|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the missionary say was slow to spread in his home country?
2. Who was in Australia before the British arrived?
3. Where was Ed from?
4. What was the profession of the man who pretended to be Sir Roger?
5. What were playing in the water off the shore of Sydney?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was produced in Stawell?
2. Why did Twain like talking to the Englishman on the ship?
3. How did people in Australia communicate before they had roads?
4. How did Twain describe the Flora?
5. Who was Mr. Blank, and how did Twain feel about him?
6. Why was Twain not able to tour Honolulu?
7. How was Australia founded?
8. What animal was introduced to New Zealand?
9. What kind of hunt did Twain watch, and how did he feel about it?
10. What did Twain first see when he landed at Australia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which stops along this trip were most interesting for you, and what did you learn from the description of those places?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the narrative. Why might Twain have chosen these particular places for his trip around the world?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Twain say India was the most fascinating country, and what were the affects of this opinion?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)