do these change the feeling of the book?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)