|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the purser from?
2. Who gave Twain a tour of Bendigo?
3. Where did Twain go after leaving Wauganu?
4. What kind of embellishments were seen in Sydney?
5. What did Twain like to look at during the night on the ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Twain talk to a missionary about from India?
2. What did Twain like to discuss with others at dinnertime on the ship?
3. What did Twain first see when he landed at Australia?
4. What did Twain do with a list of Australian town names?
5. What was a weet-weet?
6. How was Australia founded?
7. What did the Maharajah do to provide entertainment on the ship?
8. How did people in Australia communicate before they had roads?
9. Why did Twain like talking to the Englishman on the ship?
10. Who was Mr. Blank, and how did Twain feel about him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which person did you relate with the most in this book? Why ? How did this person change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
What was the political controversy happening in South Africa, and how did Twain feel about it?
Essay Topic 3
How did Twain feel about his native country after this trip, and what particular parts of this trip led to this feeling?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)