|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the Englishman on the ship from?
2. What culture did Twain learn about in Christchurch?
3. How did most missionaries feel about the slave trade?
4. What kind of college was in Horsham?
5. What accent did Twain discuss at dinnertime?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Twain discuss with two men on a train in Australia?
2. How did Twain learn about New Zealand before visiting there?
3. How did Twain describe Melbourne?
4. What animal was introduced to New Zealand?
5. What were the first major industries in Australia?
6. What was produced in Stawell?
7. What did Twain like to discuss with others at dinnertime on the ship?
8. How was Australia founded?
9. How did Twain describe the Flora?
10. What kind of hunt did Twain watch, and how did he feel about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Twain experiences some moments of deep despair in this book. What are some of these moments, what caused them, and how did his reaction to this despair shape the direction of his trip and his narrative of the trip?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Twin choose to take this trip, and what changed in his life because of this decision?
Essay Topic 3
Which stops along this trip were most interesting for you, and what did you learn from the description of those places?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)