|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the missionary say was slow to spread in his home country?
2. What was mined in Bendigo?
3. What law changed in the slave trade?
4. What was Wawn's title?
5. What was the capital of Tasmania?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Twain discuss with two men on a train in Australia?
2. How did Twain win a watch while on the ship?
3. What did Twain like to discuss with others at dinnertime on the ship?
4. How was Australia founded?
5. How did people in Australia communicate before they had roads?
6. Why was Twain not able to tour Honolulu?
7. Why did Twain like talking to the Englishman on the ship?
8. What did Twain talk to a missionary about from India?
9. What was the story of Sir Roger?
10. Who was Mr. Blank, and how did Twain feel about him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which stops along this trip were most interesting for you, and what did you learn from the description of those places?
Essay Topic 2
What was the political controversy happening in South Africa, and how did Twain feel about it?
Essay Topic 3
Technology was a huge theme in this book. What are some places where this theme appeared, and how did Twain feel about technology in those places?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)